• 55 results
#1 Edited by Aegon (5405 posts) -

What is it? I have a certain amount of nostalgia for Sleeping Fist. That kid does some crazy stuff, like at 2:08.

#2 Posted by Gooddoggy (409 posts) -

I really like Invincible Armor.

#3 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

Master of the Flying Guillotine.

Bar None.

#4 Posted by mordukai (7140 posts) -

Anything with boobies.

#5 Posted by OhdK2 (48 posts) -

Fong Sai Yuk is pretty awesome. In the first 5 minutes the bad guy literally rips another someone's face off with his bare hand. I usually remember the movie as "face-rip."

#6 Posted by Aegon (5405 posts) -

@Mordukai said:

Anything with boobies.

I'm unfamiliar with that type of Kung-Fu movie.

#7 Posted by Hairy_Fish (366 posts) -

A bit on the nose but Fist of Fury.

#8 Posted by mordukai (7140 posts) -

@H2Oyea said:

@Mordukai said:

Anything with boobies.

You wanna tell me that from all the thousands and thousands of Kung-Fu movies there's not even one that has some good booby action?

#9 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Game of Death.

#10 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

I don't watch a lot of Kung Fu, but I saw The Shaolin and the Wu Tang and liked it a lot.

#11 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Anything Bruce Lee is in, He is the GOD of Kung Fu Movies. If its comedy, Then Kung Pao enter the fist.

#12 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -

Dow Kung Pow count? If not, either the Rush Hour movies, or Shao-Lin Soccer/Kung-Fu Hustle.

#13 Posted by Constable_Wiggum (103 posts) -

Riki-Oh - The Story of Ricky, the infamous head smash is just the tip of the iceberg on this little gem.

#14 Posted by gamefreak9 (2344 posts) -
#15 Posted by JA050N (127 posts) -

Legend of the Drunken Master

#16 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Who Am I?

#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Shaolin Drunken Monk is a pretty perfect example of terribly dubbed kung fu movies with hilarious sound effects and entertaining enough combat. Pretty funny fight at 7:00:

#18 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

Drunken Master! The one with Jackie Chan.

#19 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

@JA050N said:

That as well as Kung Fu Hustle for me.

#20 Edited by Nitrocore (369 posts) -
#22 Posted by crusader8463 (14414 posts) -

I think it's called the something bronze or the bronze something. I got it at some yard sale as a kid and I remember this scene where a monk has to lift a red hot caldron with nothing but the in side of his arms and the burn leaves a marking symbolizing he passed the test and is some super monk/kug fu guy.

#23 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -
@Dany said:

Who Am I?

I second this. (or maybe third because I'm too lazy to look through other comments)
#24 Posted by RedCricketChase (443 posts) -

Too drunk to read thru all the other posts (sprry sorry ok but kung Fu Hustle is pretty fun its pretty cartoony tho if you're not into that. i love giant bomb dot com cus they are easygoing and i duno i would buy them anything. ok

#25 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

@JA050N said:

I second this.

#26 Posted by uniform (1832 posts) -

Five Deadly Venoms

#27 Edited by Hector (3356 posts) -

Don't know if "Hero" counts as one but if it does then that's my choice.

#28 Posted by super2j (1654 posts) -

@Dany: thanks, now i have to go watch that movie again......(that clip was sooo good, they dont make them like they used to....)

My all time favourite has to be shaolin soccer or potentially Kung fu hustle.....who am I tho, especially after that clip, is also a possibility.

#29 Posted by Itwastuesday (935 posts) -

I'm sure some hardcore kung-fu aficianado who was actually alive to see these movies come out would find my tastes pedestrian, but I really really enjoyed watching Fist of Fury/the Chinese Connection

@BrockNRolla said:

Game of Death.

When I first saw this movie, I had no idea about its legacy. A lot of "WTF IS THIS SHIT" moments when I watched it that made it a lot of fun. THEY USED FOOTAGE FROM BRUCE LEE'S ACTUAL FUNERAL HOW LOW CAN YOU GET

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075859/

oh. THAT'S how low.

#30 Edited by PenguinDust (12454 posts) -

The Jackie Chan Police Story movies with number 3, Super Cop at the top because it co-stars Michelle Yeoh and the pair do some great stunts. After that Jet Li's The Legend (aka Fong Sai-Yuk) and its sequel. I mention a few more in this relatively recent Screened thread: Go a Martial Arts Itch.

@H2Oyea said:

@Mordukai said:

Anything with boobies.

Lady Ninja Kasumi

Apparently, you haven't seen enough Japanese female ninja movies.

#31 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -
#32 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Black Mask with Jet Li.

#33 Posted by Meltac (1999 posts) -

Kung Fu Panda

#34 Posted by Laksa (240 posts) -

@MikkaQ: i clicked on play and ended up watching the entire movie. Thank you.

#35 Posted by Edmundus (256 posts) -

@Fajita_Jim said:

Drunken Master! The one with Jackie Chan.

I agree with this man.

#36 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#37 Posted by spazmaster666 (1965 posts) -

It's between Drunken Master II and Fist of Legend. Both have some pretty awesome fight sequences.

#38 Posted by CornBREDX (4821 posts) -

Jet Li's Fearless is my favorite all time. I think it's his masterpiece.
Big Boss is a great Bruce Lee flick and one of my favorites from the 70s. 
Drunken Master is the highlight of Jackie Chan's career I think. 

Mine are all the popular ones I guess, but I wasn't big enough into kung fu as a kid to know the more obscure stuff. The Streetfighter movies (no, not that one- the Sonny Chiba ones) were really good, as well as most of the old John Woo flicks but I'm no aficionado on those.

#39 Edited by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Kind of torn between Jackie Chan's film 'Who Am I?' & this film, Encounters of the Spooky Kind.

#40 Posted by Farmer (328 posts) -

@Ketchupp said:

@JA050N said:

I second this.

Absolutely. This film is hench.

#41 Edited by ParamedicFoetus (62 posts) -
#42 Posted by bartok (2425 posts) -

Ricky O

#43 Posted by Owlhead (152 posts) -

@Constable_Wiggum: Have to ask, did you see that before or after the Cinema Snob episode?

As for my choice, I enjoy most kung-fu flicks, but because I can I'm gonna pick Black Dynamite

#44 Edited by LastNinja (281 posts) -

Ip Man 1 & 2 with Donnie Yen are pretty awesome. But my personal all time favorite has to be Big Boss (Fists of Fury)

Outside of kung-fu the best one in my opinion is Undisputed III: Redemption

#45 Posted by DavieLove (12 posts) -

Fist of the White Lotus and The 36th Chamber of Shaolin both starring Gordon Liu are pretty good if you're into Shaw Brothers stuff.

Also most of Jackie Chan's late 80's early 90's films, especially the ones he did with Yuen Biao and Sammo Hung.

#46 Edited by Constable_Wiggum (103 posts) -

@Owlhead: To be honest, I'd never heard of Cinema Snob before now. I used to watch a lot of the movies from BadMovies.org, which I assume predates TheCinemaSnob by quite a bit as I've been visiting that site for close to a decade. I've always loved REALLY GREAT bad movies.

Edit: That being said, I just watched the Cinema Snob episode... Nice...

#47 Posted by jjnen (660 posts) -

@JA050N said:

You're correct, sir.

#48 Posted by The_Ruiner (1018 posts) -

Fist of legend

#49 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Night of the Dragon, discs kinda scratched though, last time I let my friend borrow it!

#50 Posted by YI_Orange (1133 posts) -

Legend of the Drunken Master is pretty great, but I think my favorite has to be the first Ong-Bak. The first IP Man is really great too.