Posted by shivermetimbers (780 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Your favorite pizza crust/bread? (129 votes)

Thin crust/crispy crust 29%
Deep dish 15%
New York style 16%
French bread 2%
Bagel 0%
Deep fried 2%
Pizza roll 1%
Garlic bread 8%
Regular/traditional/thick 19%
Other 7%
Results 2%

Sorry if this thread is somehow a duplicate, I couldn't find anything like it when I searched...

Anyway, I'm interested in people's favorite pizza crusts. If you were to receive pizza with the patch notes from a publisher, which crust would you prefer they bring you? I'm sure there's some I'm missing (well a lot), but that's why I included the 'other' option.

I'm actually partial to French bread pizza as my favorite, though it's hard to find in its non-frozen form in my neck of the woods, so I have to do it myself. I think it has to do with the kind of texture it brings to the pizza.

#1 Edited by MrHadouken (194 posts) -

Depends, If I go out to eat at pizza hut its thin crust( it taste like cardboard if you don't eat it fresh out of the oven), if we order out a franchise I think is only in South Carolina called Wedgy's Pizza I go with regular. However, my favorite is New york style, we hit up a local joint at least once a week called Pizza City that has an unbeatable lunch deal, two big ass slices and a drink for $4.25.

#2 Posted by falserelic (5468 posts) -

Pizza, most of us loves that cheesy tasty goodness. That extra cheese and delicious toppings will make you warm and tingling. Having pizza is like making love, it makes you feel good and happy deep-down inside.

#3 Posted by Sterling (2466 posts) -

You are missing too many choices from the options. This poll is invalid.

#4 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

In terms of restaurant made pizza, I tend to favor deep dish, but that's only a slight preference. Thin crust, NY style, and the rest of it is great too.

For home made I like to use naan bread. It works surprisingly well. I only made the discovery when I went to the fridge to retrieve frozen pizza crust (those work okay, sorta) and found my stock of crusts had already been depleted. I had the rest of the ingredients, and a bag of grocery store naan bread, so, close enough, said i. And it was good.

#5 Posted by GnaTSoL (836 posts) -

where's my cheese stuffed-crust>?

#6 Edited by SilentPredator (142 posts) -

Thin crust. I eat pizza mainly for the toppings, not the crust.

#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6308 posts) -

Just regular style pizza. I guess you'd call in thin crust.

#8 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1100 posts) -

New York style is beating deep dish, you people are savages.

#9 Edited by shivermetimbers (780 posts) -

@gnatsol said:

where's my cheese stuffed-crust>?

I'm mostly just referring to the bread/crust you place it on. Cheese stuffed crust would probably be under traditional. If I were to list all the crazy stuff Pizza Hut has come up with, I'd be dead before I'd finish.

#10 Posted by SpaceRunaway (870 posts) -

I voted other. Pizza is my favorite pizza.

#11 Posted by shivermetimbers (780 posts) -

Flatbread might be interesting, didn't think of that. :p

#12 Edited by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -

I really like all kinds of Pizza. I won a contest recently for a pretty popular gourmet pizza joint here in ND (Rhombus Guys). I'm totally self gloating about it, but it's pretty good according to customers in ND. Nothing crazy, but an alternative and take on similar kinds.

It's called the Bucko's Island (Formerly Yoshi's Island, but I had to change it because they were afraid Nintendo would sue them for selling it. haha

• Honey BBQ Sauce
  • Mozzarella
  • Shredded Pork
  • Chicken
  • Bacon
  • Onion
  • Black Olives
  • Mushrooms
  • Jalapenos
  • Pineapple

It's like a sweet and spicy pizza, with salty bacon and more meat than veggies. It has a BBQ sauce base, but it's good topped with a sprinkle of the bbq sauce and real parmesan shavings.

Oh on topic note, and the crust is from a hand tossed, and is soft but crispy / crunchy on the outside. If you ever make it to ND, try it!

#13 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

thin/normal crust is the best.

Deep dish is horrible. If i wanted "deep dish pizza" i'd go buy a loaf of italian bread and then slather it in tomato sauce and cheese.

Plus deep dish is like too much. You always get that "ugh i ate too much" feeling after it, even from one slice. Its fucking disgusting. Deep dish is the WORST.

#14 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1100 posts) -
Deep dish is horrible. If i wanted "deep dish pizza" i'd go buy a loaf of italian bread and then slather it in tomato sauce and cheese.

Plus deep dish is like too much. You always get that "ugh i ate too much" feeling after it, even from one slice. Its fucking disgusting. Deep dish is the WORST.

I can't decide if your pizza ignorance is adorable or infuriating.

#15 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

NY-style is my favorite type of pizza but if we're talking crust only, then I've got to go french bread. 90% crust FTW.

@clonedzero said:

Deep dish pizza is really more like breaded lasagna. You've got to approach it with the right frame of mind.

#16 Edited by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

Traditional.

Give me a good old fashioned Sfincione over anything else out there, made by an old grandmother that immigrated across the Atlantic on a fucking boat.

#17 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

I have no idea what you're talking about. I just order a pizza with the toppings I like and then I eat it.

#18 Posted by HappyCoin (4 posts) -

Oh come on. It's pizza! Having pizza is better than having no pizza. Pizza is life. I feel like my happiness levels would increase by 100% if I freshly made pizza in front of me regardless of what kind it is... unless it's that Olsen Twins monstrosity. Blech.

#19 Posted by Hunter5024 (5820 posts) -

Deep fried pizza is a thing?!? I have to try this. Usually I like Pan, but I love pretty much all kinds of Pizza. I've never tried deep dish though, when I get a new job I'm going to try and remember the name of the place that shipped those deep dishes and try that out.

#20 Posted by Hamst3r (4523 posts) -

Regular-ass traditional crust.

Thin Crust pizzas aren't my thing. I want there to be pizza crust and I want the crust to be good, not just cardboard that's there to hold the toppings. I don't want it crispy either, I want the crust to be a little chewy and doughy.

I've never had a proper deep dish pizza. All of the pizzas I've had that claimed to be deep dish were just normal pizzas with a slightly thicker and taller crust on them - not the crazy lasagna-with-things-hiding-in-it stuff. I really want to try that kind of deep dish though.

As for "stuffed crusts", the best stuffed crust pizza I've ever had is from a place called "Hello Pizza". The crust is filled with sweet potato mousse and topped with baked cheddar cheese. It's amazing.

#21 Posted by DystopiaX (5335 posts) -

@kevin_cogneto: Word.

Had better deep dish from places other than Gino's East though.

#22 Posted by MonetaryDread (2076 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

I have to agree with @clonedzero on this one. When I was in Chicago last, my family went to this place called Uno's and had one of their deep dish pizzas. There was too much sauce, the sauce was too thick (almost like it was made from a tomato paste base), the fact that the cheese was underneath the sauce prevented the cheese from getting a nice brown crust, the crust tasted like it was deep fried in butter, and the rest of the toppings were no better than what Dominos has to offer.

#23 Posted by Nightriff (5156 posts) -

Normal crust? I haven't had a crust that I didn't like really but I do like a good pan pizza every now and again which is....chicago style? I don't know my pizza city to their pizza styles, I apologize

#24 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

Garlic bread is the shit, but I usually eat thin crust or "Regular".

#25 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (713 posts) -

Thin and crispy, but Dominos in the UK seem to have stopped doing it!

#26 Edited by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

New York style from the NY/NJ area. It's the only way to go with pizza. Though I will admit I do like Pizza Hut's stuffed crust but the pizza attached to it is terrible.

#27 Posted by ajamafalous (12039 posts) -

WHERE THE FUCK IS STUFFED CRUST YOU ASSHOLE