• 95 results
#1 Posted by McNaastyy (114 posts) -

Dead Kennedys

#2 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

The Clash. No comparison there.

#3 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

Seriously. Is this spam topic day? At this rate I might actually have to start flagging.

#4 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5827 posts) -
#5 Posted by LetsRockBaby (241 posts) -

Guitar Wolf.

#6 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

Minutemen

#7 Posted by McGriddle550 (285 posts) -

Fugazi

#8 Posted by McNaastyy (114 posts) -

Anybody ever listen to Fear?

#9 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan: Hardcore Straight Edge!
#10 Posted by Seedofpower (3930 posts) -

I just saw NoFX 2 months ago and right now I have to say them. An amazing show. If you asked me that question 6 months ago, I probably would have told your Guttermouth. They also put on a fun show.

#11 Posted by neozeke (378 posts) -

My favorite band period is The Ramones. But if we're counting the first wave of metalcore/mathcore, The Dillinger Escape Plan, my other favorite band. 

#12 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

If this was favorite post-punk band instead of Punk Rock maybe I could answer

#13 Edited by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I hope you guys don't want to kill me for this, but I like Green Day a whole lot. The Ramones are cool too, but I just like a lot more of Green Day. I guess I simply haven't heard much punk to be honest.

#14 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: Hardcore Punk Rock fans would probably murder you for that (unless you specifically stated old Green Day)...however, I'm not a Punk Rock fan so your safe from me.
#15 Edited by evildeadron (830 posts) -

Dead Milkmen, Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, Fuzzbox, Bad Brains, The Misfits, Circle Jerks, Black Flag ...to name a few 

also check out The Dead Milkmen covering "Cars" 2 weeks ago at SXSW 

#16 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -
@McNaastyy said:
" Dead Kennedys "
YES!!!! 

@JJWeatherman
said:
" I hope you guys don't want to kill me for this, but I like Green Day a whole lot. The Ramones are cool too, but I just like a lot more Green Day. I guess I simply haven't heard much punk to be honest. "
they're more pop than punk.  they get more hate than they deserve from pretty much every "punk rocker kid" but honestly they've been pretty good pop rock for the whole time they've been around.  it was a mistake on their part and on mtv's part to label them as punk at first.
#17 Edited by PenguinDust (12517 posts) -

The Circle Jerks.  I got into them most of all the punk bands I listened to while in college.  The first Decline of Western Civilization documentary is a must-see for punk fans. 

#18 Edited by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

The Lawrence Arms 

Also Going Steady is a Japanese punk band I absolutely love. 

#19 Posted by bartok (2480 posts) -

Hank Williams the Third was pretty sweet when he use to do Punk.  Though I like my old school punk like The Clash, The Stooges, Black Flag, and early Misfits.

#20 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@VinceNotVance said:
" The Clash. No comparison there. "
#21 Posted by Goly (843 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan:  still have to listen to those fags! just kidding, love los crudos i don't see how i couldn't like this. 
#22 Posted by ThePwnee (234 posts) -

Screeching Weasel

#23 Posted by Toxin066 (3288 posts) -

NOFX, for sure.  The War on Errorism is one of my favorite albums of all time.

#24 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Bad Religion

#25 Edited by MatPaget (1115 posts) -

Fugazi, Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys, The Clash, Broadcast Zero, DOA 

Reminds me that Punk is the last genre I have to put on my iPod!

#26 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -
@ThePwnee: Hahaha there is so much shit talking about Ben because of the SXSW incident. I guess it's cool that people are still into his music. All my friends basically hate the guy now. I actually never got into Screeching Weasel so yeah.  
#27 Posted by Wallflower501 (50 posts) -

Dead Kennedys 

They brought musicianship into the punk scene without losing the ferociousness. Plus Jello Biafra is a great front man.  

#28 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" I hope you guys don't want to kill me for this, but I like Green Day a whole lot."
Yes! I love Green Day a whole lot too.
#29 Posted by Bloodlines (172 posts) -

Dropkick Murphys and The Clash.

#30 Posted by mzuckerm (351 posts) -
@rudeboy217: Lawrence Arms are great. 

I'm also a big fan of AFI and the Alkaline Trio (more the older stuff, but some of the new stuff is really solid too).  For a while I was really into Grade's album Under the Radar.  My first favorite punk band was Operation Ivy, and I was also really into Rancid for a long time too.  I've mellowed as I've gotten older, so I find myself drifting further away from hardcore as time goes by....
#31 Posted by Vonocourt (2130 posts) -

Young Widows or Brain Banger I guess if they're punk, never been that big into it.

#32 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

There are so many people who argue over what punk is, was, will be in the future and most definitely not what you're listening to, that I don't really know what is punk and what isn't so I'll spit game on what I assume to be modern punk of whatever variety and say Rise Against and AFI, the early stuff anyway. After that, I don't know because it all moves into post-hardcore territory like Thursday and Glassjaw.

#33 Posted by CountMacula (235 posts) -

The Offspring. Smash remains my favourite album of all time. The Clash & Ramones are tied for a close second though.

#34 Posted by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -

NoFX, Minor Threat, Dead Kennedy's, Rancid, Misfits (Danzig version)

#35 Posted by Atlantus_Air (187 posts) -

Naked Raygun, my dad's old punk band called Not Rebecca, Minor Threat, The Descendants, and this local alternative punk band called Textbook. I am also a humongous Green Day fan.

#36 Posted by mzuckerm (351 posts) -
@Dante87 said:
" The Offspring. Smash remains my favourite album of all time. The Clash & Ramones are tied for a close second though. "
Smash blew me away when it came out (I think I was a freshman in high school at the time).  I don't listen to it much anymore, but at the time I was in awe.
#37 Posted by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -

The Clash. Black Flag is a fairly distant second.

#38 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Sex Pistols

#39 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" I hope you guys don't want to kill me for this, but I like Green Day a whole lot."
Yes! I love Green Day a whole lot too. "
Green Day's pretty good.
#40 Posted by Cyclicalredundancyterror (8 posts) -

Funeral Oration because Believer and especially Survival are the punk albums I listen to the most. I hope someone picks Crucial Youth and Adolph and the Piss Artists.

#41 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (251 posts) -
#42 Posted by RockAction (377 posts) -

depends on what your definition of punk is, if you're talking about 1977 stuff, my favourite would be xray spex, if youre talking about later stuff maybe black flag or bad brains, if you're talking about origins of punk, from places like new york, detroit or cleveland which should really just be called 'art rock' or something, which is my favourite period of punk, i like bands like new york dolls, MC5, suicide and my favourite is the stooges 

i love the clash too, but the clash aren't really punk, they're like the stones, whom i also love 

another great band from detroit is Death, only made one album but its probably the best 25mins of punk ever recorded

#43 Edited by JammyJesus (770 posts) -
@example1013 said:

" Seriously. Is this spam topic day? At this rate I might actually have to start flagging. "

No offence, but you tend to comment on every single thread with not exactly that much to say.  

No one mentioned Bad Brains yet?!  EDIT: I am silly and can't read. 

#44 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
@RockAction: Is your username a reference to the Mogwai album of the same name?
#45 Posted by invadernick (260 posts) -

busted

#46 Posted by Elyk247 (367 posts) -

X-Ray-Spex, they're amazing and no one's really heard about them.

#47 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Not really sure what counts as punk rock, but it's either Ebba Grön or Imperiet for me.

#48 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -
@Underachiever007 said:
" @VinceNotVance said:
" The Clash. No comparison there. "
"
#49 Posted by ApertureSilence (1156 posts) -

RX Bandits. 

#50 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -

Descendents. Awesome band that should have had more mainstream appeal.