Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BiggerBomb
The walls were shaking,
The earth was quaking,
My mind was aching,
And we were making when you,
Shook Me All Night Long!

Sorry, the lyrical preface is necessary....

I went to an AC/DC concert last night! BAM! It blew my mind, literally. I am a rock & roll boy, a music lover, and one of those who is really hurt by the tragic turn of modern music. I've remained largely pessimistic on the subject and never believed that I would be able to see AC/DC live, I thought I missed that boat by a couple of decades. I was wrong, oh so wonderfully wrong.

It was brilliant, they are brilliant. The crew is as energetic as ever, as talented as ever, and no element of their performance and ability has been lost with the times. One of the most moving elements of the concert was the sheer aura, for lack of a better term, of pure excitement and joy the band exuded. They love what they do and the guys had fun, at the end of the day that's really what matters. They have chemistry with eachother and their fans and it's beautiful. From the giant blow-up doll in lingerie, masturbating (seriously,) to Angus Young stripping down to his shorts and mooning the crowd with his AC/DC boxers, the rock really rolled.

As I sang along with the music and pumped my fist, the audience went wild and the IZOD center flashed with the red light of electric horns so many viewers were wearing; I myself donned a "For Those About To Rock..." AC/DC t-shirt and wore the garb with pride.

A week earlier, my brother and I were talking about the concert in a state of feverish anticipation. He brought up an interesting point and it stands true. It goes like this, if you ever go to a concert, any concert, most bands (even the great ones) will play anywhere from two to four hits and the remainder of the set list will be random songs placed as filler; however, AC/DC is unique in this regard. The band doesn't have very many bad songs, in fact they have so few that I can count them on one hand. They played everything, with the unfortunate exception of "It's A Long Way To The Top." The list included:

-TNT
-Highway To Hell
-Hell's Bells
-Thunderstruck
-Back in Black
-Shoot To Thrill
-You Shook Me All Night Long
-For Those About To Rock

And many, many more.

I left both my voice and hearing in New Jersey, but I brought home an unforgettable experience. It was great to see Brian Johnson going crazy as he jumped around the stage with each pelvic thrust, fist-pounding and high-fiving the audience members, playing air guitar next to Angus as solo after solo ripped the stage apart. The bass was wild and when I tried to count the amplifiers I finally said, "Fuck it," there were too many to count. The floor, my beer, and my heart shook from the blasting music and the everbinding rule of AC/DC was proven once more. The rule being, this: The louder the AC/DC, the better the AC/DC. And this is one rule without an exception.

It was amazing to see a very aged Angus Young, doing his famous guitar-solo skip across the stage and jerking around on the ground, laying on his back as he tore away at the strings of his Gibson SG.

The concert concluded with an epic encore of "For Those About To Rock," as the band urged the crowd to sing along and the canons fired off in the 21-gun-salute! This whole blog probably resounds with a cheesy tone, cheesy language, and a cheesy narration. You know what? I don't care! It was amazing, really g-damn fucking amazing!

AC/DC is a legendary band and they know how to throw a legendary concert. An epic display of talent, excitement, and nostalgia make this one of the greatest experiences of my life. 5 Stars, AC/DC, 5 Stars! You rocked and I salute you!

FIRE!
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb
The walls were shaking,
The earth was quaking,
My mind was aching,
Shook Me All Night Long!

I went to an AC/DC concert last night! BAM! It blew my mind, literally. I am a rock & roll boy, a music lover, and one of those who is really hurt by the tragic turn of modern music. I've remained largely pessimistic on the subject and never believed that I would be able to see AC/DC live, I thought I missed that boat by a couple of decades. I was wrong, oh so wonderfully wrong.

It was brilliant, they are brilliant. The crew is as energetic as ever, as talented as ever, and no element of their performance and ability has been lost with the times. One of the most moving elements of the concert was the sheer aura, for lack of a better term, of pure excitement and joy the band exuded. They love what they do and the guys had fun, at the end of the day that's really what matters. They have chemistry with eachother and their fans and it's beautiful. From the giant blow-up doll in lingerie, masturbating (seriously,) to Angus Young stripping down to his shorts and mooning the crowd with his AC/DC boxers, the rock really rolled.

As I sang along with the music and pumped my fist, the audience went wild and the IZOD center flashed with the red light of electric horns so many viewers were wearing; I myself donned a "For Those About To Rock..." AC/DC t-shirt and wore the garb with pride.

A week earlier, my brother and I were talking about the concert in a state of feverish anticipation. He brought up an interesting point and it stands true. It goes like this, if you ever go to a concert, any concert, most bands (even the great ones) will play anywhere from two to four hits and the remainder of the set list will be random songs placed as filler; however, AC/DC is unique in this regard. The band doesn't have very many bad songs, in fact they have so few that I can count them on one hand. They played everything, with the unfortunate exception of "It's A Long Way To The Top." The list included:

-TNT
-Highway To Hell
-Hell's Bells
-Thunderstruck
-Back in Black
-Shoot To Thrill
-For Those About To Rock

And many, many more.

I left both my voice and hearing in New Jersey, but I brought home an unforgettable experience. It was great to see Brian Johnson going crazy as he jumped around the stage with each pelvic thrust, fist-pounding and high-fiving the audience members, playing air guitar next to Angus as solo after solo ripped the stage apart. The bass was wild and when I tried to count the amplifiers I finally said, "Fuck it," there were too many to count. The floor, my beer, and my heart shook from the blasting music and the everbinding rule of AC/DC was proven once more. The rule being, this: The louder the AC/DC, the better the AC/DC. And this is one rule without an exception.

It was amazing to see a very aged Angus Young, doing his famous guitar-solo skip across the stage and jerking around on the ground, laying on his back as he tore away at the strings of his Gibson SG.

The concert concluded with an epic encore of "For Those About To Rock," as the band urged the crowd to sing along and the canons fired off in the 21-gun-salute! This whole blog probably resounds with a cheesy tone, cheesy language, and a cheesy narration. You know what? I don't care! It was amazing, really g-damn fucking amazing!

AC/DC is a legendary band and they know how to throw a legendary concert. An epic display of talent, excitement, and nostalgia make this one of the greatest experiences of my life. 5 Stars, AC/DC, 5 Stars! You rocked and I salute you!

FIRE!
thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By thebeast

Sounds amazing, I envy you!

They're coming to the UK in April - I'm hoping for a chance to get a few tickets...
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm going to see them in april. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm a huge AC/DC fan. They're awesome.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By danielkempster

Awesome stuff man, I know exactly where you're coming from. Like you, my musical tastes are firmly rooted in rock and I strongly believe that the old stuff is the best. Unfortunately I won't be going to see AC/DC when they come here in April (student budget doesn't allow it, and I'm already seeing Paul Weller in March). I completely get what you mean, though. Last June I went to Wembley Arena to see The Who live. They're by far my favourite band, and the performance absolutely blew me away. Like you and AC/DC, I thought I'd missed my chance to ever see them, but even though only half the original band remains, Pete and Roger both noticeably enjoy what they do a lot more than most modern bands.

Glad you had a great time and it's great that you managed to fulfil one of your dreams. Keep rocking.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

I saw them in 85, when I was in the Navy. Yngwie Malmsteen was the opening act, it was a pretty awesome night.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gameboi
BiggerBomb said:
I am a rock & roll guy, a music lover, and one of those who is really hurt by the tragic turn of modern music.
I know exactly what you mean.  I'm having a hard time accepting that a large portion of modern metal bands refuse to sing, and resort to low-pitched demonic sounding growls instead.  How times change...
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Clean

ACDC is a good band. I hope Chinese Democracry doesn't suck.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiggerBomb

Chinese Democracy is the new Guns N' Roses album, Black Ice is the new AC/DC album.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
BiggerBomb said:
" Black Ice is the new AC/DC album."
And it doesn't suck.
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By demonbear

I have a lot of respect for these guys. Love the music I own 5,6 albums myself. It is pure hard rock and inspired rock n roll. Plus, Black Ice is a great Rock n Roll album for guys their age. Loved it.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Man, my jealously of you continues!

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Verdugo

Concerts are fucking awesome:D. I might see AC\DC in March (as soon as I find tickets online:P).

Good stuff man.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb

Sarkeen, no need for that. TheGamerGeek, if you knew me you wouldn't be too jealous. Everyone has their demons, they always balance the positives. I'm just lucky that my dad pounced on those tickets fast. AC/DC pwned the place.

Verdugo...get on it! It is so worth it!

krazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By krazychris

I hear they're rumoured for Download 09 and me and my friends will proberly be going so hopfully AC/DC will go (I mean one of their live albums were recorded there I think so they proberly like the place)

As for modern music I agree a lot of it is trash, there are some diamonds in the rough but mainly trash thats why I maily listen to older rock and ska. 

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By daniel_beck_90

sounds like you had hell of a fun  -feels jealous-

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb

Fun doesn't even begin to describe it!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By toowalrus

That's cool. I saw Van Halen awhile back. Classic rock still rocks. I do think Young is getting a little old for that schoolboy outfit. Time to move on.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kmdrkul
BiggerBomb said:
"The walls were shaking,
The earth was quaking,
My mind was aching,
Shook Me All Night Long!

-TNT
-Highway To Hell
-Hell's Bells
-Thunderstruck
-Back in Black
-Shoot To Thrill
-For Those About To Rock

And many, many more.

FIRE!"
Awesome dude!  I see them December 11th (I think?) in Los Angeles.  Love to see some AC/DC love here at GB.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Black_Rose
Clean said:
"ACDC is a good band. I hope Chinese Democracry doesn't suck."
Chinese Democracy is Guns n' Roses >_>
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BiggerBomb

TooWalrus, Young will never be too old for that outfit. That's like asking Master Chief to try a different suit.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By clubsandwich
sarkeen said:
"ACDC sucks."
yeah and soulja boy totally rocks, right? gtfo
sounds like you had an awesome time

*is jealous*
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bulldog19892

Glad you had fun. I can't say I share your sentiments though, considering I hate ACDC and love the direction modern rock is going. Just look at Radiohead, and The Mars Volta.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By ThomasP

Oh, shit! Congratz. That would be A1++ epicness. I hope they played Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BiggerBomb

Damn straight they did, it was badass.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kmdrkul

I see AC/DC tonight at the Forum! So excited :D

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By dsplayer1010

I went to one a few weeks ago. It was amazing!

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BiggerBomb

Well, this blog was made a few weeks ago. We might have gone to the same one. New Jersey?

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By uberpwner93

I had a friend recently see them in DC. He said it was amazing. But then again, I might see Metallica in January.