Would you live in a murder house/apartment?

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you live in a murder house/apartment? (238 votes)

Yes. 66%
No. 21%
I already do. 5%
I live outside. The ultimate murder house. 8%

An apartment, condo or house where several people have been brutally murdered. Assuming of course that you get a decent discount and that the murderer has been caught. The apartment itself and the surrounding neighborhood is safe.

• 
meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By meptron

I'm in a murder house right now. It's your house. And I'm standing right behind you.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By FacelessVixen

I actually live in a house where the previous owner committed suicide in the guest bathroom.

So, seeing as how I already live in a suicide house, and I'm kinda one of those "can't spell slaughter without laughter" people deep down inside, it would actually be a little intriguing.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sure, it'd look suspicious if I just up and left now.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Only if I could do the murdering, otherwise it would forever take away from the feeling that it's truly mine.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Assuming it's been cleaned and there's no decapitated shit laying around, fuck yes I would.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

It would have to be more than a decent discount on a single family house.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e83e1ada625d
deactivated-5e83e1ada625d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is it the house that is doing the murdering?

I feel like this is an important question

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's all safe now and there's no lingering smell or anything like that then absolutely. If it's at a discounted price especially so. It's just a place.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, as for my current apartment, i wouldn't know.

That said, i wouldn't want to live in a house where a famous murder/suicide happened or where a serial killer lived or something, seeing that i may have to deal with weird tourism about it or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Sure. It's just wood and stucco.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've killed so many spiders. Does that count?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BabyChooChoo

If the people in question were murdered because of bad luck and/or poor life choices, then sure, why not? If the people in question were murdered because the area the house is in is sketchy and other people were also murdered nearby, then no.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah sure. As long as it isn't some high profile location where people will intermittently come by to ask to come inside and pay respects or something.

Ibarguengoytia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already live in a murder Country, does it count?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I mean I've no way of knowing if I'm already living or have lived in a murder house. I've certainly lived in houses where people have died.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm poor enough that I'd rather have the cheaper/better living arrangements.

Though as someone else mentions I'd rather not if the event was high profile and I'd have regular "guests" showing up to bother me.

yeah...I'm a cheap hermit...

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean as long as it's cleaned properly I suppose. Apparently the previous owners of my current house had their son kill himself in my garage, so I am almost there already?

byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure. How do you think this house became available? Sometimes in this housing market you need to "help" things along a bit. :)

But seriously, I don't think it would be a problem for me. In the grand scheme of human history, -someone- has probably died just about everywhere you've ever been. I'm not particularly superstitious.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Is the house meeting my living standards and budgetary limits? Then yes. I will live there. Knowing someone has been dead in the house is fine, as long as I won't find any remains while I'm cleaning out the closet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I got enough stress in my life so I don't need whatever a murder house would bring.

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight up murder every night in my place. Check out my twitch stream at xDA_HOOP_GAWDx.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I could get it for substantially cheaper than market value, sure why not!

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Is there a room that is sound proof filled with stainless steel counter tops with meat hooks and butcher tools?

Avatar image for vampiriclunatic
VampiricLunatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The price would have to be really good for me to even consider living there.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if it's haunted, because a murder house that isn't haunted is just a home. Where's the fun in that? How do you boast about living in a murder house if the wall don't bleed?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If a hot sexy girl ghost want to sleep next to me in bed, I'm all for it I'll show her the will of D.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's just a regular house (and cheap, but everything works), sure, why not? As long as it's not in a crime-infested hellhole.

If it's haunted, then we gotta establish baselines. Do the walls bleed? I don't wanna have to deal with washing that (unless it's like, blood that somehow doesn't stain stuff other than the wall, in which case get me a bucket and a phone number to a blood bank). Do cabinets open and close on their own? I could invest in foam or something, else the noise will be too much. Are the ghosts alright, or whiny annoying gits? Are there demons and will they attempt to kill me, or can I make pacts? Is there a hidden lair / room that I can turn into a video game room?

Alternatively, if I'm constantly bothered by people gawking or trying to get in and look around the famous murder house, then nah. Unless I set up a payment system, anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well there's no such thing as ghosts, so why not? I wouldn't seek out a murder home or anything, but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker. My friend used to live at a house where a man murdered his family in the back yard by the pool. Hung out there a lot. No issues. My friends that choose to believe in supernatural stuff said they felt weird, they wouldn't walk back there alone and such.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original own of my car shot himself in the head inside of it (Even have the death certificate in the car), and that doesn't bother me too much. I'd live in a "murder house".

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a certain TV show that does covers this topic. You can just watch the first season and see what happened to the family who stayed in a murder house.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GaspoweR

@meptron said:

I'm in a murder house right now. It's your house. And I'm standing right behind you.

Ha ha ha! You had me there for a second, you jokester. Just looked right behind me just now and you weren't there! Ha! What a hoot! I'm gonna look again right now just to checkkklfajsdf;afi jaj;fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A good friend of mine lived next to a house whose occupants - a man and his gf - were brutally murdered by the man's daughter and her bf. I'm talking a crowbar and axe used as weapons..very nasty stuff and an infamous moment in my suburb's history, which does not see this level of violence often.

Anyway, nobody bought the house and it was torn down a year or two ago. Just a vacant lot now covered in scrub grass, and creepy looking in its own right.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Only if the bodies come with the house.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. And if the discount were substantial enough I'd probably prefer it, if it came down to that. It's not like murder is airborne and infectious, so whatever.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first week I moved into this apartment a neighbor came up to my bedroom window to explain to me that the previous tenant died in this apartment from a drug related "incident". Apparently the guy was into with a nefarious crowd, but I didn't press for details BECAUSE MOTHER FUCKER QUIT TALKING TO ME THROUGH MY BEDROOM WINDOW.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Not exactly related, but I am literally walking around in a deadman's shoes. The previous owner committed suicide while wearing them, I washed off the blood. They are worth about 300 dollars, so I didn't mind, uh, appropriating them.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure. I would be more cautious about living in a neighbourhood known for assault, murder and rape crimes though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way, I would have to sleep with the light on like some children do.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By overnow

I feel like I would. That being said I'd probably do some serious remodeling on the room that shit went down in. Also I feel like I'd be more likely to say no if it was in the master bedroom.

Also if it was one dude killing people at separate times in the same house then it's a big time no.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I would DEMAND to live in such a place.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original own of my car shot himself in the head inside of it (Even have the death certificate in the car), and that doesn't bother me too much. I'd live in a "murder house".

Hold on, so is there still visible visible mess/stains in the car's interior?

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghost_cat: No. Luckily there's no visual evidence besides the certificate.