SaintLReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SaintLReviews
HandsomeDead said:
"I know there's been a million other threads on the film and as good as it is, every thread has pretty much consisted of nothing more than 'FUCK YEAR JOKER' and little else when the film really isn't that good. Great, yes, best film ever, definitely not. So instead i'm asking what was the worst/weakest part(s) of The Dark Knight and for me it's:

Batman's voice - OK, so I get that he couldn't be beating up criminals sounding like Gotham's most famous son but at the same time, does he have to sound like a really bad attempt at doing a Solid Snake impression? You'd think with all that money he has, he's get Lucius to invent him some kind of voice changer rather than use gravel mouthwash every morning.

The Ferries - For a film that was meant to be so dark, bleak and whatever, this was so idealistic that I felt it totally killed the Joker's final stand. Throughout the film, The Joker had been right about being ahead of the curve and how Batman has a misplaced sense of justice but then when he rigs the ferries to blow up, suddenly everyone gets a conscience. Now, I totally understand the theory behind it, but after everything else in the film, I was expecting it to go wrong rather than having Batman win again simply because it's his film.
"
anyone who had a problem with the voice should just stop watching films imo, after countless times explaining people still talk about it...just said. Like I said to someone else...if Fox made a device to change his voice...what would it sound like? A normal human? no thats not dark enough...Britney spears high pitched voice? absolutely not...it would sound like his voice does now...so what the hell would be the point of the device?

The ferries were essential to the story, yes the Joker was right at some points, like people would be willing to kill one to save a hospital, but when it came to killing many, to make a choice that big, no one was willing to do it. The film could not have ended it the Joker had won in that way, i mean then there would be no point in Batman trying to help Dents image on the city because if Batman knew that in the end the city had no morality, he wouldnt bother trying to save it anymore.
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By FragStains

I actually thought the ending with Two-Face and Gordon's family was pretty weak.  Combined with the ridiculous voice of Batman made it almost embarassing.  With the length of movie being so long, I wouldn't think it would be possible to make the ending seem rushed, but it did.  Almost had the feeling halfway through the scene that the director said, "We only have 3 minutes left to finish up this scene.  Action!"

Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Nik_NYG
Cleric said:
"

The little kids inside the car pretending to shoot  right before an explosion comes up. Not necessary at all, and annoying.

Other than that, I don't have any complaints.

"

This.
kajankua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By kajankua

i hated batmans voice, it was epic FAIL

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By Systech
Alexander said:
"Just the way the Joker manages to rig two ferries with a crap load of explosives and then an an entire crew and passengers get on them without noticing.
"
Yeah, that was odd.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Oriental_Jams

His voice, I understand its need to be gritty but come on.

SaintLReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SaintLReviews
systech said:
"Alexander said:
"Just the way the Joker manages to rig two ferries with a crap load of explosives and then an an entire crew and passengers get on them without noticing.
"
Yeah, that was odd.
"
the joker and mob had men everywhere.
Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By Knives

The worst part is that it ended, and we won't see Joker back in the next movie.