Xbox Live update has screwed everything up

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Double0hFor

All I wanted to do was play some games, so I turned on the Xbox and it had an update, I accepted and it downloaded. For some reason, it said it couldn't continue at some point due to a network problem. Now I can't sign into XBL. Its not my internet connection since I just posted this and not my subscription because I was online earlier in the day, plus I renewed in September.

So all I want to know is how to fix this, it seems the update worked since I have the new dashboard but I am unable to connect to XBL. Is everything down due to system congestion or is my Xbox completely fucked now?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

It's not the update. It's the network. Live is screwed up right now for almost everybody, not just those who downloaded the update.

kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kuz101

Everything is down due to system congestion, your Xbox is not completely fucked. I haven't even been able to update because I can't sign into Xbox Live.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By InsidiousTuna

Servers are getting hammered. It'll be fixed within a day or two, if not hours. Twitter is exploding with rage over this, and it's not an issue. Be cool about it. Running an infrastructure like this is not easy, and it's not really worth getting worked up over. Plus, if it actually DOES get out of hand, like it did Christmas of 07, then they'll do right by subscribers, like they did back then.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

@MrKlorox said:

It's not the update. It's the network. Live is screwed up right now for almost everybody, not just those who downloaded the update.

Yep. I don't have the update and I can't connect. My net is working and everything.

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Double0hFor

Ok, well I guess I'll just watch a movie instead, thanks everyone

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By mariokart64fan

mine was on the last time i was on after the update, just zune did not work ,! and im really pissed because all of my rugrats are gone! well their there but not ,not sure about right now because im playing my dreamcast

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#8  Edited By alistercat

Just give it some time. Unfortunate, but everything is overloaded. I tried a couple of times and was finally able to get it to work across several Xboxs. I had the thing where I couldn't sign my profile in either. Just wait and then try again later.

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By DevWil

i couldn't buy points on xbox.com. turned on my 360, downloading the update now.

hopefully i'll be able to get the RB3 DLC i wanted to grab tonight.