• 85 results
#1 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -
#2 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

I have a habit of locking eyes with people and not letting go until they do. If I see someone looking at me I look back.  It's caused a few arguments before, but I can't help it. How do you do it?

#3 Posted by armaan8014 (5316 posts) -

C) pick nose

#4 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -
@armaan8014 said:
" C) pick nose "
Yeah, but are you staring at them while you are picking your nose, or the floor?

Mad props if you stare at them while you're flicking that shit.
#5 Posted by armaan8014 (5316 posts) -
@Fajita_Jim said:
" @armaan8014 said:
" C) pick nose "
Yeah, but are you staring at them while you are picking your nose, or the floor?Mad props if you stare at them while you're flicking that shit. "
Of course stare at them!
#6 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Touch my eyeball to freak them out.

#7 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

C.) if its a woman I start a conversation.

D.) If its a dude, I say "what?"
#8 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

I'm sure you could help not staring resolutely at complete strangers if you tried. 

#9 Edited by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Depends. If we are both just looking around and happen to make eye contact then I will just look away. If some kid or someone was staring at me because I'm fat I will stare back at them. If they don't look away I will walk up to them and ask if they need any help, or if they are hitting on me. When they say no I will say "Well you couldn't keep your eyes off me so I just assumed you wanted something." 

It's really fun doing it when they are with people, because they always get embarrassed and run off in a huff.
#10 Edited by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -
@wickedsc3 said:

" C.) if its a woman I start a conversation. D.) If its a dude, I say "what?"
"

I'll start a conversation with a woman if I'm near and she's alone (not with a guy, I mean...don't care about her girlfriends), but that's not always the case. As for guys, I must lower my brow when I lock eyes with them or something because they either shirk away or start acting defensive.
#11 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (497 posts) -
@Fajita_Jim: I throw my pokeball at them!
#12 Posted by armaan8014 (5316 posts) -
@Aronman789 said:
" Touch my ball to freak them out. "
fixed
#13 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -
@drag said:
" I'm sure you could help not staring resolutely at complete strangers if you tried.  "
Something in me says "they're trying to get my attention...maybe they want to tell me something, or something..." Growing up my mom would make this certain "look at me" face that I was suppose to find in a crowded, noisy room to see what she wanted me to do. You know the face: eyes wide open, eyebrows up, mouth partly open ready to scream obscenities at me (not really, my mom is as clean as lysol and a virgin to boot).

Now when I see someone staring at me it's all "Okay...you've got my attention now what?"
#14 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Do that thing where you give a slight smile and you flick your eyebrows up and then look away. You know what I mean.

#15 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2375 posts) -

I vary.

#16 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Probably look away, eye contact makes me very uncomfortable. Even with family or friends. I just can't keep eye contact for too long.

#17 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I nod my head and say hello. Small town manners.

#18 Edited by Vager (1653 posts) -

I would stare at the stranger while reaching into my pocket, pulling out a small device that looked like the left side of a pair of glasses. Putting this on my left eye, I would press the button on the side, causing a red piece of glass to slide out, covering it. Letting out a mechanical hum.

After a few seconds have passed, I would then slowly remove the device from my face.
Wearing a look of pure rage, I'd scream "IT'S OVER 9,000!" while crushing the scouter with my bare hands. Then run into the setting sun, never to be seen again.

#19 Posted by fodigga (123 posts) -

I usually try to avoid eye contact at all times.

#20 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

I was bullyed alot when i was younger, so i would avoid eye contact to seem more invisible. I still have a habit of not looking into peoples eyes much unless im comfortable with them. So a stranger and me, i would look away for sure.

#21 Posted by heatDrive88 (2262 posts) -

I'm reserving my vote for a poll that doesn't only include options on being a socially awkward dork.

#22 Posted by Castiel (2520 posts) -

#23 Posted by Thoseposers (773 posts) -

C.   Start taking my clothes off.

#24 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
#25 Posted by gbpackers94 (116 posts) -

I pull out my phone and pretend someones calling me.

#26 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -

I tend to avoid staring at people in the first place.

#27 Posted by dbz1995 (4789 posts) -

I was looking at some guy once and he asked me why I was making that 'faggot face'. When I replied--awkwardly-that this was my normal face, he told me to make sure that I never stared at him again.

Just sayin'.

But yeah, normally stare.

#28 Posted by BeachThunder (11636 posts) -

Oh, nothing too out of the normal, usually I just burst into tears.

#29 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
#30 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3481 posts) -

Instantly look away -- I can't stand the whole 'locked-stare' ordeal. Maybe it's a self-confidence quandary; I feel instantly intimidated and uncomfortable by just about anybody as long as they're staring directly at me... But, if it's a pretty lady, I'll admit to sneaking a few benign glances.

#31 Edited by Tyrannosaur (13 posts) -

Is the stranger hot?

#32 Posted by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

Is the person hot?  If so, nosebleed!

#33 Posted by natetodamax (19164 posts) -
@Demyx said:
" Probably look away, eye contact makes me very uncomfortable. Even with family or friends. I just can't keep eye contact for too long. "
This, although I'm fine with certain family members
#34 Posted by Hashbrowns (649 posts) -
@PrivateIronTFU said:
"

I nod my head and say hello. Small town manners.

"

Exactly.  I look everyone I meet in the eye and acknowledge them.  It's just basic courtesy.  Bunch of shifty ne'er-do-wells around here.
#35 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
" I tend to avoid staring at people in the first place. "
This. 
#36 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@wickedsc3 said:
" C.) if its a woman I start a conversation.
"
i wish i was such an alpha male with big balls.. i envy you man. fucking envy you
#37 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I don't stare at people, but when I'm looking around, and my eyes happen to pass by somebody they almost always look at me and it probably looks like I'm staring at them.

#38 Edited by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Look away because strangers are creepy.

This could happen to you if you take candy from strangers.     EDIT: This picture is from the movie The Strangers.
#39 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

I do the pleasantly faint passerby smile a very small nod downward, although I look away too quickly most times to see their reaction.

#40 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

Depends on if they're good looking.

#41 Posted by harinosho (591 posts) -

normally i just nod my head or say "sup, dude"

#42 Posted by Stonyman65 (2569 posts) -

you should lock eyes, and then run your tongue around your lips or make kissy faces.   That should be interesting.   Lets us know how that turns out. 

#43 Posted by RLLink (367 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

" I nod my head and say hello. Small town manners. "

@Demyx said:

" Probably look away, eye contact makes me very uncomfortable. "

These. It varies, of course.
#44 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

I tell them of my love for shorts and challenge them to a battle.

#45 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @wickedsc3 said:
" C.) if its a woman I start a conversation.
"
i wish i was such an alpha male with big balls.. i envy you man. fucking envy you "
lol alpha male.  How hard is it to say hi??  
#46 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

Depends who was looking at who first. The one who was looking first should be the one to stop, imo. 

#47 Posted by Brendan (7663 posts) -

Fornicate.

#48 Posted by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -

Depends on the person. Lately I've been trying to keep eye contact with people I know, just because before I felt that eye contact was always uncomfortable.

#49 Posted by Darknaut (126 posts) -

Slightly bow my head and keep on doing whatever it is I was doing. If they're closer and within earshot, I'll throw out a polite good morning/afternoon/evening before going back to my own business. I maintain fairly solid eye contact with people I know when talking with them, but keeping the same eye contact with strangers feels a little too awkward for my tastes.

#50 Posted by NegativeCero (2972 posts) -

I kind of want to know how long you stared that you got into a fight. 

I tend to look away though.