• 122 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Digyourowngrave (87 posts) -

This album is so full of win.  So GB, favourite album?
#2 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Oooooooooooooo, good pick.



Only the Who for me, though.


#3 Posted by CleverLoginName (678 posts) -

Eh, well you know personal taste, it's all good. I really love Daft Punk's Discovery.

#4 Posted by Guyzea (814 posts) -

This.



#5 Posted by Snipzor (3317 posts) -

Two songs, but it is the best two songs I can think of.

#6 Edited by Suicrat (3762 posts) -









One of these 4, can't decide which.
#7 Posted by Alexander (1720 posts) -
CleverLoginName said:
"Eh, well you know personal taste, it's all good. I really love Daft Punk's Discovery."
You are right on, Duft Punk are amazing, hopefully releasing a new album this year. I'd go with that or OK Computer.


#8 Posted by SoulEdgeSlayer (534 posts) -

I love Led Zeppelin.
#9 Posted by Digyourowngrave (87 posts) -
Alexander said:
"CleverLoginName said:
"Eh, well you know personal taste, it's all good. I really love Daft Punk's Discovery."
You are right on, Duft Punk are amazing, hopefully releasing a new album this year. I'd go with that or OK Computer.

"
Whoa, that pics so trippy lol I don't even know what I'm looking at O_o
#10 Edited by imayellowfellow (558 posts) -


#11 Edited by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -




#12 Posted by zitosilva (1837 posts) -

I can't pick one amidst the three.
#13 Edited by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -










#14 Posted by mikevanpwn (401 posts) -
Digyourowngrave said:
"Alexander said:
"CleverLoginName said:
"Eh, well you know personal taste, it's all good. I really love Daft Punk's Discovery."
You are right on, Duft Punk are amazing, hopefully releasing a new album this year. I'd go with that or OK Computer.

"
Whoa, that pics so trippy lol I don't even know what I'm looking at O_o"
You're looking at Daft Punk!  

Daft Punk is awesome.  Discovery and Alive 2007 are my favorite Albums.  I just watched Interstella5555 again today actually.


#15 Posted by Digyourowngrave (87 posts) -
mikevanpwn said:
"Digyourowngrave said:
"Alexander said:
"CleverLoginName said:
"Eh, well you know personal taste, it's all good. I really love Daft Punk's Discovery."
You are right on, Duft Punk are amazing, hopefully releasing a new album this year. I'd go with that or OK Computer.

"
Whoa, that pics so trippy lol I don't even know what I'm looking at O_o"
You're looking at Daft Punk!  

Daft Punk is awesome.  Discovery and Alive 2007 are my favorite Albums.  I just watched Interstella5555 again today actually.


"
hahaha dude thats rad :P
#16 Posted by Alexander (1720 posts) -
mikevanpwn said:
You're looking at Daft Punk!  

Daft Punk is awesome.  Discovery and Alive 2007 are my favorite Albums.  I just watched Interstella5555 again today actually.
Ah I loooove Alive 2007, best track for me is Around the World / Harder, Better Faster Stronger, that part just after 1:40 onward is the best part on the album (for me personally)

Don't know how you feel about Justice, but their live album is incredible - whoever did the recording did a much better job than on Alive 2007.
#17 Posted by mikevanpwn (401 posts) -
Alexander said:
"mikevanpwn said:
You're looking at Daft Punk!  

Daft Punk is awesome.  Discovery and Alive 2007 are my favorite Albums.  I just watched Interstella5555 again today actually.
Ah I loooove Alive 2007, best track for me is Around the World / Harder, Better Faster Stronger, that part just after 1:40 onward is the best part on the album (for me personally)

Don't know how you feel about Justice, but their live album is incredible - whoever did the recording did a much better job than on Alive 2007."
I love Justice as well, although I still think Alive 2007 is a better live album than A Cross the Universe.  Daft Punk/Justice are the best though.
#18 Posted by Sgt_T1bbs (116 posts) -


#19 Posted by kmiddlestadt (28 posts) -
mikevanpwn said:
"Alexander said:
"mikevanpwn said:
You're looking at Daft Punk!  

Daft Punk is awesome.  Discovery and Alive 2007 are my favorite Albums.  I just watched Interstella5555 again today actually.
Ah I loooove Alive 2007, best track for me is Around the World / Harder, Better Faster Stronger, that part just after 1:40 onward is the best part on the album (for me personally)

Don't know how you feel about Justice, but their live album is incredible - whoever did the recording did a much better job than on Alive 2007."
I love Justice as well, although I still think Alive 2007 is a better live album than A Cross the Universe.  Daft Punk/Justice are the best though.
"
AHH, too great artists, but i would have to go with Justice

As for my fav album, its a split between System of a Downs "Steal this Album" and Lupe Fiascos "Food and Liquor"

#20 Posted by Digyourowngrave (87 posts) -
kmiddlestadt said:
"mikevanpwn said:
"Alexander said:
"mikevanpwn said:
You're looking at Daft Punk!  

Daft Punk is awesome.  Discovery and Alive 2007 are my favorite Albums.  I just watched Interstella5555 again today actually.
Ah I loooove Alive 2007, best track for me is Around the World / Harder, Better Faster Stronger, that part just after 1:40 onward is the best part on the album (for me personally)

Don't know how you feel about Justice, but their live album is incredible - whoever did the recording did a much better job than on Alive 2007."
I love Justice as well, although I still think Alive 2007 is a better live album than A Cross the Universe.  Daft Punk/Justice are the best though.
"
AHH, too great artists, but i would have to go with Justice

As for my fav album, its a split between System of a Downs "Steal this Album" and Lupe Fiascos "Food and Liquor"

"
Steal this album! was great.  I've been told the band actually wanted you too steal it :P  It has all the songs that they wanted to put on Toxicity or  their Self titled album, but the producer wanted to save them, so they didnt want to make money off of it :S so I've been old anyways...
#21 Posted by Bucketdeth (7981 posts) -



#22 Posted by RLLink (367 posts) -

Nino by Round Table feat. Nino(Japanese Pop). I like almost ALL the songs on it. Except for about... 3 songs.

Cover

#23 Posted by SlayerNoMercy (67 posts) -

First Iron Maiden album i ever bought...still the best album i have ever bought
#24 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3084 posts) -
@RLLink: You've never listened to an album where you like all the songs?

And I'm going to give the most generic rap fans answer. BUT IT'S THE ONLY RIGHT ANSWER!



#25 Posted by RLLink (367 posts) -

That is correct, Fr0br0. D: Most I've liked on a album was 5... On this album I like 9 songs. lulz

#26 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3084 posts) -

Huh, that's interesting. Is your music preference really picky or have you listened to a limited amount of albums?

#27 Edited by RLLink (367 posts) -

Nah, I'm not too picky. I listen to a lot of albums and whatnot, I guess it's just that the other songs don't appeal to me as much as the ones I like a lot do. So I end up not listening to them at all. xD

#28 Posted by inkeiren (989 posts) -



This took so long to love, but it became my favorite album. It took me months to truly understand this album.

#29 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -
inkeiren said:
"
This took so long to love, but it became my favorite album. It took me months to truly understand this album."

The only good song on that whole album is "Optimistic".

My picks:









#30 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -
It's the CD that got me back into Hip-Hop and music as a whole as a child and the basis for my username. I first heard the track The World Is Yours in Tony Hawk's Underground of all places (an amazing soundtrack) and let the game play just so I could hear the song play over. That song alone was enough to get me to buy CDs for the first time but unfortunately my empty wallet and the bootlegger by my high school in Brooklyn did not have the CD in stock. It didn't occur to me that

1. The CD was old and
2. Perhaps he couldn't bring himself to bootleg a classic.

Years went by without me having listened to the CD in its entirety until three years ago when I got my first job and immediately ordered it from Amazon along with a Zune that has lived its full life already. I must have played that CD hundreds of times. Very few CDs had I listened to up to that point that had filled its entirety with great songs such as NY State of Mind and It Ain't Hard To Tell. The other CDs being The Black Album, College Dropout, Game Theory and more recently Food & Liquor. The CD helped me continue my love for music and allowed its growth into what it is today and accompanies me on many walks through my campus and drives around my local area. Ill Will rest in peace.
#31 Posted by Moridin (710 posts) -

Tough choice, but I'm going to have go with a tie between these two.


Pink Floyd, "A Saucerful of Secrets"                                                        Led Zeppelin, "Houses of the Holy"


                  


#32 Posted by NickM (1067 posts) -










#33 Posted by Red (5991 posts) -





















#34 Posted by TheKidNixon (1564 posts) -


A strange mix of folk, punk, gospel and jazz. The Femmes were poised to be the torch-bearers for what would now be called "alternative" music in the early 80s, after their debut self-titled album basically found an insane cult following. Then they release this album, dense and littered with religious language and symbolism. It pretty much divided the fan base, between people who thought it was all a gag, people who thought it was earnest and embraced Gordon Gano's expression of his personal battle of faith, and people who thought it was earnest and walked away from the Femmes for being "Christian music." In the end, this album stands a good head above their debut album for its depth and intelligence, introducing social and political commentary into their music and offering the bands most emotional performances recorded. It is hard for me to listen to Never Tell, Sweet Misery Blues, Jesus Walking on the Water or the title song without still getting goosebumps. And I've listened to this album for years. The fact that Gano wrote all of these songs when he was 16 infuriates me.

Close follow-up:
Morphine, Good



















#35 Posted by EvolutionX0 (413 posts) -
 This is prob my favouite album. 
#36 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

I've listed many of my favorites in other similar threads so I'll keep it brief here:

  • [ROCK] Allman Brothers - Live at the Filmore East
  • [JAZZ] Dizzy Gillespie - Afro
  • [ALT] Jane's Addiction - Nothing Shocking

#37 Posted by Meltbrain (2966 posts) -

Probably this, but if I was pushed there are a lot of them, really.

Relationship of Command


#38 Posted by Palooka (19 posts) -

Modest Mouse: Good News for People Who Love Bad News

#39 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
kmdrkul said:
"









Urban Hymns

 
#40 Posted by inkeiren (989 posts) -
adam_grif said:
inkeiren said: "This took so long to love, but it became my favorite album. It took me months to truly ... [more]
I don't usually say this, but the only response that can truly encapsulate my thoughts on this can be stated in one word:

lol
#41 Posted by ahriman22 (2747 posts) -


Cant' come up with anything else at the moment.

#42 Posted by Heartagram (1179 posts) -



Razorblade Romance
Go ahead make fun of me

#43 Posted by Subject2Change (2965 posts) -
Alexander said:
CleverLoginName said: "Eh, well you know personal taste, it's all good. I really love Daft Punk's Discovery." You are right ... [more]
I did some duplication and post work on that video :p really fuckin weird to say the least and not my musical taste.

Album i've been with for a long time would be Blink 182 - Dude Ranch or Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape however over the years my musical tastes have changed and presently listening to more of an array of things and i've gone back to some of what i'd consider my older stuff. Anything from Foo Fighters/Red Hot Chilli Peppers to The Vandals/Millencolin to Iron Maiden/Megadeath to Pantera/Down to Deicide/Vital Remains and everything in between as well as other genres including some Indie Rock as of lately.
#44 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8610 posts) -

I love all of the Led Zeppelin, Who, Jethro Tull, Radiohead and Pink Floyd mentions so far, but my favorite is still:


Here's two runner-ups:






#45 Edited by Senge (13 posts) -
White Pony by Deftones
My favourite album to date. Honourable mention goes to (What's the Story) Morning Glory? by Oasis and OK Computer by Radiohead.

I'm a big fan of Deftones. They have a feel for the genres I'm into and then some. Their music has subtle substance, more so in White Pony.
#46 Posted by LackLuster (713 posts) -

















#47 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

great stuff


#48 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6270 posts) -

Surprised nobody has said this one yet:




#49 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

Also happens to be the only SP album that I really enjoyed. Kid A is the runner-up


#50 Posted by Aitee (24 posts) -

 Their only good album IMO, the album that got me into rock. My favourite album of all time:

Can't stop listening to this, absolutely amazing:
Metallica - Master Of Puppets