Would you judge someone who has taken steroids or synthol ?

• 87 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By falserelic

Poll Would you judge someone who has taken steroids or synthol ? (275 votes)

Yeah - People that take those drugs gets no respect from me. 35%
No - its not my right to judge them. 26%
Maybe - Depends on why that person decided to take steroids or synthol . 39%

(I had to redo this thread sense people got gross out by the vid, and I couldn't edit my post)

So I was watching a few vids on youtube about steroid and synthol usage. In all of them there's always people arguing with each other. They're some people that shows strong resentment of steroid and synthol users, and others that don't feel the same way. Me personally I don't like judging people in general that's not me. If a person took steroids or synthol to reach there fitness goals its there business.

I'm not going to discredit that person in anyway. Even if someone took steroids you still got to eat right and workout. Synthol might be a different story, but still its there business. Now I do feel that eventually taking those drugs will have side effects, and in the long run it could slowly destroy your body.

• 
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

No. It's not my place to judge anyone.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Yes. Also people with cosmetic surgery or other extensive body mods. Just a learned response on my part. They are usually not people I want to be around.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@tourgen said:

Yes. Also people with cosmetic surgery or other extensive body mods. Just a learned response on my part. They are usually not people I want to be around.

Would you judge people who get braces to straighten their crooked teeth? If not, why do you judge those who get nose jobs etc?

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Damaging your body for a result gets a little bit of respect because it shows extreme dedication. It destroys your kidneys among other things and renal failure is a hard way to go out. Overall I feel sad for people who go that far.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CaLe

I have judged and to some extent still do judge people for the decisions they make in life, but I'm also keenly aware of the poor decisions I myself have made. I'm at a point where judging others has become tiresome as it ultimately ends up reminding me of my own faults. I would like to be someone who can justly judge others without remorse. There are so many people repeatedly making bad decisions every single day, and no one is above being judged by others for the decisions they make in lifeーit's all relative. Oh, steroids? That's cheating! Come on now!

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jasonr86 said:

No. It's not my place to judge anyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

In professional sports that outlaw them, sure. I'd also look down on the George Bretts of the world with their pine tar bats, and Garth Snow with his illegal goalie pads.

In life and areas where they're not outlawed... I dunno, I suppose not? So I've been watching all the old WWF wrestling pay-per-views from the 80s and 90s, I'm up to Wrestlemania 95 now. So I see a ton of Vince McMahon's roid monkeys gallivanting around my television screen... I don't dislike them because they 'cheated' to get huge, I dislike them because _they can't fucking work at all_. The roids and the huge muscles look great, but the only guys who kept any sort of athleticism after getting huge were Savage and Steamboat. Then you got guys like the Warrior who can't do three fucking moves without being totally gassed because he's just muscles and dumb promos.

So not morally opposed, but fuck dude. Fucking Warrior.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In professional sports that outlaw them, sure. I'd also look down on the George Bretts of the world with their pine tar bats, and Garth Snow with his illegal goalie pads.

In life and areas where they're not outlawed... I dunno, I suppose not? So I've been watching all the old WWF wrestling pay-per-views from the 80s and 90s, I'm up to Wrestlemania 95 now. So I see a ton of Vince McMahon's roid monkeys gallivanting around my television screen... I don't dislike them because they 'cheated' to get huge, I dislike them because _they can't fucking work at all_. The roids and the huge muscles look great, but the only guys who kept any sort of athleticism after getting huge were Savage and Steamboat. Then you got guys like the Warrior who can't do three fucking moves without being totally gassed because he's just muscles and dumb promos.

So not morally opposed, but fuck dude. Fucking Warrior.

LOL! I remember watching stuff about steroids in the wrestling industry, and hearing stories about wrestler's having roid rage such as Chris Benoit.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourgen said:

Would you judge people who get braces to straighten their crooked teeth? If not, why do you judge those who get nose jobs etc?

If your teeth are crooked enough it can actually be detrimental to your dental health. In that case I have nothing against braces. I only have slightly crooked teeth. I would consider someone to be rather vain if they were getting braces in a situation like mine. I feel the same about nose jobs. But again, if you have a deviated septum, by all means, get that fixed.

I'm actually somewhat more tolerant of steroids than cosmetic surgery, though they'd better know what they're doing or have professional supervision if they're going to screw with their body chemistry like that. Only if they aren't doing it to get ahead in some sort of competition, though. I guess something about it seems marginally more natural than a nose job or a face lift. Body builders aren't getting muscles surgically grafted on, you know? I'm sure plenty of actors have to go on a steroid regimen to bulk up for roles, and I don't fault them for that.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

So many guys that went to my high school did steroids and I had no idea at the time.

It's real funny running into them now and seeing them off of it.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrawnto said:

@lobster_ear said:

@tourgen said:

If your teeth are crooked enough it can actually be detrimental to your dental health. In that case I have nothing against braces. I only have slightly crooked teeth. I would consider someone to be rather vain if they were getting braces in a situation like mine. I feel the same about nose jobs. But again, if you have a deviated septum, by all means, get that fixed.

I'm actually somewhat more tolerant of steroids than cosmetic surgery, though they'd better know what they're doing or have professional supervision if they're going to screw with their body chemistry like that. Only if they aren't doing it to get ahead in some sort of competition, though. I guess something about it seems marginally more natural than a nose job or a face lift. Body builders aren't getting muscles surgically grafted on, you know? I'm sure plenty of actors have to go on a steroid regimen to bulk up for roles, and I don't fault them for that.

So only for health reasons should anybody do anything? What's wrong with simply wanting to improve your looks and confidence?

Where does it end? Should people not whiten their teeth? Comb their hair? Take showers? Unless, of course, it's detrimental to their health somehow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Benoit had the classic threefold of problems; steroid abuse, PAINKILLER ABUSE (this is the real bad one), and endless concussions with no medical oversight. If it were merely just roids he'd probably still be alive like his hero, the Dynamite Kid, and probably be in the same shape as him; confined to a wheelchair, back and neck completely fucked from doing the diving headbutt 27 nights a month, with the telltale heart problems all the roid monkeys suffer. Dynamite Kid in case you don't know was a tag partner of Davey Boy Smith, the British Bulldog, and they were both these huge bastards and surprise surprise, Bulldog's heart exploded before he got near 50.

I would still rank painkiller abuse as the most serious problem affecting wrestlers. Because a certain portion abuses the roids and a certain portion don't get their concussions diagnosed, but nearly all of them are fucked on torvadol and everything else just to perform most nights.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they are using them while they play professional sports then they are obviously a dirtbag to be avoided. Away from that I guess I would view them somewhere on the scale of chain smokers or really heavy drinkers, it's their choice and they could be completely fine, but they are still engaging in activities that are potentially very damaging to their health. I guess they can do as they like, I don't exactly live a perfectly healthy lifestyle; but in person it would probably on some level colour my perception of them.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my good friends juiced to get to where he was with his body and even now shows no regrets. He has developed heart problems, a compromised immune system and developed diabetes but he was so concerned about being overweight that he doesn't care. He's even try to subtly nudge me in that direction by saying taking a little does nothing. I've recently started working out but taking that stuff, even legal supplements, just doesn't feel right to me. Even if it takes me longer I want to know I got to where I want to be on my own but if you want to choose a good outward appearance in exchange for completely fucked up insides more power to you. Who am I to stop you.

memetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No more than I would judge someone who uses alcohol to have a good time.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Scrawnto

@scrawnto said:

@lobster_ear said:

@tourgen said:

So only for health reasons should anybody do anything? What's wrong with simply wanting to improve your looks and confidence?

Where does it end? Should people not whiten their teeth? Comb their hair? Take showers? Unless, of course, it's detrimental to their health somehow.

You don't have to go under the fuckin' knife to get your hair in order. That's absurd. There are pretty obvious differences between basic hygiene and voluntary, unnecessary medical procedures, and there's a difference between having some self-respect, and being self-obsessed.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who the fuck am I to say who puts what into their own damn body?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my good friends juiced to get to where he was with his body and even now shows no regrets. He has developed heart problems, a compromised immune system and developed diabetes but he was so concerned about being overweight that he doesn't care. He's even try to subtly nudge me in that direction by saying taking a little does nothing. I've recently started working out but taking that stuff, even legal supplements, just doesn't feel right to me. Even if it takes me longer I want to know I got to where I want to be on my own but if you want to choose a good outward appearance in exchange for completely fucked up insides more power to you. Who am I to stop you.

I'm one for being natural aswell. For me I don't see any reason to resort to steroids. Besides I can't see myself injecting different types of drugs into my systems, and doing all this other stuff just to have a nice physique. Within a few years time I can get a great physique and feel proud about myself. Hell when I was obese I never thought about having surgery, or taking steroids.

When I lost over 100 pounds on my own I felt great, and now sense I'm back at lifting weights. I'm going to build up more muscle and make all kindzzz of gains, all kindzzz....

Turkalurch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I don't care if you stick heroin needles in your eyes. As long as you don't hurt anyone in the process, do whatever you want to yourself.

As far as judging goes, I might question why you would inject oil into your muscles since the results are an unattractive puffy rounded muscle rather than a defined muscle. I wouldn't dare try synthol. I suppose I wouldn't dare try steroids either (unless a doctor prescribed them to me), but I would take steroids and get real muscular/strength results over synthetically pumping my body full of oil to make them look bigger any day. Just my two cents.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ProfessorEss

Nope. I smoke and drink. Just don't be a dick about it and I'll do my best too.

I don't understand the psyche of a bulk-seeker (I'm more of a functional strength guy) but if it gives them a sense of satisfaction and happiness then I say bulk-up big-boy!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trilogy said:

I don't care if you stick heroin needles in your eyes. As long as you don't hurt anyone in the process, do whatever you want to yourself.

As far as judging goes, I might question why you would inject oil into your muscles since the results are an unattractive puffy rounded muscle rather than a defined muscle. I wouldn't dare try synthol. I suppose I wouldn't dare try steroids either (unless a doctor prescribed them to me), but I would take steroids and get real muscular/strength results over synthetically pumping my body full of oil to make them look bigger any day. Just my two cents.

You know I've never understood why people would use synthol either. It could work depending on how its use, but for most part you'll run the risk of looking like a balloon.

Loading Video...

Just look at this guy for example. He can barely curl with his inflated muscles. Hell his physique just looks ridicules.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By bacongames

I read that as "synthehol" and got excited for a second.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By ChrisTaran

Unfortunately you don't have "No - but it's entirely my right to judge them" as an option, so I went with Maybe as a happy middle ground.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am always not sure how you native english speakers actually use the word "judge". Of course, I judge them. They are fucking retards. I am a biochemist, and I do not put any chemicals in my body unless I absolutely have to (medicine and food). If you people would know how little we know how all those fancy chemicals interact with our bodies you all would be running screaming from a coloured gum. Thankfully human bodies seem to be surprisingly resilient, compared to E.coli.

Then again, I think most people (including me) do mostly stupid thing, most of the time - as long they do not harm anyone, what gives.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like if its banned in a sports thing, sure, don't fucking do it. If its just for you and your personal goals, go right ahead, if you're responsible about it.

I judge people harsher if they smoke or drink than if they take steroids, they don't personally affect me the way second hand smoke or the stink of booze/dealing with drunks can.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

'Judge not lest ye be judged' is a hell of a saying you guys.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took steroids a couple years ago. They made me work out harder and I got leaner. Nobody ever would have known I was on them, except I told absolutely everyone just because it winds people up.

Personally I don't think doing them all the time is a good idea, and the point of looking great or looking ridiculous is a line most steroid users cross. At which point I judge them haha

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have friends that have taken steroids and I've never judged them about it, so no.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't care

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SargeGulp

@jasonr86: You're being way too Judgmental.

Personally I'd support steroid use if it were for medical reasons. Or just because as you get older natural production dries up, in this sense I'd call it supplementation. Ultimately it's your body though, ride it how you want.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't take any unless it was for medical/health reasons but I can't judge others for taking it. We all do stupid shit to ourselves, we bear the consequences of those actions sooner or later.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I will probably think "man you look like a dumbass" but I'm with @trilogy, as long as you aren't hurting anyone else.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been bodybuilding for 20 years now without touching the stuff myself. But I know alot of people, both males and females that has and does use them. I dont judge people for what they choose to do with their body, but i dont condone (is that how you spell it?) it. Im one of those people that most bodybuilders get irritated at when they ask for my opnion. I put it in the same category as smoking, alcohol and drugs. I dont see any reason for putting any of that in my body because all of them have harmfull side effects when done wrong.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tourgen

@lobster_ear: Well no, people with braces seem alright. It's not surgery though so I'm wondering why you brought it up, other than as a strawman

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think dudes who are 'roided up look silly, and usually aren't the kind of people I want to hang out with, but do I give a fuck? Not really.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Brendan

@tourgen: he's pointing out that while you have a pretty clear moral compass for far left and right examples, you probably don't have a clear line in the middle in terms of what you think is okay and what isn't, therefore you don't have a strong base to judge people by.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think dudes who are 'roided up look silly, and usually aren't the kind of people I want to hang out with, but do I give a fuck? Not really.

Cows that had steroids put in them look silly aswell. These cows made all kinds of gains, even though they don't know it.

Loading Video...

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't care if people decide to pump their body full of shit. Their body, their responsibility, though I wouldn't do it myself. That being said, if using steroids (or any performance-enhancing drug) gives you an unfair advantage over others in a competition... fuck you.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By falserelic

(I could be wrong)

But I believe taking steroids for pro-bodybuilding is a must. To be a pro-bodybuilder you need to have a certain amount of mass and size, and there's no way of getting that type of huge mass naturally.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jsnyder82

No, because otherwise you'd be kind of a dick. Especially since there are different reasons one would take steroids.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic said:

(I could be wrong)

But I believe taking steroids for pro-bodybuilding is a must. To be a pro-bodybuilder you need to have a certain amount of mass and size, and there's no way of getting that type of huge mass naturally.

You're not wrong. It's all hidden away because it has to be but it's naive to think you can get to crazy competition size without them. In Britain some general practitioners will monitor and administer steroids to you if you convince them you're going to take them anyway.

One of the first signs of abuse are the 'tiger claw' marks you get at the side of your pecs, stretch marks because of the huge amount of growth. Ever wonder why the Gladiator men wear those skimpy tops? It's to hide the scars. Another problem is injury due to muscle strength developing faster than tendon strength so you can get detached or torn ligaments. One of the most successful bodybuilders in my country once said you didn't really need to do that much training at all once you were on the roids, and it was all about diet. "You dont' see cows pumping iron much, do you?" he said, which still makes me laugh.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think using steroids sort of misses the point of what you're trying to accomplish, but what right do I have to judge anyone for how they spend their time or what they do with their life, really.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By falserelic

@falserelic said:

(I could be wrong)

You're not wrong. It's all hidden away because it has to be but it's naive to think you can get to crazy competition size without them. In Britain some general practitioners will monitor and administer steroids to you if you convince them you're going to take them anyway.

One of the first signs of abuse are the 'tiger claw' marks you get at the side of your pecs, stretch marks because of the huge amount of growth. Ever wonder why the Gladiator men wear those skimpy tops? It's to hide the scars. Another problem is injury due to muscle strength developing faster than tendon strength so you can get detached or torn ligaments. One of the most successful bodybuilders in my country once said you didn't really need to do that much training at all once you were on the roids, and it was all about diet. "You dont' see cows pumping iron much, do you?" he said, which still makes me laugh.

I just heard about that recently. If a guy is on steroids he doesn't have to train as hard. I heard if people train hard once a week they can still build muscle, if there using steroids.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lobster_Ear

@scrawnto said:

@lobster_ear said:

@scrawnto said:

@lobster_ear said:

@tourgen said:

You don't have to go under the fuckin' knife to get your hair in order. That's absurd. There are pretty obvious differences between basic hygiene and voluntary, unnecessary medical procedures, and there's a difference between having some self-respect, and being self-obsessed.

Why does the extremity matter? It's still all about looking better. If someone wants to get a nose job to help boost their confidence and improve their quality of life then who am I to judge?

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tiny balls.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By medacris

Depends on why they're taking them. There's a stress-related disorder where one of the side effects is hair loss, and steroids are prescribed to allow the hair to grow back. I don't see anything wrong with it, in that case.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'all know pretty much every guy that has to be bulked up in hollywood is on them right? The Rock, Tom Hardy, Christian Bale, Mark Wahlberg, Hugh Jackman to name a few that are in very recent movies. They just do short cycles under close supervision no doubt and suffer almost no side effects long term. You'll notice that long and short term health risks come from steroid abuse in most cases.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who the fuck am I to say who puts what into their own damn body?

Exactly. Unless you are using them to gain an advantage in a competitive sport, I don't care, honestly it's your body do whatever you want to.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could not give a shit. Your body, you put what you want in it.

If you use drugs to cheat at sports then I won't respect you as an athlete.