Would you live in a house, where people have died?

• 56 results
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo

I was speaking with a friend the night before, and eventually we got on to the subject of ghosts/spirits. We began sharing theories on if there truely are beings whos souls are still upon the Earth and that if we would be able to actually encounter them. I'm not too sure whether ghosts/spirits truely exist, but I'm open to theories.

Eventually, we began to talk about haunted houses. I then asked him the same question I am asking you, "Would you live in a house, where people have died?" He said that he wouldn't, as he has no doubt that ghosts/spirits exist. I myself, would probably not live in a house where people have died either. There's just a thought in the back of my mind saying "What if?", what if I did see a ghost/spirit in the house I was living in? What would I do?

So there's the question guys, share your thoughts and answers.

Edit: Re-pharising of thoughts.
*I myself, would probably live in a house if someone had died of natural causes, however if it were a murder case or something similar I would think twice about buying the house.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Suicrat

The bedroom in which I slept from 1993-1999 (From age 7.5 to 14) was the room in which the previous owner of the house died. On June 4 1994, it got struck by lightning, but I continued to sleep in it for the next 5 years

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

It'd depend on how they died and what kind of person they were I guess. I don't believe in spirits, I've just seen way too many movies.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I live in a house where someone has died 

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Player1

I don't believe in ghost. I think the whole idea of dead people "haunting" you for no reason is absolutely ridiculous. 

So yes I would. It may just be weird at first to think about it, but it wouldn't bother me one bit. 
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By flaminghobo
@Everyones_A_Critic: If it was old age or something similar I may actually end up buying the house, but if it was a murder for example I would definately be against buying it.
Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Aljosa15

Probably not. Just knowing that someone died in the exact same house as me is enough too not want to live there. I don't believe in ghosts though, it's just...yeah.

crunchmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By crunchmonkey

If a thousand babies where slaughtered in a house I wouldn't care as long as it's a nice home.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But finding a house where nobody's has died would be pretty hard, people dont die from old age in the middle of the street

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@FlamingHobo said:
" I was speaking with a friend the night before, and eventually we got on to the subject of ghosts/spirits. We began sharing theories on if there truely are beings whos souls are still upon the Earth and that if we would be able to actually encounter them. I'm not too sure whether ghosts/spirits truely exist, but I'm open to theories.

Eventually, we began to talk about haunted houses. I then asked him the same question I am asking you, "Would you live in a house, where people have died?" He said that he wouldn't, as he has no doubt that ghosts/spirits exist. I myself, would probably not live in a house where people have died either. There's just a thought in the back of my mind saying "What if?", what if I did see a ghost/spirit in the house I was living in? What would I do?

"
Do you refuse to go to hospitals?
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By mracoon

People die in their houses all the time, not from murders or killings but through heart attacks and other things like that. So a lot of people are probably living in house where somebodies died already and I wouldn't really mind myself.

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cc23574

Many people have died in the houses were we live, we just dont know it yet.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By flaminghobo
@JeffGoldblum said:
"
@FlamingHobo said:
" I was speaking with a friend the night before, and eventually we got on to the subject of ghosts/spirits. We began sharing theories on if there truely are beings whos souls are still upon the Earth and that if we would be able to actually encounter them. I'm not too sure whether ghosts/spirits truely exist, but I'm open to theories.

"
Do you refuse to go to hospitals? "
No, but that's a very good point you made there sir. I applaud you.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By penguindust

Depends on if they are still there...also, how much are you asking for the house?  Does it have sewer or a well?  How old is the house?  How close is it to shopping and schools?  Is it in a flood zone?  How many beds/baths?  What's the wiring like?  Is the plumbing copper?  Does it have a history of termite infestation?  How many cars can fit into the garage?  What did you pay last year in property taxes?  What's the house assessed at?

In other words, it makes no difference if someone died there or how they died.  What matters is what is real, not ghosts and other touchy-feely stuff.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cspiffo

Uh?  Yes I would.  What kind of superstitious nonsense are you supporting here?

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolverine

@cspiffo said:
"Uh?  Yes I would.  What kind of superstitious nonsense are you supporting here?"

Agreed. It isn't like you have sort of Six Sense type of ability. Plus I don't really believe in ghosts.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cspiffo said:
"Uh?  Yes I would.  What kind of superstitious nonsense are you supporting here?"
It's not really that, it's more or less a fear instilled into us from when everyone was a kid. From horror novels, books, tv shows, movies, urban myth, that old house in your old neighborhood, etc. Some of those stupid little phobias stick around to some of us when we're older, and show themselves when a situation like this comes up. It's the fact that you know nothing is going to come of it, but no matter how sure you are the little "what if?" notion in the back of your mind is always there, challenging you to open that door, to go down that cellar stairway, or to look under that bed. Not to insult the maturity of the entire GB community, I'm just saying it as sort of an "inner child" thing.

.....Yeah, looking back on that that whole spiel made no sense at all. I'm gunna keep it though.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I used to live in a house where people had died. It was fine.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cspiffo
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
"
@cspiffo said:
It's not really that, it's more or less a fear instilled into us from when everyone was a kid. From horror novels, books, tv shows, movies, urban myth, that old house in your old neighborhood, etc. Some of those stupid little phobias stick around to some of us when we're older, and show themselves when a situation like this comes up. It's the fact that you know nothing is going to come of it, but no matter how sure you are the little "what if?" notion in the back of your mind is always there, challenging you to open that door, to go down that cellar stairway, or to look under that bed. Not to insult the maturity of the entire GB community, I'm just saying it as sort of an "inner child" thing......Yeah, looking back on that that whole spiel made no sense at all. I'm gunna keep it though. "
I killed my inner child along time ago...It was a sad day.  I think he haunts the attic now :)
torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By torus

I'm always amazed at how many people believe in ghosts/spirits. I thought people stopped believing in fairly tales when they stopped being little kids.

Of course I would live in a house where people have died. I would live right on top of a graveyard. As long as there is no smell, etc, I don't care.
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cspiffo
@torus: Just stay away from those indian burial grounds!  Bad mojo!!! LOL!
Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Expletive

hellz yeah. then i could have some awesome haunted fun

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Diamond

Who says all ghosts are evil anyways?  Maybe Casper would tell you where his billions of dollars are stored.  Maybe you'd get a hot teenage slutty girl ghost.  The possibilities are endless.

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Expletive
@Diamond:
haha
NintenDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NintenDood

Ok, I've got a story about my relative's house, where me and my brother stayed before. My relative was talking to her landlord, asking about the house, and the landlord begins to talk about the previous owner, and what happened to her. One night she had a heart attack, and went toward the phone, but fell down (The phone was mounted on the wall). As she tried to get to the phone, she left scratch marks on the wall below it, and eventually died. Now, sometimes my relative says she hears scratches in the hallway, and near the phone at night. My brother even said he heard them too, so yeah, that's pretty creepy xD. Oh, and yeah, I'd live in a house where a person died. It doesn't creep me out too much.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HairyMike87

As long as the body isn't in the house somewhere.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cspiffo
@NintenDood said:
" Ok, I've got a story about my relative's house, where me and my brother stayed before. My relative was talking to her landlord, asking about the house, and the landlord begins to talk about the previous owner, and what happened to her. One night she had a heart attack, and went toward the phone, but fell down (The phone was mounted on the wall). As she tried to get to the phone, she left scratch marks on the wall below it, and eventually died. Now, sometimes my relative says she hears scratches in the hallway, and near the phone at night. My brother even said he heard them too, so yeah, that's pretty creepy xD. "
One could only wonder whether they could hear the scratches had they not known about that.
NintenDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NintenDood
@cspiffo said:
"
@NintenDood said:
" Ok, I've got a story about my relative's house, where me and my brother stayed before. My relative was talking to her landlord, asking about the house, and the landlord begins to talk about the previous owner, and what happened to her. One night she had a heart attack, and went toward the phone, but fell down (The phone was mounted on the wall). As she tried to get to the phone, she left scratch marks on the wall below it, and eventually died. Now, sometimes my relative says she hears scratches in the hallway, and near the phone at night. My brother even said he heard them too, so yeah, that's pretty creepy xD. "
One could only wonder whether they could hear the scratches had they not known about that. "
Yeah, they could be imagining things, but you gotta admit, that's a creepy story. Oh, and they covered up the scratch marks with paint after the landlord bought the house.
Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Log

As long as the bodies were gone....

EDIT: dammit I didnt see HairyMike's comment

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mikevanpwn

Well here is the thing, how far back can this go?  Like where my house is, there used to be a nearby settlement for Native Americans.  I think its hard to avoid going somewhere where people haven't died, I mean people have been around for milleniums. 

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Black_Rose

Yes, I don't believe in ghosts/spirits.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By RHCPfan24

I don't care, honestly. If it is a nice home, I am sure I can deal with any troubled past. I don't really believe in ghosts or apparitions in the first place, so no worries.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By weltal

Does the price on the house go down if I remove the bodies myself?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Azteck

No one has died in my house.. in fact, no one has lived in my house before me. :o

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By fr0br0

Yep. Dead people usually make the pricing cheaper...

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CactusWolf

Couple of family members that've lived here over the years died in here.
One in the living room, one in my bedroom.

So I guess that's a "yeah" I'd live there.

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Demonstride

Ever since we built my house on this Indian burial ground bad things have been happening... Lol. No i probably wouldn't live in one that would be in my head too much plus I'm scared easily by the thought of ghosts... but i do kinda think my house is haunted.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KaosAngel

Already do.  Some dude killed himself in my apartment before me.  It's why I got it for cheap.  :D

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Demonstride
@KaosAngel said:
" Already do.  Some dude killed himself in my apartment before me.  It's why I got it for cheap.  :D "
That suicide part is kinda sad...
Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Psyx2

I have no doubt ghosts exist, but I don't see why people would be afraid of them.

I'd love to live in a haunted house, but I guess it would depend on how exactly they died. If it was an extremely brutal and sad thing that I might be disturbed by then I'd probably reconsider, but if it's not extremely disturbing then I'm fine with it.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ArchScabby

Died might be okay, but never if someone was murdered. Especially if the murderer was still on the loose, cuz I'm pretty sure ghosts hate that.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#42  Edited By JJWeatherman

I currently live in a house where someone died. I think there was some confusion as to how it happened too. A little creepy.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ArchScabby
@JJWeatherman said:
" I currently live in a house where someone died. I think there was some confusion as to how it happened too. A little creepy. "
You better check under the floorboards.
Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By Colin

I'm living in a house where someone died, doesn't bother me at all.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#45  Edited By JJWeatherman
@ArchScabby said:
"
@JJWeatherman said:
" I currently live in a house where someone died. I think there was some confusion as to how it happened too. A little creepy. "
You better check under the floorboards. "
We actually just ripped up the floorboards in order to put some new wood flooring in so I hope zombies don't start jumping out.  :P
skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By skywing

I live in a house where the old tennant died, he died in the back yard of a heart attack.

Its part of life.  I stepped on a snail yesterday in front of my house, I slept fine.  And I will continue to do so.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By Hamst3r

Only if the people that died were extremely hot cheerleaders, slaughtered while having a sex party, becoming forever stuck in a state of limbo, where they would have sex with anyone who slept in the haunted orgy room.  That would be my room.

Really though, I probably wouldn't even bother asking. I'd rather not know. if I knew, I'd just think about it all the time.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Optiow

I don't see why not...provided their are no things left behind, eg bloodstains.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GreggD

My grandfather died here. My bird and dog died here. Yeah, if this house was haunted, I'd know about it by now.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I think I'd pay more for a house if a bunch of people were killed there.