Wounds and Injuries at Kid's Birthday Parties

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

Dan's admission to hurting himself at a kids birthday party...as a kid!!!...got me thinking.

When I was eight (1977), I was invited to a school-mate's birthday party down the street. We were playing with Rock'em Sock'em Robots, but of course we only had one Rock'em Sock'em Robots between 12 boys. Thus a group of kids not competing with the robots started to "mock-punch" each other. One boy would "theatrically" throw a punch and the other boy was suppose to "theatrically" take the punch and fall down.

Well, I was mock throwing a punch a bit fast; however, the other boy (his fault, his fault) leaned in a lot. I socked him in the nose very hard so that blood was gushing out his nose - he was of course the birthday boy.

Bottom-line: I punched an eight year-old child on his birthday. I also had to explain to his mom why her son was bleeding and crying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

During my one of my friend's 13th birthday party we were doing some backyard wrestling on a trampoline and I got knocked unconscious when I took a powerbomb too close to metal springs. I am pretty sure I got a concussion but I didn't want to get in trouble so I never told an adult what happened. I was essentially the neighborhood jabroni for being coordinated enough to not intentionally sandbaging when being lifted for wrestling moves. Incidentally that is the only injury I ever got doing backyard wrestling or playing on a trampoline.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SomeJerk

I was happy and bouncy at a cousins birthday party when I was five, slipped on a carpet and cracked my forehead open on the corner of an IKEA cupboard.

Three decades later it's a great looking set of stitches that's not immediately visible unless in the right light conditions, and a great anti-getting messed with accessory. Maybe it made my prefontal cortex evolve the perfect way it did.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bottom-line: I punched an eight year-old child on his birthday. I also had to explain to his mom why her son was bleeding and crying.

That's hilarious

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

We had a kid split his face open crashing our minibike on one of my brothers birthday partys. The old "throttle instead of brakes" maneuver. Drove strait into and up the side of a shed and the handles got him in the chin splitting it open enough that he needed a dozen stitches.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I don't think I ever really went to birthday parties as a kid. Hell, I never really injured myself either, being a kid who liked to stay inside most of the time and play my games. Never broken a bone, never needed stitches, never been to the hospital aside from necessary surgeries (tonsils out and tubes in my ears).

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Similar to yours, for Christmas when I was 6 my brother and I got those Socker Boppers that were being advertised practically every 15 minutes in the 90's, and we ran downstairs to try them out. My brother is 7 years older than me, so at that time he was at least twice my size.

I managed to put mine on faster, so while he was trying to inflate his I was just whaling on him. Finally he manages to get his on, and he comes at me with all the force a 13 year old annoyed at his little brother can - aiming square at my face.

Problem was, his glove wasn't fully inflated, and the minute it made contact with my face it gave way to his actual fist. I ended up with a broken nose, and we later found out his glove had a hole in it straight from the packaging. My mom returned it at the Toy's R Us (apparently it was a hard sell considering it had blood on it), and my brother refused to play with them ever again. I brought it up when we met for Christmas dinner last year and he still feels guilty about it.

He also dislocated my thumb trying to give me the People's Elbow a couple years later, but he refuses to even acknowledge that it happened.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a second there I though this topic was going to about some maniac attacking children at a children's party. And I was right.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Well, I was mock throwing a punch a bit fast; however, the other boy (his fault, his fault) leaned in a lot. I socked him in the nose very hard so that blood was gushing out his nose.

I did the same thing around the age of 12 at school, except I elbowed a kid in the lip by accident. He had to have stitches and I felt terrible about it.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By frymillstrum

When i was 13 I was at a 13th birthday party in a back garden and they had an exercise ball that we all started playing with. my friends nephew or little cousin was also at the party, he must have been about 4 years old. I forget how exactly it happened but I somehow managed to slam the 4 year old in the back of the head with the exercise ball, knocking him over, he wasn't hurt somehow but the shock of the incident had him wailing his lungs out, as kids are want to do. I felt like such an asshole and the worst part was my friends dad already had something of a dislike for me, after this he pretty much hated me forever, even though it was clearly an accident.

Camelizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I almost drowned at a birthday party once as a kid. Can't remember exactly how old I was but I couldn't really swim that well yet. The pool was over my head at all points so I was using a water noodle to help me swim around on. My friend, whose birthday party it was, demanded that I give him the noodle I was using. I remember telling him that I needed it to help me swim but apparently that wasn't a valid enough reason for him. He ripped the noodle away from me and like I said I couldn't really swim so next thing I know I'm swallowing water and starting to panic. Luckily there was a lot of adults around at the time and one, it was actually the friends father, got me out of the pool. I coughed up a bunch of water and took awhile to calm down but that was about it. I also remember the birthday boys father getting really pissed at him and sending him into the house for like an hour. I vividly remember seeing him looking out the glass front door at his own birthday party with his arms crossed, pouting, and crying. All the while I was just swimming around with the noodle.

Now that I'm thinking about it I think I would later punch that kid in the face the next year while waiting for the bus.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No injuries or anything, but in 1st/2nd Grade my friend had a sleepover for his birthday with probably about 10ish kids (plus his two older brothers). We all slept in their gameroom which had like waterbeds and shit and I remember at various points we watched Space Jam and played Goldeneye and Duke Nukem 64. The next morning we played Mario Kart 64 and Rampage, but I remember while we were playing Rampage I started feeling really sick, so I got up to go to the bathroom but then threw up on the tile halfway across the room. I just remember his mom cleaning it up and then my parents picking me up early.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was probably about 4 there was this little neighbourhood get together with a few parents and kids for my buddy's 4th birthday. Us kids were playing around with a plastic baseball bat and I somehow managed to wrap my arm around the bat in a pretty crazy way and then I tripped and broke my arm.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@monkeyking1969: wow out of all the kids there you could have hit. My kid was recently at some kids b day party, they were basically fighting over one of the games (there only 3). As a parent it is kind of embarrassing. At least you were older. But I imagine that was kind of embarrassing beating up the birthday boy lol.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I once hit a friend in the face with a gold club. He still has a scar under his eye from it. I think we were about 10.

superdomino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a birthday party at a place called the "Discovery Zone" when I was 6. It was a typical indoor playground arcade kind of thing. There was a massive ball pit with only yellow balls and apparently pretty shoddy padding. Long story short a kid in my party hit his head on some jagged piece of metal that should have been padded and ended up bleeding all over the ball pit before they pulled him out. There were all of these yellow balls streaked with blood. It was pretty metal.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KirillOrlov

I don't remember which year but maybe 10th-13th birthday of mine we were all playing Street Fighter on the SNES. I decided I needed to do something in the kitchen. I was so excited I ran back into my room, tripped on one of my friends sitting on the floor, and smashed the top of my ear on my wodden bed frame(which was damn sharp). A piece of earlobe was cut out and just bleed every where...

Now I just have a small piece missing though you'd never know unless you touched it. It's like a little dip on the top of the earlobe. Boys will be boys.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was at my cousin's son 4th birthday and saw a girl jump kick him in the groin.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

When I was like 11 my friend had a pool party for his birthday in July, we were outside swimming for literally the entire day with no shade whatsoever (in Arizona). I got a sunburn. My story sounds way less cool than your guys'. It was a pretty metal sunburn though, my skin was all cracked and there was blood and blisters everywhere for like a week.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Dunno, during a family birthday gathering we were playing "The Floor is Lava" using some ancient sofa cushions and I guess the buttons on the cushions were attached via nails (?) and one of those buttons was loose and one of my cousins got a nail through the foot. Being the oldest kid I got yelled at for some reason.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... I vividly remember seeing him looking out the glass front door at his own birthday party with his arms crossed, pouting, and crying. All the while I was just swimming around with the noodle.

Swimmin' like a Boss!

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I remember there was one time where I had a bouncy house at my 6th birthday party and one kid got kicked in the nuts and started crying, and another got a huge bloody nose with blood covering his whole face. The best part? The same kid caused both of these injuries.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By monkeyking1969

When I was in first grade (1976) it was typically for your mom to make cupcakes to send to school for you birthday. You would eat the cupcakes at snack time.

My working mother was a good woman. She made the cupcakes, but she also was fiesty and was not above a sick joke that was funny to her. So, for my birthday she made white cake cup cakes, topped with light blue frosting and a single "Mexican Sombrero Gummie" on top.

As my teacher was handing out the cupcakes, she asked me "These are nice...but why the little hats...?

No Caption Provided

I told the teacher what my mom said, "These are Drowning Man cupcakes, those are the men's hats floating on the water where they drown."

JeSuisLorde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JeSuisLorde

Two years ago, at my niece's 10th birthday party, my half-sister rented a few animals. One of the animals was an iguana. The stupid thing bit my mom's right hand. She had to get stitches and was out of work for over a month. My sister didn't even know the dumb lizard would bite her stepmother - the guy handling the iguana said it was tame (we thought wrong). She made the guy pack up the animals and leave the party.

I have a deep-seated hatred for iguanas ever since that incident. My mom won't even go near an iguana.