Worst Gaming Computer

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ShockD

There are a lot of people here who play on consoles and use their PCs only to access the Internet. This is enough of a hint to show you that you aren't anywhere near the worst PC mark.

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dystonym

I was on a Pentium D with 2gb of ram and a Radeon X1300 until like early 2011. It was the worst.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dr_mantas

CPU is Athlon 64 X2 5200+. Graphics are ATI Radeon HD 4870.

2 jiggies of RAM.

I've been needing an upgrade for a while.

McBEEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By McBEEF

Game on my laptop, with most newerish games (skyrim, Batman AC, etc) at 640x480, lowest settings possible, in windowed mode, for them to be playable at all.

AMD Athalon II P320 Dual-Core, 2.74 GB usuable ram

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@McBEEF: I thought Windowed mode decreased the fps?

On my old PC I just took advantage of the DX 8.1 mode in Team fortress 2, got about 40 fps that way, still looked alright

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By pandorasbox

I5 2500k @ 3.7ghz
8gb ddr3 ram
Gtx560ti

It's sooooo bad. ;)

McBEEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By McBEEF

@ItBeStefYo: At first I thought that too, but on Space Marine it greatly increased my fps, and made it run smooth, same on skyrim, alan wake batman AC. I dunno why though..

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SexyToad

I'm not t sure if mine is bad. It's a i7 quad processor. 4gb of ram. And I newly bought radon graphic card. I don't remember the specs on it though... I'm barely getting into pc gaming.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Bitch please, I get like 7 FPS on almost everything and it has to be on very low, not even low, or the shit hits the fan.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By zeforgotten

Terrible gaming PC of the decaded goes to mine. 
Didn't really spend a lot on it though 

Specs: 
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz 
RAM: 4GB DDR3-stuff
GPU: Radeon HD 6870 (Needs a serious update but it was cheap at the time so I just thought "fuck it") 
HDD: just a 500gb something something boring 

So don't try and teach me about computers that are not up to snuff. 
All is getting updated over the next few months though. 

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Grillbar

dont know whats in my laptop but it has problems running windows 7 basic. i used it to play age of empires online in the lowest res and it lagged a bit specially when in combat. and it even had problems with dungeons of dredmor.

it was basically used for gaming until i got my pc, and when i was not playing on my console

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jrinswand

My computer is decent but my video card is really good. It definitely gets the job done but it helps that I'm playing six year old games like Hitman: Blood Money right now. LOL. I'll eventually upgrade, as soon as I have more than a thousand fucking dollars in the bank. :O

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ ~3.0Ghz
RAM: 3 GB DDR2
GPU: Radeon HD 7850
HDD: 300 GB

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kermoosh

my macbook pro goes far on steam -sarcasm-

but anyway my college roommate played WoW on his laptop and would get to one frame per second almost every time

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By stonyman65

Before my recent build, I was rocking a AMD Opteron 3600+ dual core with 2 gigs of DDR2 and a Geforce 7600 (and later a 8800GTS) - hard drive was a 320 gig green drive

2005-2012 RIP.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My parents' old PC took 15 seconds to open a Word file and often crashed. So yeah...

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I'm not sure how my laptop stacks. I can run things pretty well though. Witcher 2 is on low, but still looks pretty good, and definitely better than the 360 version, and Metro 2033 runs on high and looks significantly better than the 360 version.  Starcraft 2, WoW Cataclysm and Diablo 3 all run on high. So it's more powerful than consoles, but not nearly as powerful as high end PC's, it's also from 2008, so I think it's lasted well and keeps on ticking. 

CPU: Intel Dual Core processor T9300 2.5GHz 
Graphics card: GeForce 8800M GTX
RAM: 4 GB DDR2 
HDD: 1.3TB (320 stock harddrive, 1tb second harddrive) 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King
Mine.
Mine.
veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By veektarius

Surprised at some of the specs being listed here. Mine's a Quad-2.4 Ghz processor and it runs most games on average to high. There's lots better out there, but they don't make many games for them.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DeF

@Battezu said:

Graphics Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M

that's appears to be your only problem^^ I don't even know what this is supposed to be ...some sort of on-board GPU? is this a laptop?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShaggE

*waits for somebody to pop in with their finely-tuned beast rig, saying "I dunno, guise, is this any good?*

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By MooseyMcMan

My computer can't even run modern games, let alone at frames per second. Specs? Well, it's a three year old laptop that might as well not even have a graphics card. And whatever lame excuse for one it does have probably only barely qualifies.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#24  Edited By beargirl1

don't know my specs well but i know that my computer overheats and starts to lock up when i watch a stream

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zeforgotten
@ShaggE said:

*waits for somebody to pop in with their finely-tuned beast rig, saying "I dunno, guise, is this any good?*

I'm actually surprised nobody has done it yet. Somethings wrong
AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AngelN7

Mine doesn't even have a graphics card so there... I can run Bejeweled 3 that's a videogame.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Justin258

I've been using Intel HD graphics with an i3 and 4GB of RAM. So, yeah, generic-ass student laptop and here is my Steam list.

@Video_Game_King said:

Mine.
Mine.

Try opening the console and typing "mat_fullbright 0". It's a lighting bug in the Source engine, and that solution might work, but I don't think it's a shit graphics card that's actually the problem.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By nintendoeats

My brother is currently playing with a 9600 GT, 2 GB of RAM and a mid-range core 2 duo. He mostly plays LoL, but even that gets choppy with a lot of minions on screen.

his computer in Toronto has an i7, so don't feel too sorry for him.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29  Edited By buft

I used to play on a laptop, had 1.8 ghz processor and 3gb of ram with one of those intel mobile cards, ran just about nothing well but it never stopped me from trying.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By Video_Game_King

@believer258:

You say that as though I'm still playing the game. True, it could apply to Episode Two, which I have yet to play on the PC, but I'm certain that my screenshot has given people reason not to give it to me.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By AlexW00d

@ZeForgotten said:

Specs:
RAM: 4GB DDR3-stuff
GPU: Radeon HD 6870 (Needs a serious update but it was cheap at the time so I just thought "fuck it")
HDD: just a 500gb something something boring So don't try and teach me about computers that are not up to snuff. All is getting updated over the next few months though.

derp

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Justin258

@Video_Game_King said:

@believer258:

You say that as though I'm still playing the game. True, it could apply to Episode Two, which I have yet to play on the PC, but I'm certain that my screenshot has given people reason not to give it to me.

Ah, well, just trying to help. Still, at least now you know that it wasn't your graphics card that was the problem, just a well-known bug.

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hugh_jazz

@dr_mantas said:

CPU is Athlon 64 X2 5200+. Graphics are ATI Radeon HD 4870.

2 jiggies of RAM.

I've been needing an upgrade for a while.

I guess the processor isn't much to brag about, and you do need more RAM, but hold on to that graphics card. I know I proclaim the virtues of the HD 4800 family any chance I get, but they're seriously good value and can still run a lot of games at decent settings.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dr_mantas

@Hugh_Jazz: I know, it's a great card, that's why I've been holding off. Just recently it started overheating, but I was too busy with exams to get to the bottom of it. Turns out it's just dust (shame on me). Vacuumed it out, changed the thermal paste - works quiet and cool as new.

Of course I'll be upgrading anyhow, because I bought the Witcher 2 and haven't been able to play it - it seriously can't cut it anymore.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zeforgotten
@AlexW00d said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Specs:
GPU: Radeon HD 6870 (Needs a serious update but it was cheap at the time so I just thought "fuck it")
HDD: just a 500gb something something boring So don't try and teach me about computers that are not up to snuff. All is getting updated over the next few months though.

derp

Nooo, don't "derp" at it, it's seriously trash. 
Sure I can play games but put enough monsters in Diablo 3 or units on screen in Starcraft 2 and it lags out. 
The Witcher 2 also starts lagging when too much stuff is happening (like too many effects going on at the same time) 
bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bchampnd

2007 Macbook. Downloaded Steam for Mac when it came out with Portal for free just to see if it could possibly run it. What happened: My computer made loud noises and nearly caught on fire while I looked at a black screen. I did eventually get the game to appear but it wasn't really playable.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

@ZeForgotten said:

@AlexW00d said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Specs:

derp

Nooo, don't "derp" at it, it's seriously trash. Sure I can play games but put enough monsters in Diablo 3 or units on screen in Starcraft 2 and it lags out. The Witcher 2 also starts lagging when too much stuff is happening (like too many effects going on at the same time)

I'd say get more ram at least. That CPU was pretty awesome for how cheap it can be. If you haven't already, try OC'ing it to 4.0+ if you have aftermarket cooling. Witcher 2 won't be flawless, but a little boost might be able to squeeze out a few more frames, and possibly keep them a little more consistent.

I remember back in the day I had and old HP Pavillion laptop that I tried gaming on. It could barely run HL2 at 15fps, but I made it through anyway!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By zeforgotten
@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@AlexW00d said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Specs:

derp

Nooo, don't "derp" at it, it's seriously trash. Sure I can play games but put enough monsters in Diablo 3 or units on screen in Starcraft 2 and it lags out. The Witcher 2 also starts lagging when too much stuff is happening (like too many effects going on at the same time)

I'd say get more ram at least. That CPU was pretty awesome for how cheap it can be. If you haven't already, try OC'ing it to 4.0+ if you have aftermarket cooling. Witcher 2 won't be flawless, but a little boost might be able to squeeze out a few more frames, and possibly keep them a little more consistent.

I remember back in the day I had and old HP Pavillion laptop that I tried gaming on. It could barely run HL2 at 15fps, but I made it through anyway!

So you don't think there's any reason to do a full upgrade of everything yet? 
I might just put a few gigs extra ram in there and then get an SSD and a bigger harddrive to install all my games on. 
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

@ZeForgotten said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@AlexW00d said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Specs:

derp

So you don't think there's any reason to do a full upgrade of everything yet? I might just put a few gigs extra ram in there and then get an SSD and a bigger harddrive to install all my games on.

Not quite yet. There's still some life in it.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Ben_H
@ZeForgotten said:
@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@AlexW00d said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Specs:

derp

So you don't think there's any reason to do a full upgrade of everything yet? I might just put a few gigs extra ram in there and then get an SSD and a bigger harddrive to install all my games on. 
I have that exact setup except I have a 6950. If you optimize settings you can run basically anything on medium or high at a stable, fully playable  framerate. I have no issues with Diablo 3 or SC2 (Don't run SC2 on Ultra, or even high if you play Zerg.  You need a beast of a CPU to keep up with lategame. Most people just run it on medium or high, I run it bottomed out on lowest for for smoothness and consistency but I can run it higher just fine). A great way to improve framerate with AMD cards is to use Catalyst Control Center to force anti-aliasing instead of using the anti-aliasing available in  the game settings. It makes a significant difference for some games (for me it was like 15 FPS in Skyrim, around 10 FPS in Diablo 3). It may not be as noticeable with your card though as it is slightly less powerful. 

I'm not upgrading my CPU for at least another year, I haven't had any issues with any new games yet (Haven't tried Witcher 2 though).
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zeforgotten
@wolf_blitzer85@Ben_H: Alright, thanks guys. 
You hear that PC? We're not going into the woods yet! 
'puts shotgun back on the rack'