Worst Injury?

DarkShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DarkShadow

I'm in a bored mood right now so I thought I'd ask you guys what your worst injury is. Mine happened when I was around 4 and I climbed up on my banister and thought it would be fun to slide down. So I hit the knob at the end and crashed into the wall and smashed my nose up pretty good.

Expecting very interesting answers =P

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Black_Raven

My worst injury was braking my elbow. Sounds pretty harmless but it damaged some nerves which caused my hand to feel all tingly for a few weeks after and I still cant bend my arm straight after about 8 years.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By thordain

When I was 8, I fell off of some monkey bars and broke my nose. Also pretty bad was an experience down at the beach at 10. I was running into the water but missed a body surfer hiding under the wave. His head came flying in at my kneecap and I flew to the ground in pain. His response: "Are you alright?" At my response of no he shrugged and walked away. I couldn't walk quite right for a week and it occasionally flares up even today.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Coltonio7

I cut my thumb open yesterday! =D

It makes it hard to play games! =D

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By dsplayer1010

I sprained my wrist in a car accident. But that story sucks, so I'll tell of my friends.

When he was in 1st (I think) grade, he was playing on the playground. He jumped off the gymnast bars and landed on a piece of wood that was sticking up. It went right through his foot. Many, many stitches. He still owns the blood stained sock that he wore that day.
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By godzilla_sushi

Oh man....geeze.

I have a few I'll share....

One of them was when I helped someone move. I was carrying a sheet of glass from a really big table that shattered on a sliding door frame. It went right into my wrist and cut through some veins and nerves. I don't have feeling in a few fingers now.

Another time, I had taken some medication and it really did a number on me. I woke up and barely remember anything. I went into the bathroom, and while I was standing there I just totally passed out. Next thing I remember sitting in my room with blood all over my hands. Basically I put a hole in the wall from my head and cut my eyebrow on the cabinet corner. I never felt anything before or after. Whatever I took just totally shut me down.

Also, earlier this year I was riding my dirtbike out in the desert alone. I took this corner very very fast. Two bad decisions. I rolled over the edge and onto about 20 yards of these red rocks. The bike just pushed the right side of my body into them. My shoulder, I think, was dislocated during this crash and went back in. I also had this puncture in my arm where a rock split it three different ways. I had marks and blood all over that side of my body. My shoulder is just now feeling better. Worst part was riding that bike home. Bars were bent and the whole engine was just carved from those rocks.

I also had pneumonia at some point and that did permanent damage in my chest. Which was probably worse then the other three stories just because that still hurts.

Never broke a bone though.....

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shocker

The worst I've had was a broken hand from baseball...

DarkShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarkShadow

I have a problem with banging into walls now. So far tonight I've hit my forehead twice by turning around and a few minutes ago I squat my foot in between a door and the floor and then I banged my head off a washer.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By godzilla_sushi
DarkShadow said:
"I have a problem with banging into walls now. So far tonight I've hit my forehead twice by turning around and a few minutes ago I squat my foot in between a door and the floor and then I banged my head off a washer."
Did you get any good laughs from the studio audience?

:P
DarkShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DarkShadow
Godzilla_Sushi said:
"DarkShadow said:
"I have a problem with banging into walls now. So far tonight I've hit my forehead twice by turning around and a few minutes ago I squat my foot in between a door and the floor and then I banged my head off a washer."
Did you get any good laughs from the studio audience?

:P"
Yeah my Dad had a fairly good laugh at me swearing when I couldn't get my foot out  =P
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Karmum

Getting a log thrown at my head 5-6 years ago. Wasn't that bad, have not broken a bone.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Snapped my collar bone clean in half and fractured my shoulder in a nasty four wheeler accident.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Gunner

Broke my middle finger. I totally forgot why it was broken though.

heavymtlhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By heavymtlhead

When I was 2 I was pretending to be Superman on Thanksgiving and I jumped off my couch and cracked my head on a table. My mom saw me and thought I had gotten red paint on my forehead until she realized it was blood. When I went to get stiches I was squirming so much they had to put me in a straight jacket. Then when I was 6, the night before Easter my parents went out and I ran to my bed in the dark and craked my head open again on my dresser. That's pretty much the extent of my injuries.
*5 seconds later*
FUCK! I STUBBED MY TOE!

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By erinfizz

Definitely tearing my ACL.  I was performing on stage and did a leap and came down on a straight leg which hyperextended. (i.e. I went forward, my knee went back). This snapped my ACL in two, which I had surgery to repair about 3 months later. It took over 2 years for my knee to have full range of motion back, and it still hurts if I am doing lots of lifting or running.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

erinfizz said:
"Definitely tearing my ACL.  I was performing on stage and did a leap and came down on a straight leg which hyperextended. (i.e. I went forward, my knee went back). This snapped my ACL in two, which I had surgery to repair about 3 months later. It took over 2 years for my knee to have full range of motion back, and it still hurts if I am doing lots of lifting or running."
That must have been fun.
The worst I had ever done was when I was going to Grade 4, that summer I was on bike and went down a steep hill, I hit something and I flipped over my handle bars, the handle bars somehow wrapped around my leg, I pulled and pulled and couldn`t get it out and when I finally did after a good 10 minutes of crying and bauling I walked home thinking my leg was fine until my grandma looked at it and noticed the right side of my leg had a nice gash right to the bone, and I had a fun time getting loads of stitches to patch that sucker up.
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Dude

I have broke my colar bone snowboarding and I Cut my hand abotu 2 1/2 inches long about 1/4 inch deep with a hooked razor at work, I have pics but I don't want squeemish people to see them lol.

The worst I know of though was my brother in law snapped his Achilles playing basketball a couple months ago (still recovering)

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Subway

Dislocated my left knee twice. First time I partly tore the ligament, but the swelling was too bad to see it in the X-ray.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By kmdrkul

17 stitches down the length of my forehead via falling onto the edge of a rocking chair at five years old.  Scar to prove it....

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CreamyGoodness

within 2 years i broke my anke 2 and dislocated it another 2 times. 

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CreamyGoodness
heavymtlhead said:
"When I was 2 I was pretending to be Superman on Thanksgiving and I jumped off my couch and cracked my head on a table. My mom saw me and thought I had gotten red paint on my forehead until she realized it was blood. When I went to get stiches I was squirming so much they had to put me in a straight jacket. Then when I was 6, the night before Easter my parents went out and I ran to my bed in the dark and craked my head open again on my dresser. That's pretty much the extent of my injuries.
*5 seconds later*
FUCK! I STUBBED MY TOE!"
make that a torn splein from laughing so hard... wow wtg
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BiggerBomb

I have three. When I was very little, around 4 or 5, I was running to my mom on a sidewalk (at my daycamp) and I tripped. I Cracked my knee open, but surprisingly I did not need stitches. Many years later, I was at my friends house jumping off the swingsets to see how far we could go. Well, let's just say I went a little too far. I flew until I was right over his brick padio and so to prevent myself from breaking my face in, I put out my arm and fractured my elbow.

Lastly, I have another injury that makes people cringe when I tell them. I was on vacation with my family somewhere in the Carribean, at the beach. I was in the water, "body serfing" (getting carried by the waves) when I came across a massive wave. When the wave came, it took complete control of me and sucked me under. My chin hit the bottom and......

*Cringes*

My two front teeth, with braces, went through my bottom lip. Meh, that memory is not a happy one! Makes a good story, though...! :O

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Snail

When I played Sonic the Hedgehog (new gen)... That knife was stuck in my chest for quite a while until someone told me suicide was stupid.

*(NOTE: This never really happened... shhh!)*

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HazBazz

Not the greatest injury, but a while ago I was kinda drunk and decided to see how dizzy i could get. Great idea right there. Fell over, faceplanted the floor and split my head just above my eye. Went to casualty but they just said it will heal on its own in time, so no biggie.

EDIT: Oh, and when i was about 1 my mum put me in one of those bouncy chair things. On the table. I bounced my way right off it and slammed into the floor. No lasting brain damage though.

DarkShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DarkShadow

Wow you guys had a lot of bad things happen to you... Especially this poor guy above me

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Snail
DarkShadow said:
"Wow you guys had a lot of bad things happen to you... Especially this poor guy above me"
Him or me? Cos you posted at the same time he did..

EDIT: You know, for a moment there, I thought you were this guy.
DarkShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DarkShadow

Oh I meant Snail for having to go through Sonic's torture.

And Dammit somebody already had this name....

BreatheEasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BreatheEasy

Easy...I broke my ankle this time last december and had to wait 2 or 3 days to have an operation to put 2 screws in there, that are still there. I didn't play football for 6 or 7 months, it fucking sucked.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Got run over, did something to my ankle.

heavymtlhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By heavymtlhead
CreamyGoodness said:
"heavymtlhead said:
"When I was 2 I was pretending to be Superman on Thanksgiving and I jumped off my couch and cracked my head on a table. My mom saw me and thought I had gotten red paint on my forehead until she realized it was blood. When I went to get stiches I was squirming so much they had to put me in a straight jacket. Then when I was 6, the night before Easter my parents went out and I ran to my bed in the dark and craked my head open again on my dresser. That's pretty much the extent of my injuries.
*5 seconds later*
FUCK! I STUBBED MY TOE!"
make that a torn splein from laughing so hard... wow wtg"

I think I've gotten better in thinking things through before doing stupid things.
turambar35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By turambar35

I messed up my right wrist pretty good from hockey five years ago. Long story short, it started out as a sprain that I played through, then slowly snowballed into severe tendonitis, torn ligaments, and shredded cartilage over a period of a year and a half because I didn't take enough time off to let it heal properly and kept on going back too early. I've got permanent cartilage damage now that puts me at risk of developing arthritis.

Avatar image for keanureevesmediocreactor
KeanuReevesMediocreActor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spill chemical in boot at work and it slowly start burning skin but I not relize.
Go to hospital and it simple case of running water over feet until danger level down on little changing color bar thing nurse have, I ok.
Try to sue but fail  because they give thing to cover boots.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
DarkShadow said:
"I'm in a bored mood right now so I thought I'd ask you guys what your worst injury is. Mine happened when I was around 4 and I climbed up on my banister and thought it would be fun to slide down. So I hit the knob at the end and crashed into the wall and smashed my nose up pretty good.

Expecting very interesting answers =P"

What a crazy coincidence. My answer is exactly the same except I was 25.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Claude

When I was 6, a dog bit my upper lip, 7 stiches on the outside and 4 inside, at least I had clean underwear at the ER... thanks mom.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Claude said:
"When I was 6, a dog bit my upper lip, 7 stiches on the outside and 4 inside, at least I had clean underwear at the ER... thanks mom."

Holy shit your Mother is an underwear doctor?
Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was breakdancing on the snow and i fell, it was icey.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#37  Edited By tearhead
KeanuReevesMediocreActor said:
"I spill chemical in boot at work and it slowly start burning skin but I not relize.
Go to hospital and it simple case of running water over feet until danger level down on little changing color bar thing nurse have, I ok.
Try to sue but fail  because they give thing to cover boots."
You sure some didn't get in your brain?

My worst injury is when I  jumped off my second story balcony and broke my ankle.  Why did I do it?  Well I was among friends who, at the time, we all thought it was a great idea... actually, it is still a great idea, we got it on camera and the hilarity greatly overcame the pain.  I was in great pain, but I was laughing too much on the video for anyone to notice.  (Some alcohol may have been added to the equation).

Every stupid idea seems like a great idea if your around the right friends.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38  Edited By Gunner

Oh i forgot the time when i fell on a pair of BBQ tongs when i was about 3-4. went straight through the side of my lip and i have a huge scar there now.

Avatar image for deactivated-6406b1cb85b6d
deactivated-6406b1cb85b6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This happened to me once.

Dam you Richter!
SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By SSbabel

Worst injury I've ever had ay, mmmmmmmmm, i split my forehead open on a metal rail that was pretty bloody.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#41  Edited By dsplayer1010
Snail said:
"When I played Sonic the Hedgehog (new gen)... That knife was stuck in my chest for quite a while until someone told me suicide was stupid.

*(NOTE: This never really happened... shhh!)*"
Sure it didn't
MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MisterSpiffy

I fractured one of my ribs in hockey once and I nearly punctured my lung.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#43  Edited By citizenkane

I haven't had many serious injuries in my life so far, but worst would be when I was 5 when I fell off a tree branch and hit my head on the concrete bird batch right below.  I had to get a dozen stitches in my head.