• 110 results
#1 Posted by hoossy (936 posts) -

So, what tickles your funny bone?

Me? I'm all about Cheers and Frasier!

Kelsey Grammer is a boss.

#2 Posted by EuanDewar (5023 posts) -

Have loads, Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Curb, The Thick of It. Too many to name.

#3 Posted by hoossy (936 posts) -

@EuanDewar:

I hadn't considered Arrested Development to be in that genre.. with no audience or laughtrack. But I guess what difference does that make... well hell.

Arrested Development is king.

#4 Posted by Tebbit (4472 posts) -

If I had to pick one, It would have to be Seinfeld.

Runner-up goes to the first five, and last two seasons of Friends.

#5 Posted by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is hilarious. Easily my favorite show on tv.

#6 Posted by Aegon (5701 posts) -

Come ooooon, it's gotta be Seinfeld. Never gets old. As mentioned above, Curb is really funny as well, it's basically an adult version of Seinfeld with a rich George as the main character, but I wouldn't consider it a sitcom. 

#7 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5839 posts) -

Parks and Rec, Party Down, or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Any one of those three is fine really

#8 Posted by Redbullet685 (6051 posts) -

In no particular order: Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Fresh Prince, and Roseanne are my favorites.

#9 Posted by WilliamHenry (1204 posts) -

Seinfeld is the best sitcom of all time.

#10 Posted by Daveyo520 (6852 posts) -

Seinfeld

#11 Posted by NathHaw (2792 posts) -

Probably Roseanne, but The Golden Girls and Everybody Loves Raymond are right up there.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

#13 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1546 posts) -

Pawn Stars.

Joking aside, probably down to Always Sunny, since it's the last sitcom I've watched actually watched for a good decade. Married with Children comes in second.

#14 Posted by avengedxsniper (130 posts) -

That 70's Show.

#15 Posted by believer258 (11979 posts) -

Is Scrubs considered a sitcom?

I don't watch many of the others anymore. They tend to run together after a while. Home Improvement was all right.

#16 Posted by NathHaw (2792 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Is Scrubs considered a sitcom?

I don't watch many of the others anymore. They tend to run together after a while. Home Improvement was all right.

Crap, I forgot about Home Improvement. That's on my short list also.

#17 Posted by stankit (98 posts) -

Mine would have to be: Arrested Development, Seinfeld and Community. I do also enjoy Friends. And for the fun of it, throw the first 4-5 seasons of The Office in there for good measurement.

#18 Posted by jadewiz (62 posts) -

Fresh Prince. That 70's Show a close second.

As long as were on the subject of sitcoms, allow me to share this anecdote: "Friends" has always pissed me off to no end.

As a child I would literally break things If I even heard the theme song. I have never seen anything of it other than 6 douchey people doing douchey things for 30 minutes at a time.

In closing: Fuck Friends.

#19 Posted by ImaTreee (209 posts) -

Arrested Development for sure

#20 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

My favorite now is Big Bang Theory. As for the past...Roseanne.

#21 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

@Claude said:

My favorite now is Big Bang Theory. As for the past...Roseanne.

I do enjoy Big Bang Theory, but easily the greatest sitcom off all time is a classic oldie:

It started Billy Crystal and spawned Benson. The cast was fantastic on every level and it sent up daytime soap operas perfectly. If you haven't seen it, track it down. You won't be disappointed.

#22 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

The Wire. Season 5 is hysterical.

#23 Posted by Orbitz89 (229 posts) -

3rd Rock from the Sun.. Hands down, Then Frasier, Seinfeld and Cheers in no particular order.

#24 Posted by L44 (564 posts) -

If you mean a show with an audience or laugh track; The IT Crowd.

otherwise Spaced was fucking great

#25 Posted by MikkaQ (10313 posts) -

I just watched the entire run of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and I think it's gotta be that one.

#26 Posted by ShaggE (6543 posts) -

Classic multi-cam sitcoms? Frasier. I've watched the entire run of it an embarrassing number of times, and I still love it.

Single-cam sitcoms? Community.

#27 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Seinfeld, Scrubs, That 70's Show (minus the final season without Topher Grace), and How I Met Your Mother.

#28 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (232 posts) -

@AgnosticJesus said:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is hilarious. Easily my favorite show on tv.

Marry me? We don't have to be gay or anything... but yeah.

#29 Posted by ez123 (1966 posts) -

Parks and Rec, it's coming back next week too :)

#30 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I don't really know what counts as a sitcom, but TV comedies that I like are Parks and Recreation, The Office, Malcolm in the Middle, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Eastbound and Down.

#31 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Pretty hard to choose:-

• Arrested Development
  • Curb
  • Seinfeld
  • Ab Fab
  • SPACED
  • Quark
  • Community
  • TBBT

and a ton more.

#32 Edited by Milkman (16996 posts) -

Depends what you consider a sitcom, I guess. If we're talking laugh track and everything, Seinfeld is the only answer. Fresh Prince and Rosanne are up there as well.

#33 Posted by ThePickle (4185 posts) -

Seinfeld or HIMYM.

I feel many of you are missing the spirit of this question. It's not favorite comedy, it's favorite laugh track, 4 camera, standing sets. That's what I imagine when I see the word "sitcom."

#34 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

Breaking Bad

#35 Posted by Sackmanjones (4738 posts) -

I know some people are jokig but man do a lot of people not know what a sitcom is. As for me I enjoy the Big Bang Theiry quite a lot. And you know what? I like everybody loves Raymond! Come at me bro!

#36 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Contrarian: Soap was pretty damn good. A little eccentric for my taste.
#37 Posted by Lamashtu (254 posts) -

Nothing on television past, present, or future can ever hope to match the unbridled genius that was Married... With Children.

Unless they subtitled the Russian version of the show and brought it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB4lcuIpXwE&feature=relmfu

#38 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

The Thick of It and Arrested Development

#39 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

Arrested Development, Seinfeld, early seasons of The Office, Community, Parks and Recreation.

In that order.

#40 Posted by calmallamadown (13 posts) -

Faulty Towers is the best sitcom. The IT Crowd is also great.

#41 Posted by ImaTreee (209 posts) -

@FengShuiGod said:

Breaking Bad

i lold

#42 Edited by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

I know some people are jokig but man do a lot of people not know what a sitcom is. As for me I enjoy the Big Bang Theiry quite a lot. And you know what? I like everybody loves Raymond! Come at me bro!

Actually it seems like you might be the one that doesn't know what a sitcom is..... single cam sitcoms are you know, also sitcoms.

anyways it's easily Arrested Development, with Community being of the best shows that are currently airing. Though Parks and Rec and 30 Rock are pretty great as well, and Happy Endings continues to surprise me.

Wait Archer counts as a sitcom doesn't it?... ok im changing my pick to Archer.

#43 Posted by yoyobear (2 posts) -

Seinfeld is first then The Thick of it or Scrubs

#44 Posted by DeF (4921 posts) -

I think I just blue myself.

#45 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2725 posts) -

Arrested Development and Always Sunny. I like Frasier an awful lot too.

#46 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Oh, we're talking about American sitcoms. I though for a second this was supposed to be about the best sitcoms.

In that case, Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

#47 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

If you're talking the 'classic' style of sitcom, then Seinfeld takes it no questions asked. Including the newer, laughtrackless style, both Flight of the Conchords and Arrested Development duke it out for that one. They're both so fucking amazing.

#48 Edited by PenguinDust (12550 posts) -

The Dick Van Dyke Show has consistently been my favorite sitcom since childhood. A few months ago I watched a bunch of episodes again and I still find it more entertaining than any other.

After that, I would include NewsRadio, Fawlty Towers and The Bob Newhart Show. Arrested Development and It's Always Funny in Philadelphia, while not my favorites, are the best newer shows I've seen. I didn't consider any animation for my selections since they would dominate the list.

#49 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

@Claude said:

@Contrarian: Soap was pretty damn good. A little eccentric for my taste.

It was the utter eccentric nature of it that cracked me up ...... the ventriloquist dummy everyone thought was real and the alien baby were highlights for me.

In terms of sitcoms, I suppose we could include the awesome that was The Young Ones, Bottom snd Blackadder. Then there would Fawlty Towers. Finest Britiush work.

#50 Posted by Delta_Ass (3282 posts) -