• 188 results
SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By SmilingPig

On my 18 birthday my sister and her boyfriend had made me try a wide range of alcohols, and it turns out that I don’t really like the taste.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By dropabombonit

Love a social drink with friends but won't drink by myself. Usually just beer and cider

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By MeierTheRed

@SmilingPig said:

On my 18 birthday my sister and her boyfriend had made me try a wide range of alcohols, and it turns out that I don’t really like the taste.

I'm 30 and i think most alcohol taste like shit. I don't even enjoy beers.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By Drebin_893

@CaLe said:

@SharkEthic said:

@CaLe said:

I think people who drink alcohol are selfish fools but that's just me.

Yep, that's just you.

In the whole world? I doubt it.

Well, no. I'm sure there are some other people who are just as mind-blowingly ignorant as you are.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By cookiemonster

I probably wouldn't have as many friends as I do if it wasn't for getting drunk, going out and meeting people. I'm not the most socially adept person, but I loosen up a lot once I get a few drinks down me.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Pezen

Well, I'm Swedish so...

I'm going to partake in some KISS DESTROYER beer tonight to some BBQ, maybe a couple of bottles of Pistonhead and chili nuts, and maybe even some Mjöd (mead) with a piece of pie.

So, basically doing it low-key. No, alcohol isn't overrated, you just have to find your thing and then don't.. drink too much or else shit happens that, well, isn't always good.

Overall I don't drink too often, and most of the time it's like tonight, a couple of beers and maybe some mead or wine while having good food and such. But once in a while, I do what I used to do when I was in my late teens or early 20s which was to get hammered and cause way too much trouble as the rest of the Swedish population do Friday, Saturday and Wednesday (aka "Saturday Jr"). Well, most of the population.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Christoffer

I like sipping on a nice alcoholic beverages. I'm 31 so I had some time to find my favourites (mainly brands of whisky and beer). I find it really sad that the first things some people think of, when they hear the word "alcohol", are drunks and alcoholics. It's like thinking of fat people when hearing the word "soft drink" (something I don't like at all actually, too sweet for me).

Edit: Also, I'm swedish so "Den som inte helan tar han heller inte halvan får"

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By CheapPoison

Don't like it, never have never will.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By fugie7

Yes!

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Andorski

A vast majority of people don't use it correctly.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By Morrow

Yes.

I never drink and always have a great time :)

Alcohol can help shy people to loosen up, but if you are a generally open and extroverted person, you don't need it.

It doesn't even taste good in my opinion. I started experimenting with Cocktails, but most just aren't my taste...

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Example1013

@pyromagnestir: I'm laughing so hard right now dude, you don't even know. Seriously, step back and take a few deep breaths, you're getting really worked up over nothing lol

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#113  Edited By Red12b

@pyromagnestir said:

@Example1013: Oh right. Because that's so much worse than a drunk asshole hitting you with his car and driving off... If only people blindly accepted drinking was perfectly safe and worthwhile pastime without discussing what harm it could cause and making threads about that on the internet (which apparently you have to click on because if you don't your life will immediately cease, as it's not hunger or thirst that keeps you going, it's looking at threads on video game websites about drinking. either that or someones holding a gun to your head and demanding you click on them and read every last disparaging word about your beloved alcohol.) your life would be soooooooooooooo much better.

Or how about you just DON'T CLICK ON IT YOU DUMB FUCK!

let me try that again:

If you don't like it DON'T CLICK ON IT YOU DUMB FUCK!

Hell it's not like it was disguised. If you see a thread title that say "Is alcohol overrated?" or the like, and you know there will be people saying things about it's negative affects, because they fucking exist, and all that, and that bothers you then don't fucking click the fucking thread! Especially if your only desired contribution to the thread is to sarcastically suggest having such a discussion is more stupid than "blindly" praising said alcohol, because who's alcohol ever hurt, really? Nobody that's who!

and that's the last response on this topic you'll get from me...

wow.....

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By FirePrince

I personally enjoy drinking, and when I drink I don't drink so much that I puke in the first 15 minutes, and I enjoy what I drink.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By FritzDude

I don't drink alcohol and I've never touched alcohol excessively or been intoxicated. As such I guess I think alcohol is overrated, but that doesn't mean I hate people who can take a pint once in a while. You know your own boundaries better than me.

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By mikethekilla

Well I just turned 21 today so I'll be finding out.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117  Edited By Milkman

Getting drunk is pretty rad but not getting drunk can be just as (if not more) rad.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Aetheldod

Yes .... most of it tastes like crap so I dont see why it is so consumed , but to each its own

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Clonedzero

i drink, i love beer, its overrated by teenagers and college students. after that its not super highly rated.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Nadril

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

@Nadril said:

@tread311 said:

Beer or any alcholic drink does not have to be tackled with the "down that shit" mentality. Plenty of us genuinely enjoy the stuff for the taste and even more so now with the increasing popularity of craft beer. To try one or two of the generics and form the opinion that you don't like beer is fairly silly as there are many different styles that all taste wildly different. You just have to figure out what appeals to you.

Agreed. Craft Beer is fucking awesome. I used to think I didn't like beer (and yeah, it is an acquired taste much like anything really good) but once I started to branch out I found out stuff that is better than the big macro brews.

These wise sages speaks the truth. If you're unsure on beer, read up on it at places like BeerAdvocate, and research the different breweries and styles. You might not like regular old Bud (and, really, you shouldn't) but might like other kind of lagers, pale ales, IPAs, double IPAs (also known as Beer of the Gods), pilsners, porters, or stouts. And, shit, there's all sorts of variations within just those broad types too. You don't have to drink it to get runner up to prom queen drunk, and in fact, it's often much more enjoyable to have a really good beer paired with food. Shit is dope.

Double IPA's are the shit. So glad I have a great craft beer store like 5 miles away that has stuff like Ruination and Hopsecutioner there :P.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Yep.

Never had a drink and don't plan on starting. I always have a good time when i go out so I don't really see the need, but that's just me. It's mostly just for health reasons though. I'm not a freaking Olympian or anything, but, personally, the positives of not-drinking seem to outweigh the negatives by a wide margin.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By falserelic

First time I drank beer was when I was 10. I had alcohol and wine when I was 14 or 15. When I turned 19 I had red wine on my birthday. My dad is a alcoholic and from time to time he would share his drinks with me. I don't care to much for drinking. Its not something I would want to get into.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By uhtaree

Getting drunk is overrated, but I've been over 21 for almost ten years so and have had some borderline alcoholic periods here and there throughout that time. I'm sick of hangovers and don't get anything out of going out to dive bars anymore to mingle with generally awful people. I have settled into a nice life enjoying one or two craft beers in the evening. The wonderful array of craft beers concocted throughout the land is a special thing.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By FacelessVixen

Yeah, but it doesn't stop me from having a weekly drink.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By kindgineer

I've drank a couple of drinks (not many) across my life and feel that it's more habitual than it is "enjoying" it. Subjectivity, as always.

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

@Marokai said:

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

If you don't like it, good for you but you don't need to be a preachy douche about how you don't like drinking.

In general I find the opposite attitude to be more prevalent.

Have you seen the threads on the topic of alcohol on this forum before? It always involves people who don't drink taking a holier than thou stance.

You obviously care a lot if you are able to post such an emotional line of text. If it isn't affecting you, than you wouldn't respond, nor care.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#126  Edited By AngelN7

Beer taste like crap so yeah most alcoholic beverages taste like crap (to me) I do drink when social standards demands it , because I rather drink a few beers than having people nagging me about not driking for a whole night.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped drinking when I turned 21.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I stopped drinking this year at the age of 24. Best decision I've ever made, now I get to have just as much fun on a night out without having to write off the next day. I even had a beer last weekend; only managed half of it before being pretty happy in my decision to not drink.

I was a pretty heavy drinker before this. I used to drink a 6pack a night while watching Star Wars in the week, then get fucked up every weekend. Stupid times.

Now I just need to stop smoking.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By BraveToaster

I don't like the way alcohol tastes, nor do I like getting drunk. It seems pointless to me.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By MikkaQ

Just a tiny bit overrated. I still like it, but I don't feel quite as concerned about it as my fellow twenty-somethings.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Skytylz

I drink like Jeff, I don't do it often but when I do I go all out. That said, it's getting rarer and rarer when I do so.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#132  Edited By Seppli

I always say...

The only vice worth keeping are whores.

Isn't that what all the drinking is about in the first place?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#133  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@GunslingerPanda said:

I stopped drinking this year at the age of 24. Best decision I've ever made, now I get to have just as much fun on a night out without having to write off the next day. I even had a beer last weekend; only managed half of it before being pretty happy in my decision to not drink.

That's just pussy talk friend. But then again, beer is pretty disgusting, you need to go for the heavy stuff.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Sploder

I don't drink very often but when I do, I tend to go way overboard.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#135  Edited By Vinny_Says

Can someone explain to me the point of drinking to the point of writing off the next day? Is it just that people can't control themselves?

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By mandude

@Vinny_Says said:

Can someone explain to me the point of drinking to the point of writing off the next day? Is it just that people can't control themselves?

The only reason I think could possibly justify erasing entire days is that you have a terrible life.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#137  Edited By Hunter5024

My body is a temple which needs to be kept pure for the coming of The Gentle One. Alcohol is a servant of evil and I will partake in no such temptations, lest I be cast out during The Great Purge. I see from reading this thread that many of you walk the Path of Pain, and I offer you my tears when the time for your comeuppance is upon us.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By AssInAss

@light_grenade said:

@AssInAss: Actually red wine helps blood vessels stay healthy, and cleans the blood. In moderation of course.

You seem to be right on this, according to this recent research article (Alcohol and Cardiovascular Disease, April 2012) it has more protective effect versus non-drinkers' vessels. Of course, only for low to moderate consumption, and chronic drinking has the opposite effect. Red wine more protective for certain vascular functions like the anti-oxidant properties of its polyphenols.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By MAGZine

Overrated? Yes. The devil? No.

I usually don't feel so well after consuming lots of alcohol (not an easy transition for me from "buzzing" to "hammered"), but that doesn't stop me from enjoying a drink. I've been trying a variety of drinks and find it fun. I love trying new things, so alcohol is the perfect opportunity to try new things. Just the other night I made myself my first martini, and learned how to create lemon twists. And even more recently, I went and fresh-picked mint leaves and made myself a mojito.

The people who say "yes, and I've never drunk" opinions are pretty baseless, because I'm definitely a proponent of don't judge something until you've tried it. (Don't knock it until you try it!) I'm not saying you need to get wasted to judge alcohol, but you should put in an honest effort to learn it. Drinking is a social activity, so it's good to know what you like for no other reason than it allow you to be social. I used to be totally "no, I don't drink. at all," but really, there is nothing to fear unless if you have a medical condition (or allergy), or unless if alcoholism runs in your family.

Those complaining about social pressures when it comes to drinking, I totally understand that being annoying. Find people who respect alcohol, and it'll be much better. (respecting alcohol does not mean that you can't get drunk! Rather, it means that you don't take every opportunity to abuse it)

Cheers! *tink*

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#140  Edited By ajamafalous

I'm currently enjoying an ice cold refreshing Dos Equis with my roommate after a long week. 

Next up: Dota 2

Tryptophan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Tryptophan

I am truly saddened to hear you are prohibited from the Sauce. I do not drink much myself, but I love a good IPA as often as I can. Hop Stoopid, Ranger, Sierra Nevada and so on. The more bitter the better. I love beer.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#142  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Alcohol can be pretty darn enjoyable but yeah, I do think it's at least a little overrated. I think a lot of the people who really hype alcohol to be the best thing in the world forget that in a lot of their positive experiences with alcohol, atmosphere, the people around them, and other factors have probably played a large part to.

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By blindisaac

I enjoy drinking in a social setting at school and at home when I hang out with my friends from high school. Sometimes I get a little out of hand with it but not enough to say I binge drink.

beef_melody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By beef_melody

There's way more fun things than drinking in this world, so yeah.

light_grenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By light_grenade

@AssInAss: Of course moderation is always key. That's a pretty interesting link. Might have a bit of a read. Cheers.

That being said my 1st year of uni... Damn

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By innacces14

I'm 22 and had my first bottle of beer at my trip to Vegas about 2 weekends ago. Decided to go with a 22oz bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale. Strong stuff and my friends were really put off by it when I let them have a sip, but I finished the thing and liked it. Haven't had a sip since and I was at a party last weekend, but to be honest the one thing I was looking forward to the day I drank was the pizza my friends and I bought at the Gary Whitta approved Secret Pizza. Now that shit was fuckin' good. ^^

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By InternetCrab

I only drink on weekends and such.

I personally think alcohol is good, but it has waaaay to much praise from some people.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#148  Edited By ManMadeGod

@Marokai said:

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

@Marokai said:

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

If you don't like it, good for you but you don't need to be a preachy douche about how you don't like drinking.

In general I find the opposite attitude to be more prevalent.

Have you seen the threads on the topic of alcohol on this forum before? It always involves people who don't drink taking a holier than thou stance.

I suppose it does depend on the setting, but in general I've found more people treat me like a weirdo for choosing not to drink much than seeing people be preachy assholes. Both are really stupid and neither side should care about someone's personal drinking or smoking habits except to say they should be responsible. That's not a sexy opinion, I know, but I think people forget how stupid and weird shaming others for not drinking is. Peer pressure doesn't just exist in pamphlets or after school specials.

Definitely this. The first thing I always hear is "then what do you do". Ok buddy, fuck off. I also have heard that quote in the first post quite a bit. Because you know, the only way to have fun/feel good is to be drunk. I have never met a "preachy douche" in real life.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#149  Edited By crusader8463

I think people that brag about getting drunk all the time are such sad and pathetic individuals. It's expensive, tastes like shit, makes you feel like shit and it's slowly killing you. A couple hours of "feeling good" is not worth the above mentioned in my opinion. I have nothing against it though. As long as you don't get drunk and drive, or start being an asshole and hurting or bothering people, than more the power to ya.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#150  Edited By buzz_killington

I haven't had a sip in my life, and I understand its place as an 'excuse juice' for people to act uninhibited. But I personally think if you're secure enough, you can be a slut or act like an asshole righteously without being drunk.