#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Disregard psychoactive and videogame mushrooms. What's your favorite edible mushroom?

I'm partial to Pleurotus eryngii (also known as king trumpet mushroom, French horn mushroom, king oyster mushroom, boletus of the steppes, trumpet royale). Might just be that I've not had it that often yet, and I really dig new flavors - texture-wise, it's a bit on the chewy-side of things, but offers a unique tangy flavor in return. Can't quite describe it, you've got to try it for yourselves.

Mushrooms are amongst my favorite foods. They have replaced meat for the most parts in my daily diet. My preference for lowheat cooking is a great fit for shrooms - I love when they retain most of their liquids. Like biting into a fluffy cloud of heaven. Yummy!

The Trumpet Royale
#2 Posted by mlarrabee (2964 posts) -

I don't eat anything that digests its food outside of itself.

So, mushrooms, flies, etc...

#3 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Gold Toppers!

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

@Seppli said:

Disregard psychoactive and videogame mushrooms. What's your favorite edible mushroom?

I'm partial to Pleurotus eryngii (also known as king trumpet mushroom, French horn mushroom, king oyster mushroom, boletus of the steppes, trumpet royale). Might just be that I've not had it that often yet, and I really dig new flavors - texture-wise, it's a bit on the chewy-side of things, but offers a unique tangy flavor in return. Can't quite describe it, you've got to try it for yourselves.

Mushrooms are amongst my favorite foods. They have replaced meat for the most parts in my daily diet. My preference for lowheat cooking is a great fit for shrooms - I love when they retain most of their liquids. Like biting into a fluffy cloud of heaven. Yummy!

The Trumpet Royale

That looks like the lobbed off penis of a plant.

Anyway, if there was a mushroom made out of candy that didn't taste at all like a mushroom that would be my favorite, edible mushroom.

#5 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

anything under baby bello size

#6 Posted by Giantstalker (1656 posts) -

Mushrooms are pretty divisive. I've never enjoyed eating them, and avoid them if I can, but if they're on a pizza or in a soup or something I'll still go ahead and chow down.

I don't think I've ever had anything like in that picture, though. Just the common stuff.

#7 Posted by mustachioeugene (510 posts) -

There hasn't been a mushroom I haven't liked, though to be fair if it goes well with garlic and/or onions, I'd eat it.

#8 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3408 posts) -

Shitaki Mushrooms, express my love for them when Cowboy Bebop based an episode on them.

#9 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3154 posts) -

I'm not a fan of mushrooms at all, but I can tolerate the portabella ones on sandwiches or something.

#10 Posted by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

Anyway, if there was a mushroom made out of candy that didn't taste at all like a mushroom that would be my favorite, edible mushroom.

So these?

They're pretty good.

#11 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

They all taste the same to me, I vote all edible mushrooms.

#12 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -

Psilocybin?!

#13 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

Any sort! Button, shitake, you name it. The only way I won't eat a mushroom is raw, because it's kind of tasteless like that.

#14 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

I fucking hate mushrooms, damn things fucking suck.

#15 Posted by BeachThunder (11957 posts) -

Post your Funny/Offensive/Obscene Mushrooms Here!

#16 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

I prefer Lysergic.

#17 Posted by EVO (3913 posts) -

I absolutely hate mushrooms. The smell alone makes me sick.

#18 Posted by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

I don't really know a lot of english names for different mushrooms but I like most of those I've eaten well enough. A certain common kind I really like with some dishes and I would even eat those raw from time to time.

#19 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

Am I the only one that thinks the OP's mushroom looks like a condom?

#20 Posted by ajamafalous (12003 posts) -

I do not care for mushrooms.

#21 Edited by OmegaChosen (645 posts) -

I like mushrooms more or less.

However, I don't eat them often enough to have a preference for one or another.

#22 Posted by Peacefulpaul108 (49 posts) -

Girolle mushrooms are my favourite! Lovely delicate flavour.

#23 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

Shiitake all day

#24 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

mushrooms taste like that feeling of having to puke. But they're excellent to use to make sauces for beef.

#25 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

i like mushrooms