• 177 results
#1 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

#2 Edited by falserelic (5412 posts) -

This is just a curiosity question if anyone would actually meet someone they met on GB. Me personally I wouldn't actually want to meet up with someone on the internet in general. I'm not saying its a bad thing but it isn't for me.

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Already have. Bunch of people who live in the same country as me apparantly have Giant Bomb accounts. 
Then there are all these huge events (Anime Conventions and Gaming conventions and stuff like that) where I volunteer to help out and get paid in video games or free food. 
People have shown up in all kinds of members-only T-shirts and stuff like that and we've talked about all kinds of things and then hung out after the events to get drinks and stuff like that. 

#4 Posted by buft (3316 posts) -

yes, send me your details and i'll be right over :p

in all seriousness i would actually if i got along with them well enough but somewhere public so i don't get violated

#5 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

No.

#6 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

I had video chats with a PSN friend before. But he turned out to be a crazy mentally unstable person. Sense then I've always been skeptical about video chatting, or meeting someone I've met on the internet.

#7 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (884 posts) -

Why not? I don't feel I have spoken with enough people here to really know them though, save for one or two people. I am more of a forum lurker than a forum poster. But if it was someone I got to know, it would be neat to meet up. Unlikely though, as I live in Norway, and most of the members are from far away lands.

#8 Posted by artofwar420 (6286 posts) -

A lot have in various conventions. Why not.

#9 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

You guys are all hot chicks, right?

#10 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

I don't know if I'd rather meet a guy I've known for several years through the Internet or someone who I just kinda, sort of know. With the former, I've created an image in my brain of how that person is in person so maybe meeting him or her would ruin that, or maybe it would just make it even better, who knows? I don't know, it's a tough question.

#11 Posted by GunstarRed (5120 posts) -

Only to stab them.

#12 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

Only to stab them.

#13 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I want to meet Vinny. I find him funny as hell. 

#14 Posted by Nominal (4 posts) -

I've meet some duders at the MLG events. They were all very nice people.

#15 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

I'd love to meet the staff, but I don't know about the users. I haven't created a high enough social link for me to trust anyone on here. Sorry, Senpai. :/

#16 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

I think the OP is talking about other users.

#17 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

I think the OP is talking about other users.

Vinny is a "User" 
#18 Posted by Turambar (6739 posts) -

Internet people are people in real life as well. Why wouldn't I want to meet someone I got along with?

#19 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I would love too, but I fear if they know I'm Hizang they would kill me.

But if I was to go to a Video game convention I would totally rep a Giant Bomb T-Shirt.

#20 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

I met a bunch of the mods and other Giant Bomb users at PAX East (also met the staff as well). It was pretty awesome.

#21 Posted by lightsoda (540 posts) -

Are you all scared of people? Sure I would.

#22 Posted by Navyseils (164 posts) -

Sure, why not? I think online message boards are a perfectly viable way to make friends. Meeting is fine so long as you're careful about it.

I'vebecame pretty good friends with people from other sites and in the years since we've met, shared hotels at conventions, visited each others homes... its been good. only one person turned out to be a bit of a weirdo, and you get weirdos "IRL" too.

#23 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@billyhoush said:

Ready to bone

#24 Posted by AlisterCat (5536 posts) -

I've met at least 3 duders from the website, including the illustrious Matt. All in Brighton so far.

#25 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

@billyhoush said:

OF COURSE! IT IS WHY I AM HERE ALL THE TIME. for the chicks. ;D

#26 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

I've ran into a duder or two before because of shirts I was wearing. Shout out to peeps in Newcastle and/or York!

#27 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4398 posts) -

Definitely. If i got along with them, I don't see why not. Besides, more friends never killed anyone...cept for that guy who was killed by his friends

#28 Posted by SpydrMrphy (88 posts) -

@billyhoush said:

If by that you mean that we are all baby chickens who are unnaturally warm, then yes.. yes we are all "Hot Chicks"

#29 Posted by Pezen (1594 posts) -

Sure, if I knew them on some level. Would not be the first time I made real life friends online. Have yet to "sport my colors" here in Sweden so no idea if I've passed anyone while out and about, though doubt that.

#30 Posted by NTM (7342 posts) -

If you're asking if I'd like to actively search out people that I've talked to on here and make friends with them, then no, I wouldn't. I don't have that kind of relationship with people on here. If I happened to meet someone in reality that uses the site, then that'd be kind of cool I guess.

#31 Posted by StarvingGamer (8152 posts) -

Yep, why not? Always good to have more gaming friends.

#32 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I have, if you consider a friend of mine signing up to GB after I met him that is.

#33 Posted by Revan_NL (336 posts) -

Sure, why not? Although I highly doubt there are a lot of GB users from the Netherlands living near Rotterdam

#34 Posted by Daneian (1228 posts) -

I would meet up with a group at a convention, but probably not anything one on one.

Speaking of which, is there gonna be a meet up at PAX?

#35 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Hell no. What exactly would result of it? None of us would speak each other's languages, so we'd all be well boned.

#36 Posted by Jay_Ray (1079 posts) -

Sure, why not.

#37 Edited by Fattony12000 (7304 posts) -

I WANNA WEAR YOUR SKIN VIDEO GAME KING.

Yes, yes I would. But no one would want to meet me. Plus, we've got fuck all events/conventions/cool things over here in my part of Engerlande.

#38 Posted by Hailinel (24418 posts) -

Where's the "I already have" option? I've met a number of Giant Bomb users at PAX.

#39 Posted by ShaggE (6422 posts) -

Sure, I've watched enough of you folks to know you're good people. You really should close your curtains, though, or at least turn around more often.

#40 Posted by Grillbar (1814 posts) -

@Canteu said:

No.

come on i wanna meet you in person. im getting sick and tired of looking though your windows

#41 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Where's the "I already have" option? I've met a number of Giant Bomb users at PAX.

I forgot to add that option. Forgive my falseways, but me I'm not really a social person. Sure on giantbomb I'll chat for fun or to kill time. But in reality I really lack social skills.

#42 Posted by Seastalk (123 posts) -

I thought all of the people on here were replicants and/or zombie cyborgs. My mistake?

#43 Posted by Flawed_System (388 posts) -

No. I don't give my information out to anyone.

#44 Posted by pyromagnestir (4299 posts) -

Read my about me. My answer is there.

#45 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

of course! I know a couple of folks are here in chicago, we should arrange a meetup!

#46 Posted by LikeaSsur (1513 posts) -

Whether I meet them in person or on Giant Bomb, if I get along with someone, why not hang out with them?

#47 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Only if theyre really young.

#48 Posted by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -

I've met Giant Bomb members at PAX East. Its easy to spot them when they wear a giantbomb t-shirt. All of them were friendly, easy going duders. But really everyone as PAX is like that.

#49 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

Read my about me. My answer is there.

Yeah I read your mini bio LOL!

#50 Posted by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

Not against irl meetings, really.

Would have to be someone I chatted with quite a bit and felt comfortable meeting with in the first place, obviously.