• 85 results
#51 Posted by Hector (3355 posts) -

The Giant Bomb crew, plain and simple.

#52 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Forums, Vinny, and sometimes decent reviews.

#53 Posted by Rihanna (85 posts) -

The E3 nightly broadcasts.

#54 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

The quests. :'(

#55 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -
#56 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

The honesty. The fact that these dudes just tell it like it is, and don't seem 'bought'. That refreshing change of pace is what drew me here initially, and it's what keeps me a fan. No (or at least, very little) bullshit on this site; just the truth, and I really appreciate that.

#57 Posted by papercut (3446 posts) -

When ever this happens

#58 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#59 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

Oh, and I'd like to add: the Wiki!

Even though I didn't have too much time to make any recent edits, I really like the wiki :)

#60 Edited by benspyda (2030 posts) -
#61 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

at the risk of being unpopular-

their cynicism. that might strike some as odd- but it lets me know they're honest. they have a strong editorial voice- and i much prefer that to vapid and sterile copy.

that and they're hilarious!

#62 Posted by Doskias (302 posts) -

It feels like these guys are doing what they're doing because they want to, not because they're paid to. That shows through in all their content, and it's what makes it so much more enjoyable than other outlets (though Greg Miller at IGN is trying his damndest to bring that attitude back to their site).

Jeff's laugh.

I prefer Ryan's.

#63 Edited by AmatureIdiot (1076 posts) -

The Persona 4 Endurance Run. So much so that I have only watched 154 episodes out of 155, so for me it will never end.

Man, that sounds so dumb and sentimental now I've wrote it down.

#64 Posted by Wrect (315 posts) -

The Podcast. It's still the best one out there.

#65 Posted by Caustic_Fox (112 posts) -

I joined this site on the guise that most of the games have isolated wiki pages for characters and such. And to a lower extent, the forums are less restrictive than on some of the larger gaming sites out there.

PS. The smaller community is also welcomed.

#66 Edited by Miketakon (513 posts) -

The honesty.. I don't feel like I'm being lied to. Also Vinny the man is magic.

#67 Posted by Aarglefarg (25 posts) -

I like banter especially when people are videogaming.

#68 Posted by Glottery (1104 posts) -

The Crew, with Vinny as the most shining example. I guess the community could be nice too, but having spent time here since 2010, without ever really taking part in much about anything that has happened on the forums, I feel like I won't be giving that a try anymore.

#69 Edited by Mirado (990 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

The personalities.

If I had to pick one reason why this site stands out (as well as my favorite aspect), this has to be it.

#70 Posted by Intro (1205 posts) -

The community isn't a complete piece of a shit like a lot of forums, especially gaming related forums lol.

#71 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4928 posts) -
#72 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

I like the intimacy. Feels like I'm sitting on a rug palette by a crackling fire, sipping wine and sharing in camaraderie with great friends.

Not really, I mostly like the fact that the community is generally more informed and articulate than other sites, gaming or otherwise. I have better discussions about politics on here than I do on other sites dedicated to such things.

#73 Posted by Hawkerace (274 posts) -

Every time Vinny swears.

Solid.

#74 Edited by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

All Hail Vinny!

#75 Posted by Live2bRighteous (314 posts) -

Of course, it has to be the crew/quicklooks/their awesome livestreams. Although, I think another main reason is how mature the community is. I've spent a lot more time then I should have at Facepunch. It was quite dreadful... it was just teenagers with overly biased opinions 24/7.

#76 Edited by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

At first it was for the quick looks and the reviews since these guys seem to really honest. but then the community here is pretty awesome unlike a website like ign were you just get shouted if someone disagrees with your comment.

#77 Posted by T1000 (45 posts) -
#78 Edited by joey (979 posts) -

Live streams and stuff with game developers

#79 Posted by casper_ (901 posts) -

i like the crushing cynicism

#80 Posted by Demoskinos (14561 posts) -

The erotic fan fiction.

#81 Posted by mrfluke (5089 posts) -
#82 Edited by pyromagnestir (4238 posts) -

The rampant, gratuitous nudity.

Serious answer: everything. There are no winners or losers here. Everybody gets a trophy! Like t-ball.

Hey guys, during the beta you could use keys to post your comments, what were they? I can't remember. It was spacebar something, wasn't it? Or was it tab something?

edit: Tab space! That's what it was!

#83 Posted by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

When the guys are doing videos of stuff they actually care about it's great, but when they do stuff for a game they are not in the mood for good god is it awful.

#84 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

1900 x 1280

#85 Edited by Legion_ (1254 posts) -

@papercut said:

When ever this happens

So that's where Jeff Green worked before PopCap.

#86 Edited by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

totally reckless Jeff stories.