#1 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

#2 Edited by doobie (605 posts) -

would you rather be

a dwarf so short that you had to climb up to get on chairs and stand on boxes to reach stuff like taps, door handles and light switcher.

or....

a giant so tall you had to duck through doors, bend over to see in mirrors, be always banging your head on light fittings.

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -

Probably a dwarf. Giants have a lot of health issues. I'm sure dwarves do as well, but not to the same extremes. You won't get circulation problems that make your feet numb.

It's easier to be too small than too big. You can always make a shirt smaller.

#4 Posted by falserelic (5328 posts) -

Giant gets all the women.

#5 Posted by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

Giant. I'd get into basketball and make a fuck-ton of money.

#6 Edited by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

I'm gonna go with dwarf. It would be way too expensive to be a giant. Think about having to buy a vehicle and such. Everything would have to be specially made. Maybe the government would help with the expenses. IDK.

I guess there would be a lot of specially made things either way.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36012 posts) -

I'm in the Dwarf Fortress succession game right now, so obviously giant. So I could crush all those stupid dwarfs.

#8 Edited by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Probably a dwarf. Giants have a lot of health issues. I'm sure dwarves do as well, but not to the same extremes.

That's my reasoning as well.

#9 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

A Dwarf in fantasy universes like Dragon Age... yes.

#10 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Other, motherfucker.

#11 Posted by Turambar (6675 posts) -

How giant are we talking about?  7-8 feet, sure, I'll take that.  Anything more though and there's going to be serious health issues involved.

#12 Edited by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

I thought you meant a 30 foot tall kinda giant, so I voted dwarf, but then I read the whole thing and it sounds like you're saying more of a 8ish foot tall giant.

#13 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -
@GJSmitty This isn't frost giants against dwarf paladins!
#14 Posted by Bane122 (783 posts) -

I'm pretty happy being a giant, so I'll go with that.

#15 Posted by SomeJerk (3143 posts) -

You know what sucks about being a midget?

#16 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Giant because being able to reach for stuff and see over people's shoulder at the movies is convenient. Dwarves get all the knees though.

#17 Edited by Yummylee (21254 posts) -

I'd like to be a giant, just to be on the other end of the spectrum for a change. OK, I don't actually have dwarfism, but being at an embarrassing 5ft nuttin' still sucks. In fact it's almost worse! Dwarfs are generally sympathised with and it's frowned upon for making any such crude remarks at their expense. Plus look at how they're presented in films; they're more often than not wise-cracking smooooth son'bitches. People who are simply small on the other hand: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

But no seriously, I'm not trying to make out as if I have it rougher than actual sufferers of dwarfism. /PC

#18 Edited by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

Three words...N - B - A. Being so tall you have to duck to enter a room can be lucrative if you're sturdy and reasonably quick. The true money is being a giant.

If your sport career fails you can always become a spokesman for frozen vegetables.

#19 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Giant with a giant wiener.

#20 Posted by Gnubberen (762 posts) -

Dwarf... because, diggy diggy hole.

#21 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

A giant so I could have a whale sized dick. We're all thinkin it so I'll just say it.

#22 Posted by Fattony12000 (7052 posts) -
Imma be a Zombie Giant
#23 Posted by Strife777 (1503 posts) -

I didn't read before voting and I thought we were talking about fantasy stuff so I voted dwarf. 'Cause dwarves are awesome!

But in the actual context of the question, I would much rather be 7-8 feet tall, no more than that.

#24 Posted by LikeaSsur (1495 posts) -

How tall are we talking? Like 8, 9, 10 feet? And why so short as a dwarf? Seriously, climbing something to reach a door handle seems really small to me.

I need more information before I make a choice.

#25 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Why the hell would anyone want to be a dwarf? That sounds horrible.

#26 Posted by Ares42 (2574 posts) -

Being tall opens up a lot of opportunities and makes a lot of things easier, being short does the opposite. Pretty easy choice. Hell, just the purely natural aspect of physical dominance (big = respect, small = ridicule) makes it obvious.

#27 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

giant's can not dance like that!

#28 Posted by PandaBear (1303 posts) -

Batman.

#29 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

a dwarf with a giant weiner would be cool. you would be like a tripod

#30 Posted by gamefreak9 (2344 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Dwarf with a giant wiener!

#31 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Dwemer wins!

#32 Posted by Sweep (8817 posts) -

@FlemmingM said:

Dwarf... because, diggy diggy hole.

Impressively articulate and logical.

#33 Posted by TheSlothKing (330 posts) -

Are we talking fantasy style or real dwarfs and giants?

#34 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

When your 8 feet you can eat and alot of food, being a dwarf not so much.

#35 Posted by Capum15 (4812 posts) -
@TheSlothKing said:

Are we talking fantasy style or real dwarfs and giants?

I would also like to know this.
#36 Posted by Jaytow (693 posts) -

NOBODY TOSSES THE DWARF!!!

#37 Posted by UncleClassy (405 posts) -

At first I thought this was about video games. Then I remembered both those things exist in real life.

#38 Posted by Korolev (1700 posts) -

Tall - because women are attracted to tall people. Short people? Not so much, from my own, very personal experience. Ugh.

#39 Edited by Ezakael (911 posts) -

A Giant I guess. I'm already short (granted I'm not a dwarf) so it would be interesting to experience being big.

Also....

@Sackmanjones said:

A giant so I could have a whale sized dick. We're all thinkin it so I'll just say it.
#40 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6287 posts) -

Giant. Nobody fucks with a giant. A dwarf is open to constant ridicule plus they're easy as shit to rob/kick.

#41 Edited by SarjuTheRapper (279 posts) -

i would rather be a giant because im already accustomed to a certain amount of clumsiness and also because the bfg is a fuckin boss

#42 Posted by Orbitz89 (229 posts) -

Are we talking "Dwarfs and Giants" as in midgets and freakishly tall people? because if i had to pick one of those i'd pick "abort my fetus"

#43 Posted by Zombie_Shakespeare (132 posts) -

Dwarf, given how much Dwarf Fortress I've been playing lately.

Do I get the beard, the alcoholism and the wrestling skills?

#44 Posted by Hellstrom (199 posts) -

Dwarves have small penis.

#45 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

I guess that depends on just how big a giant is. adding 20-40cm onto me doesn't seem that bad. On the other hand, if I'm taller than that it seems like a giant pain. Then I'd rather be a dwarf and have people carry me around.

#46 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1405 posts) -

Giant and play in the NBA

#47 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

Dwarf! Who doesn't want that sweat beard and resistance to alcohol toxicity?