Would you say that you take the life you have for granted?

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dr_nefarious

This is a change of mood from my previous post. Anyway I was just watching a documentary about starving kids in Africa and the diseases they face as well as hard ships and I thank God that I am so fortunate to not be in a situation such as that. Anyway, Be honest too. No one's judging.

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MC_Izawa

I intentionally live in poverty.  I also have unprotected sex with strangers in hopes of contracting strange diseases.  Because I'm pretty sure that's what those kids would want.  I know that if I was FORCED to live like that I would be vindictive and angry at the world.  But since I CHOSE this lifestyle, I'm actually kind of an activist.  Here's hoping for sainthood!

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RetroIce4
MC_Izawa said:
"I intentionally live in poverty.  I also have unprotected sex with strangers in hopes of contracting strange diseases.  Because I'm pretty sure that's what those kids would want.  I know that if I was FORCED to live like that I would be vindictive and angry at the world.  But since I CHOSE this lifestyle, I'm actually kind of an activist.  Here's hoping for sainthood!"
Troll?
diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By diz
dr_nefarious said:
"This is a change of mood from my previous post. Anyway I was just watching a documentary about starving kids in Africa and the diseases they face as well as hard ships and I thank God that I am so fortunate to not be in a situation such as that. Anyway, Be honest too. No one's judging."
If God's responsible for your own good fortune, what have the starving kids in Africa done to covet God's wrath?

I prefer to believe that people create and manage their own destinies, from the cultural, social and vocational environments they start in.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

I think we are all guilty of doing so sometimes, sadly it takes experiencing the death of someone close, to realise and shake out of it.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar

No, I am thankful for what I have  most days but whenever I feel down (bad grade or something), thats when I feel i take my life for granted since girl and grade problems aren't as bad as no school and child slave labor problems.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead
diz said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"This is a change of mood from my previous post. Anyway I was just watching a documentary about starving kids in Africa and the diseases they face as well as hard ships and I thank God that I am so fortunate to not be in a situation such as that. Anyway, Be honest too. No one's judging."
If God's responsible for your own good fortune, what have the starving kids in Africa done to covet God's wrath?

I prefer to believe that people create and manage their own destinies, from the cultural, social and vocational environments they start in."
He doesn't like blacks.
Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Keeng

I remember saying two days ago that I was tired of my life being so difficult all the time but looking back on it (and thinking about this post) has made me realize that I do occassionally take life for granted. I live in the US in a pretty decent apartment while I'm taking college classes that I don't have to pay for. That's not terrible. I was in my Biology class this morning and we were talking about how less than 40% of the world lives in a place with access to clean running water. By that logic, I think at least 60% of the world has it worse than I do. I understand that there are various problems at all stages of life for all people, but my basic needs are met and that's not something that everyone on Earth can say. So yeah, I do sometimes forget how fortunate I am. I imagine everyone does.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By toowalrus

Not going to see James Earl Jones read poetry from Edgar Allen Poe when I had the chance.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dr_nefarious
HandsomeDead said:
"diz said:
"dr_nefarious said:

I prefer to believe that people create and manage their own destinies, from the cultural, social and vocational environments they start in."
He doesn't like blacks."
Did I do something to offend you?

Keeng
said:
"I remember saying two days ago that I was tired of my life being so difficult all the time but looking back on it (and thinking about this post) has made me realize that I do occassionally take life for granted. I live in the US in a pretty decent apartment while I'm taking college classes that I don't have to pay for. That's not terrible. I was in my Biology class this morning and we were talking about how less than 40% of the world lives in a place with access to clean running water. By that logic, I think at least 60% of the world has it worse than I do. I understand that there are various problems at all stages of life for all people, but my basic needs are met and that's not something that everyone on Earth can say. So yeah, I do sometimes forget how fortunate I am. I imagine everyone does."
I don't think consciously we take it for granted, but there are not enough reminders in day to day life as to how fortunate we are. I don't often think "gee, I'm lucky", it's just the way it is, although we who have enough of everything should be more thankful.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#11  Edited By citizenkane

Sometimes I do, but I am very much aware of the situations people around the world go through everyday.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead
dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"diz said:
"dr_nefarious said:

He doesn't like blacks."
Did I do something to offend you?"
No. Why?
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dr_nefarious
HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"diz said:
"dr_nefarious said:

He doesn't like blacks."
No. Why?"
Then what's with the outrageous assumption?
JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By JonathanMoore

I live in England and we (I would think) have around the same amount of convenience as the US citizens. So taking that into consideration, I believe I take a lot of my life for granted.

-- God Bless.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I kinda hate that phrase. We all take it for granted because it's been granted to us, no?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead
dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"diz said:
"dr_nefarious said:

He doesn't like blacks."
No. Why?"
Then what's with the outrageous assumption?"
I was talking about God hating blacks, not you.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dr_nefarious
HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"diz said:
"dr_nefarious said:

He doesn't like blacks."
No. Why?"
Then what's with the outrageous assumption?"
I was talking about God hating blacks, not you."
Oh Ok.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By maxszy
dr_nefarious said:
I could go off on a lot of tangents here. But I will not... so to answer your question directly: no I don't THINK I do. But if to live in your own world is taking for granted the life I have, then perhaps I do.
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By inkeiren

It sounds arrogant, but I am very grateful some of the time.

But, of course, there are times when I don't appreciate the situation I am in. I find taking a good life for granted is horrible.

I find children to be a different case, though. I forget the exact wording, but someone once said

"The luckiest children are the ones who don't know how lucky they are."

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aurelito
diz said:
"dr_nefarious said:
If God's responsible for your own good fortune, what have the starving kids in Africa done to covet God's wrath?I prefer to believe that people create and manage their own destinies, from the cultural, social and vocational environments they start in."
They don't want to change. that's all. god "assists" humanity because they have abilities to do things. starving blacks at Africa could and still can change their destiny, but they don't want. they can't even take advantage out of their petroleum. why? they don't want to.convinced that you people don't want to, you're just using

Ps: If you don't believe in christian god, neither do I.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I honestly don't really care about the poor people in the world. It sounds like a dickhead statement (mainly because it is) but when you think about it do that many people really care? If they actually did wouldn't they do something about it? I appreciate what I have, but I don't need to see a bunch of poor people to tell me that I got lucky.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Claude

I don't think I take the life I have for granted, but I do get caught up in my own little world's problems. I have to stand back, pause and understand how fortunate I am. This allows me put to my life in perspective.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Coltonio7

This is depressing.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HandsomeDead
Everyones_A_Critic said:
"

I honestly don't really care about the poor people in the world. It sounds like a dickhead statement (mainly because it is) but when you think about it do that many people really care? If they actually did wouldn't they do something about it? I appreciate what I have, but I don't need to see a bunch of poor people to tell me that I got lucky.

"
Wrong. Don't be another victim of white guilt.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By CL60
Miniman said:
"It's not our fault our ancestors managed to find food and build a society : /"
You have no idea why these other areas are how they are do you?
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dr_nefarious
Everyones_A_Critic said:
"

"
Well this may sound a little harsh as well but the people who struggle in third world countries in the continent of africa, that is basically their problem. It's because of their government and army that their way of living is so fucked up but we can't just decide to go in and invade another country and fix their problems. I honestly think this is one that they need to work on their own.
MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MC_Izawa
dr_nefarious said:
"Everyones_A_Critic said:
"

"
Well this may sound a little harsh as well but the people who struggle in third world countries such as africa, that is basically their problem. It's because of their government and army that their way of living is so fucked up but we can't just decide to go in and invade another country and fix their problems. I honestly think this is one that they need to work on their own."
Third world countries such as Africa, you say?
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By raven_squad

Im sure I probably do take my high quality of life for granted, and if it were to be taken away, I probably wouldn't know what to do with myself. But, Im not going to look at kids in Africa, and suffer over it myself. Nothing I can do or say will fix their situation, so I'm going to live my life how I want to. 

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dr_nefarious
MC_Izawa said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Everyones_A_Critic said:
"

"
Well this may sound a little harsh as well but the people who struggle in third world countries such as africa, that is basically their problem. It's because of their government and army that their way of living is so fucked up but we can't just decide to go in and invade another country and fix their problems. I honestly think this is one that they need to work on their own."
Third world countries such as Africa, you say?"
Yes I know, I meant to say parts of Africa considering it's a continent..
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Loved reading this thread , it was enlightening . As for the answer I should say : Yes , unfortunately I sometimes do take my life for granted .