stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By stryker1121

@MikeHawk said:

Chardon high school is about an hour and a half from my hometown. It's a shame that kids still do stuff like this. Due to the inevitable vidya games connections that my local news stations will make, I would request that this board be moved to the general discussion forum >_>

I live about 30 minutes from CHS..news coverage all day (I work from home at the moment) and unfortunately there has been a fatality from this. And yes, the local conservative radio talk show guy asked a psychologist the inevitable violent video game connection to the shooting. The psych said vidja games do not cause shootings, but if a kid feels outcast, angry, etc, a violent game is an unhealthy outlet that exacerbate those feelings and may even be a teaching tool on how to go about a killing spree. Take that for what you will..

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By ThePickle

Guys, we shouldn't be banning guns. We need to ban the real problem: Ohio.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By shaunk

@stryker1121 said:

@MikeHawk said:

Chardon high school is about an hour and a half from my hometown. It's a shame that kids still do stuff like this. Due to the inevitable vidya games connections that my local news stations will make, I would request that this board be moved to the general discussion forum >_>

And yes, the local conservative radio talk show guy asked a psychologist the inevitable violent video game connection to the shooting.

Wait a minute... why were you listening to a conservative radio talk show?

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By stryker1121

@MasturbatingestBear said:

@stryker1121 said:

@MikeHawk said:

And yes, the local conservative radio talk show guy asked a psychologist the inevitable violent video game connection to the shooting.

Er..it's our main news station around here and I was in the car. Is that OK?

Lotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Lotus

Kinda hard for me to be sad about this, undeRage kids die all the time, around the world, every second.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Nottle

@Milkman said:

I will never understand how someone can defend possession of guns in this day.

Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns.

You got me on that one. You got me on that one.

Yeah, I rather know that people have a way to defend themselves against a burglar as opposed to being completely helpless. It's sad that it is that way, but guns have held a part in both sides of crime.

Shame about those students though.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By stonyman65

@Lotus said:

Kinda hard for me to be sad about this, undeRage kids die all the time, around the world, every second.

Yeah but not needlessly like this. Don't be an asshole.

Lotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lotus

@Stonyman65 said:

Tell me when is OK for a kid to die then? Don´t be an asshole.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By stonyman65

@Lotus said:

@Stonyman65 said:

It is NEVER okay. Your earlier comment made it sound like it wasn't a big deal. It is. Stop calling other people assholes when you are being an asshole.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Turambar
@Lotus said:

@Stonyman65 said:

Never?  Hence why you should always be sad about it?
NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NegativeCero

This is a shame. Reminds me my time in high school was thankfully(?) just assholes calling in bomb threats or setting off fire alarms to try and get the day off.

Lotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Lotus

@Stonyman65 said:

It is NEVER okay. Your earlier comment made it sound like it wasn't a big deal. It is. Stop calling other people assholes when you are being an asshole.

It is, i was just sharing my feelings on the matter. Anyways, scales can desensitize you.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Pibo47

@Questionable said:

Gee America? what a suprise.

Must be all dem Halo's and fox news.

Jesus fuck fauxnews.@MasturbatingestBear said:

Neither do i. I cant wait for conservatives arguing that children should be armed in schools because you never know when a shooter is going to walk in. Or police men in every class room...and then bitch about the government being to big. I love this country.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By TehFlan
@Three0neFive said:

@Beforet said:

PEOPLE DIED, SO LET ME USE THIS CHANCE TO PIMP MY POLITICS!

YO, FUCK YOUR POLITICS!

JOIN MY POLITICS!

NAW MAN MY POLITICS ARE BETTER THAN BOTH Y'ALL'S POLITICS!
GuyIncognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By GuyIncognito

@Stonyman65 said:

you think illegal guns are bad now, wait and see what will happen when the government tries to ban them.

lolwut

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By shaunk

@stryker1121 said:

@stryker1121 said:

@MikeHawk said:

Er..it's our main news station around here and I was in the car. Is that OK?

I'll allow it.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By stonyman65

@GuyIncognito said:

@Stonyman65 said:

you think illegal guns are bad now, wait and see what will happen when the government tries to ban them.

lolwut

should have made that more clear, let me rephrase that: The illegal gun problem is bad now, but when all guns are banned that problem will get worse because guns will be in higher demand. Meaning more crime, more illegal things going on in relation to those guns.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I'm always going to blame the parents and moreso the shitty anti-discipline structure from scummy "Child Protection" services.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By beeftothetaco

Touchy subject.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Hitchenson

Sounds like he'd have a poor hit ratio in modern fps'.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ravenlight

@JasonR86 said:

I wonder what video game is to blame for this one.

Wappy Dog

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By kashif1

@Stonyman65 said:

@GuyIncognito said:

@Stonyman65 said:

lolwut

should have made that more clear, let me rephrase that: The illegal gun problem is bad now, but when all guns are banned that problem will get worse because guns will be in higher demand. Meaning more crime, more illegal things going on in relation to those guns.

Argument does not follow, your saying that by making guns harder to get more criminals will have guns. lolwut? Or maybe your saying that prohibiting guns will have the same effect on crime as prohibiting alcohol did. To that I also say lolwut, guns are not drugs, the situations are not comparable.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#73  Edited By nintendoeats

My condolences.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By kashif1

@Turambar said:

I heard it over the radio on my way to my student teaching session at a middle school, and bringing it up at the beginning of homeroom lead to quite a discussion.

Wait you're a teacher, or going to be a teacher in the near future? Cool.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By phrali

@Demoskinos said:

@Animasta: The argument isn't that it "wouldn't happen" but if there were personnel who had access to firearms the shooter could be gunned down and lives saved. If only the shooter has a gun more people are going to die before he is stopped. People are going to have guns regardless. The only way to defend yourself from guns is with guns. Fight fire with fire and all that jazz.

also, what happens when nutjob starts shooting people and redneck white knight starts shooting back, and the police show up to a pile of bodies and two people shooting at each other, what are they supposed to do? stop and say "excuse me, which one of you is the nutjob and which one of you is the law abiding citizen?"

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By stonyman65

@kashif1 said:

@Stonyman65 said:

@GuyIncognito said:

@Stonyman65 said:

lolwut

Argument does not follow, your saying that by making guns harder to get more criminals will have guns. lolwut? Or maybe your saying that prohibiting guns will have the same effect on crime as prohibiting alcohol did. To that I also say lolwut, guns are not drugs, the situations are not comparable.

Yeah, they are actually. They are goods that criminals want. When you outlaw those goods, a market for those now illegal goods starts. It's supply and demand - when the supply goes down the demand will only go up, and in the case of illegal things, that means dirty deals and more crime. The Prohibition Era is the perfect example of this.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By intro

That's like an hour away from me. Really sucks this shit happens. I don't know what's worse in America, the amount of violence and crimes that happen or the shitty economics.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, whats the point of owning a gun?

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By stonyman65

@phrali said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Animasta: The argument isn't that it "wouldn't happen" but if there were personnel who had access to firearms the shooter could be gunned down and lives saved. If only the shooter has a gun more people are going to die before he is stopped. People are going to have guns regardless. The only way to defend yourself from guns is with guns. Fight fire with fire and all that jazz.

also, what happens when nutjob starts shooting people and redneck white knight starts shooting back, and the police show up to a pile of bodies and two people shooting at each other, what are they supposed to do? stop and say "excuse me, which one of you is the nutjob and which one of you is the law abiding citizen?"

That's possible, but unlikely. Things like this has happened before, and no one was hurt but the bad guy. I can tell ya, I've spent a lot of time at the range and shooting with cops, and I would trust a private citizen with a gun more than I would trust a "trained" cop any day. Because to a lot of cops, guns are just part of the job and they don't practice unless they have to. People who like guns on the other hand REALLY like guns, and know how to use them.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Turambar
@kashif1 said:

@Turambar said:

I heard it over the radio on my way to my student teaching session at a middle school, and bringing it up at the beginning of homeroom lead to quite a discussion.

Wait you're a teacher, or going to be a teacher in the near future? Cool.

Doing my student teaching right now.  Will have my license in another year at this current rate.
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By stonyman65

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

Self defense, hunting, competition, target practice..

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Turambar
@phrali said:

@Demoskinos said:

Even in states where it is legal to carry a concealed firearm with a license, that example does not actually happen.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By napalm

Hey guys, I know what will fix this: a better education system. Seriously. It's beep in the dumper for twenty years.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By kashif1

@Stonyman65 said:

@kashif1 said:

@Stonyman65 said:

@GuyIncognito said:

@Stonyman65 said:

lolwut

Yeah, they are actually. They are goods that criminals want. When you outlaw those goods, a market for those now illegal goods starts. It's supply and demand - when the supply goes down the demand will only go up, and in the case of illegal things, that means dirty deals and more crime. The Prohibition Era is the perfect example of this.

That would be where your wrong, drugs are something that people besides criminals want, alcohol is something that nearly everyone wants. Here are some other ways they don't compare, drugs can be grown and refined with comparative ease. Guns are much more difficult to make. Drugs are addictive, guns are not. Drugs don't kill people as quickly as guns do. I could go on listing differences but my point is that they are not similar enough to be compared.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By bybeach
@Stonyman65 said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

Self defense, hunting, competition, target practice..

For me it is self defense soley. I have a handgun, but what I want is a shotgun. I figure the concealed bit is solved there and home defense is well met. 

I'm sorry for kids these days. the realities of life is that there is bullying and harrassment on a number of levels now, but reaching for your revolver(or Daddies) is worse than not an answer for this. Also shooting ppl. is too easy in some pop cultures eyes, especially where the assumption is the punishment is just par for the course. And things will get more difficult with the middle class decimated, population increases, Social pressures increase etc etc.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@kashif1 said:

Guns are much more difficult to make.

Not really. Give me a lead pipe, a rubber band, some duct tape, something to use as a handle (even a grip from one of those plastic spray bottles would work) a wooden clothespin and a BB (to impact the firing cap) and I'll show you a working gun. It won't look nice, but it will work.

Google 'garage guns'. There's some impressive-looking homemade guns out there. 
No Caption Provided
Even bullets are pretty easy to make from scratch. And gunpowder? A quick trip to the farmers co-op and you can get ALL the ingredients. Don't want to buy it? Bat guano, charcoal, and YOUR OWN PISS can be used to make it.
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#87  Edited By musubi

@phrali: So what? Just let innocent people die when some nutjob decides to go out in a blaze of glory? Fuck that. Shoot the motherfucker and save peoples lives. And if the person shooting the gun is trained the only person going to be shot is the whackjob. As I posted before... look at statistics. Gun bans promote violence. The UK , Austriala both gun violence went UP after the bans happened.

Even if you BAN guns they aren't hard to get ahold of I mean christ around here there are tons of people that I know for absolute sure have unregistered guns. You think that banning guns is going to solve gun violence? Your fucking insane. Quit living in your fantasy world. As many problems as guns can create they can equally SOLVE those problems too. GUNS don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people.

If i wanted to go up the street and hold up the fucking gas station I don't need a fucking gun I could just go get a butcher knife from the kitchen. Whats next? Banning all knives? Hammers? You will never stifle someones will to kill someone else if they intend to do it. Kill them before innocent people are killed. In a perfect world we would all be able to talk and hug it out. We aren't in a perfect world. Wake the fuck up.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Turambar
@Napalm said:

Hey guys, I know what will fix this: a better education system. Seriously. It's beep in the dumper for twenty years.

If you want to turn back time and change the past so that teachers weren't completely stripped of their role as a disciplinary figure, then be my guest.  Schools can preach about how bullying is bad, but any actual behavior changing policy will have to come from the parents as they demanded sole ownership of that role.
CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By CaptainCody

@supermonkey122 said:

So how long until this is blamed on video games?

Soon.

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By CounterShock

I didn't realize that a lot of people want to tighten gun laws, I can't really see why though.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By phrali

@Stonyman65 said:

@phrali said:

@Demoskinos said:

That's possible, but unlikely. Things like this has happened before, and no one was hurt but the bad guy. I can tell ya, I've spent a lot of time at the range and shooting with cops, and I would trust a private citizen with a gun more than I would trust a "trained" cop any day. Because to a lot of cops, guns are just part of the job and they don't practice unless they have to. People who like guns on the other hand REALLY like guns, and know how to use them.

really because i know a lot of dumbass redneck private citizens that REALLY like guns and no fucking WAY would i go to school with them if they were allowed to bring their guns

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92  Edited By Simplexity

In Norway the only guns anyone really have is hunting rifles and stuff, the police is not even armed unless there is some extreme circumstance, yet we have almost no gun related murders. Strange huh?

Though obviously this year our murder statistic is a fair bit higher then it should be for obvious unfortunate reasons.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By phrali

@Demoskinos said:

@phrali: So what? Just let innocent people die when some nutjob decides to go out in a blaze of glory? Fuck that. Shoot the motherfucker and save peoples lives. And if the person shooting the gun is trained the only person going to be shot is the whackjob. As I posted before... look at statistics. Gun bans promote violence. The UK , Austriala both gun violence went UP after the bans happened.

Even if you BAN guns they aren't hard to get ahold of I mean christ around here there are tons of people that I know for absolute sure have unregistered guns. You think that banning guns is going to solve gun violence? Your fucking insane. Quit living in your fantasy world. As many problems as guns can create they can equally SOLVE those problems too. GUNS don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people.

If i wanted to go up the street and hold up the fucking gas station I don't need a fucking gun I could just go get a butcher knife from the kitchen. Whats next? Banning all knives? Hammers? You will never stifle someones will to kill someone else if they intend to do it. Kill them before innocent people are killed. In a perfect world we would all be able to talk and hug it out. We aren't in a perfect world. Wake the fuck up.

why would you even have laws against rape, rapists don't follow laws

why is there a law against stealing cars, people that steal cars don't follow laws anyways

why should there be laws against child molesting, pedophiles don't care about the laws

DO YOU SEE HOW FUCKING RETARDED THIS IS YET?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#94  Edited By Sackmanjones
@Fajita_Jim: So your saying every time I take a piss, Im wasting ammunition? What have I done...
spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By spartanlolz92

because no one should be able to interfere on another persons right to own something that cannot harm its user or someone else if used responsibly

you could make the same arguement about free speech aswell god knows hitler killed more people with his ideas and speeches then he ever did by shooting someone

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#96  Edited By musubi

@phrali: Yes, your logic is fucking retarded. I agree. The base issue here is people murdering people which has happened since the dawn of fucking time and will continue until our species dies off the choice of weapon is irrelevant. There are laws in place against murdering people. Also, what part of banning guns makes gun violence worse do you not understand? Seriously. There is research out there go read it. I'm not pulling these statistics out of my ass 40% jump in the UK for armed robberies AFTER guns were banned.

There are plenty of law abiding citizens who own guns and don't go on killing sprees. Again, guns don't kill people. People kill people. But this logic won't sink in because people who have irrational fear of guns never listen or care to listen. GUNS EVIL DURRRR DURRR. Nice caveman logic.

kurtkless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#97  Edited By kurtkless

@supermonkey122: it already was. I live in Cleveland, am radio guy named call of duty around 2pm as one of the causes of "this kind of thing".

WaylonJennings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#98  Edited By WaylonJennings

I live in Canada and the majority of my family owns some sort of rifle or shotgun, they know many people who also own some sort of rifle or shotgun, I have never heard of a shooting or any foul play with a firearm from either party, I was taught at a young age that guns are for hunting and nothing else, if you have a problem with someone never use anything but your words or if things get to the point where you must defend yourself then use your fists, I have never fired or owned a gun as I was told by my parents when you turn 18 and you still wish to own a rifle or shotgun by all means go through the proper training to go about doing so, but until then no deal.

I have recently turned 18 and fully intend to get my firearms licence. As you can clearly tell I am not against all firearms, as they do serve a purpose eg. Hunting, Skeet shooting etc. but I am completely against civilians being able to buy military grade weapons such as M4's, M16's, any form of pistol, or machine pistol. The fact that there was a shooting should shock no one.

My condolences to the kid that died and his or her family, but seriously if you keep selling handguns and fully/semi automatic rifles to unstable people then this shit is just going to keep happening.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By matthias2437

This happened fairly close to were I live. Can't believe it, ridiculous. There is NEVER a reason to take a gun into school and shoot people, I don't give a fuck how much you think you are bullied. I was bullied a ton when I was in high school, like multiple times a day most days. I never once thought about shooting people, because I am not insane.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#100  Edited By me3639

Why? I still keep waiting for "A shooting in the senate"