I start every work out by moving 2 flat benches about 5 feet apart then doing the splits between them. You're welcome.
On a serious note I typically warm up with 4 sets of 250m row, 25 push up as fast as possible then 4 sets of 1 min crawling on a Jacob's Ladder as fast as possible followed by 50 air squats. Honestly if it were me and I hadn't worked out in a long time and wanted to play it safe, I would just kill myself with body weight exercises for the first 2 to 3 workouts.
seeing as the road is free to use and i have a rowing machine I would start off with most of those cable weight machines which I dont have access to, then step up a regimental mix between cardio and weight days. That is if I had a gym pass which im looking in to
Probably the elliptical because I need to work on my cardio and the leg muscles are some of the weakest muscles in my body right now so those are top priority. After that would be one of those all-in-one weight machines (I actually have one of those at my house) to work on my biceps/shoulder/back muscles.
Luckily for me I'm built pretty solid upper body wise, so weight lifting isn't really an issue as much as getting my fat ass out and running... Cardio is most important for me right now and thats the part I hate the most lol...
Losing this weight is gonna suck.......
I take it light when getting back to it for the first time in a while. Lower weight, lower reps, give it a few days and start to pick it up. If I'm at a gym I might check out some upper body machines at first. At home I'll do my typical free weight routine. Always lift before cardio.
I usually won't start with cardio if it's been awhile. My asthma is bad enough that I feel like I'd die if I did that. Instead, I do "home" workouts (sit ups, push ups, pull ups) for a week or two and then start with running 3 days a week. So, for this poll: bench press (most similar to push ups, I guess).
It's clearly a very well executed subtle troll... I hope.
It was meant as a half troll, considering how much alcohol I've watched all the duders drink over the years. Just figured a good majority of their fanbase drank as well. Nothing more has an effect on my torso than beer. I do situps before anything else after waking in the morning. It keeps my abs in shape and keeps down the belly I'd have if I didn't. I've actually lost a little over 20 lbs in just a week doing situps only. Granted I was younger then and didn't eat much that week.
I like to do upper body only one day and lower body only the next. Rinse and repeat.
I usually like to use the elliptical, but it broke so now I'm back to weight training. I'll list the things I like to do when I workout.
1. Wear my 20 lbs weight vest. (Can make the workout abit more intense, burn more calories, but will leave me with some snapback action in my shoulders after awhile)
2. I'll warm my body up by doing a series of stretches. Then do 100 jumping jacks, after that I'll jump up hit the floor do 12 push ups and repeat for 5 sets, then a series of 50 or 100 situps will follow. Doing all that while wearing the vest.
3. I'll do compound movements with the dumbells. It could range from working my triceps, shoulders, arms, legs. It really would depend on my mood, but usually I'll do 15 reps and 5 sets. Sometimes I might do more, but depends on how I feel, and yes while wearing the vest.
4. Using the weight machines can come in handy. I might do lat pulldowns, overhead presses, or shoulder presses depending on my mood.
5. As for Cardio it was the elliptical, but now I'm stuck with that heart exploding StairMaster. I can manage doing 40 minutes on it. Unless I develop my body to the point where I can stand it better. Unlike the elliptical I can stay on that machine for an hour or two. While having the resistance up to 15 or 20. Sometimes I can burn up to about 890 calories, and I can go beyond that if I choose to stay longer which I have plenty of times.
Anyway I hope to get the rest of this fat off me this coming year. Even though I've gotten hella lean. I still have the issue of the man boobs and small gut even though I'm 210. I can't tell if its excess skin or not. If it doesn't go away once I reach 185 or lower. I might have to go ahead and get that shit cut off. If I'm about to get some suga walls I don't want to look sloppy. I want to make sure my shit is nice and tight.
my warm up is usually the threadmil, and then planking or what ever its called where you lay on your arms and toes and hold your back straight for as long as i can for 2 sets, then i start with the leg press, after that its just what ever is avaliable, the leg press is really often empty and i always focus on my legs and back, since i dont care about looking big, the strength is just useful in my job