jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Edited By jaqen_hghar

Soundtrack for this post:

I miss platformers. Especially the kind where you have wonderful worlds to explore, where you collect myriads of things. I want a large overworld where you move between these smaller worlds. I want a cartoonishly evil antagonist, and maybe a goofy animal or some shit as the protagonist. I want to unlock new items, skills and moves as I go along. I want stupidly addictive music. And I want it for PC.

Can that be done? I mean, the only recent ones I can think about are the Mario games on WiiU, a system I don't have yet. I know there are several games like this on PC, but I cannot for the life of me think of one at this instant. Would be a plus if it is recent as well, with those new cool graphics the kids love these days. Just one good action-adventure platformer. That is all I need.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Look through Steam indie games, pick a random game. Chances are it's either a shitty horror game, a shitty roguelike or a shitty platformer.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Isn't Shovel Knight supposed to be a platformer?

You could always go back and play the classics, too. Although I do admit that there seems to be a real lack of charming platformers currently.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Huh. I will have to keep Mini-Ninjas in mind. Does seem the closest to what I want.

@corruptedevil@oldirtybearon: Ah, I forgot to mention 3D platformer. 2D platformers are everywhere, I agree. And I really look forward to play Shovel Knight when I get it.

But yeah, might just have to fire up the ol' 360 and play some Banjo Kazooie/Tooie.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evo: Yes. That is exactly what I was looking for! Even got music from Grant Kirkhope! Thanks!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Man, I really wanna play Banja-Kazooie now. I never finished it, sadly. That game was so weirdly whimsical.

Fly53Corps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Banjo was a glorious game. Easily in my top 5 of all time. I never got round to playing the sequel though. If you remember there were to be links between the two games (something to do with a cage IIRC) but I cracked it open with my Action Replay haha

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Man, I'd love new Mario in the style of Mario 64. Not running around collecting weird little fairy things, not collecting giant coins as part of finishing a level, and not just getting to the end of a level. I want there to be 10-12 different, fully realized worlds that you enter via paintings in a large castle that also has trap doors and fun secrets. And in each world, there are like 6-7 challenges that you need to get stars from that will then unlock a door to save Peach. Running to the end of each stage and then beating a castle to save a little fairy from a bottle sucked (looking at you SM3DW). I want to race a Koopa Troopa to the end of a level and if I win, get a star. I want to throw a Bob-Omb off a big cliff and get stars for it. That stuff was fun.

Seriously, that would feel like a breath of fresh air. They could even call it Super Mario 64 Wii U Mega Deluxe or something.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A new game like Psychonauts but not a Psychonauts 2 would be great. I would play it.

Look through Steam indie games, pick a random game. Chances are it's either a shitty horror game, a shitty roguelike or a shitty platformer.

You forgot shitty simulator game.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: If you have a 360 you should get it and the sequel on Live. Plays great, and is just as fun! It had so many weird touches as well, like how the music in the hub was the same basic song, it just morphed into whatever zone you where in. And the way it organically morphed as it played, with no breaks in the song... blew my mind at the time. Such a small detail, yet it made the game so much better.

@fly53corps: I finally got to try that content out when I played both games on 360. They put the "stop 'n' swop" things into those versions instead, seeing how they could finally do something like that. The fun part was how it also did something in Nuts and Bolts (which I actually enjoyed a lot for different reasons).

@mbradley1992: I didn't even think about that. How the latest Mario games, while being in 3D, has essentially been the 2D Mario formula. That means the last game with different objectives was Galaxy 2 then? And while those two games was fricking great, they lost some of that "let's explore the level!" that 64 had.

@rotnac: Oh, hell yes! I want something like that myself. Psychonauts is one of my all-time favorite games. It had the humor, the inventive abilities, cool levels and a hidden dark streak. On the surface the game is funny and silly as hell, but when you dig a bit deeper and really pay attention it becomes the saddest and most depressing game I have played. More like that please!