#1 Posted by simian (862 posts) -

Not sure where I found it originally (SA forums? NeoGAF?) but it's Scribblenautted version of Jack Bauer. Originally it was changed to get the quest achievement but funny enough after a shave and hair cut, I sorta look like this now (right down the messenger bag).
#2 Posted by Siepher (255 posts) -

Just because Solid Snake is awesome. And it's a nice drawing.

#3 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@simian: That's actually a really cool avatar. I should get one of those. 

As for mine, it's just a picture of me. It's a picture that my best friend took when we went to Sausalito (where the Giant Bomb offices are located!). We had a good day, but I'm sad that I don't hear from her anymore :(
#4 Edited by Droop (1839 posts) -

I love this elephant drawing. Added the top hat to complete the quest.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18916 posts) -

<<<<  Look to the left.

I like Mario and I thought this fanart picture looked awesome so I decided to use it.

#6 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

It's actually a bottlecap mine.

#7 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

A Devil's Horns picture i took in my room using my then-new webcam... I think it looks alot more epic-er than a random snapshot in a bedroom which is why i fancy it. 
You can see the iron window fence thingie through the blue curtains in a certain spot 

EDIT: if you're asking about the PROFILE picture, its a screenshot from South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. 

#8 Posted by V (328 posts) -

because i enjoy dudley and the cut of his jib

#9 Posted by Brians (1458 posts) -

Sarcasm is hard to understand. By using the international symbol for written sarcasm I seek to make the world a better place.

#10 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

I found this thing on the google. Just cause o the quest. I really need to get myself a personal one.

#11 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

Because I like him.

#12 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

...it's a burned out Phoenix in the memory of End_Boss.  :(

#13 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

Choose this as my  new profile picture for the quest. No reason I choose that one, other than I think it looks awesome.

#14 Edited by armaan8014 (5337 posts) -

Just like that, dont really know why!
Maybe cuz it's related to games?.. I dunno.

#15 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4585 posts) -

Beware my power.

#16 Posted by Bones8677 (3214 posts) -

It's a section of one of my latest comics.

#17 Edited by Lone_f (281 posts) -

It's the Cheshire Cat from American McGee's alice. It's been my avatar since I first had internet at home (not that long ago, maybe 2005). 
Edit: oh, and I saw one other guy with the exact same avatar :) Forgot his username, starts with a C, I believe.

#18 Posted by BattleShinobi (78 posts) -

Mine is a really long story. It goes like this- It's my character from Dragon Age.

#19 Posted by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -

Was playing Professor Layton when I first came to the site and decided to make an avatar out of it.
Changed it to the Layton 2 art when that came out but otherwise kept it same just for recognition's sake. :)

#20 Posted by EVO (3871 posts) -

It's the logo of a video game exhibition that came to Melbourne in 2008. One of the best days of my life.

#21 Posted by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -

I don't know, guess i like the cultural mash-up...

#22 Posted by Xeiphyer (5597 posts) -

A close friend of mine who's boobs I am quite fond of let me use them as my picture. I took that picture two years ago on Canada day of course.

#23 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I like robots

#24 Posted by Kazzurak (366 posts) -

Because my avatar is awesome! :D

#25 Posted by Capt_Ventris (590 posts) -

I am really excited about the World Cup and Australia's chances.

#26 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -

Because you gotta pay $5 to see the dancing freak.

#27 Posted by theMuse (203 posts) -

Pretty self-explanatory.

#28 Posted by Bertmasta (173 posts) -

Because Broken sword and George Stobbart are awesome. Also his facial expression is my most used when viewing these forums.

#29 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

my friend got me this bunny whose eyes light up in red when you press a button on the top of its head. best birthday present ever. 
also, superior to blue eyes white dragon

#30 Posted by mrfizzy (1523 posts) -

I feel that mine represents video games for a lot of people. and retro is hip... 

#31 Edited by JiuJitsuka85 (377 posts) -

I don't have or make alot of pictures of myself, and this one fits with my lifestyle and passion for the martial art.

#32 Posted by zolloz89 (251 posts) -

adventure is a good game, and i didnt really feel like making one for the stupid quest

#33 Posted by Maxynator (159 posts) -

I really  have no idea. It's a light form of trolling I guess.
It's an art you know...

#34 Edited by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

It's the dragon I own.Quite a dragon I must say,he is still kicking after 1.000 years of living in this world

#35 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -
@FirePrince: what is your dragon's name?
#36 Posted by iSylence (345 posts) -

Because Mario is awesome. I'm also told sometimes that I look a bit like him. In my pictures I have me dressed up as him :D I own the costume, quite proud of that lol :)

#37 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

@RedEyesBlueBunny:  
Yeah,about that,I never figured out a name.He just won't tell me what is is....... 
What should I name him?

#38 Posted by iSylence (345 posts) -
@Kazzurak: 
lol agreed
#39 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

You mean avatar, not profile picture. 

My avatar was originally Viewtiful Joe throwing a peace sign.  I said "fuck peace" and cut one of his fingers off.  It's an irony of who I really am:  I'm the asshole that will flip you the bird for any reason, but I'm also this lovable dood that kicks ass in his own little special way. 

Plus, it just looks cool.  It's Joe flipping you off!

#40 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -
@FirePrince: i think Jimmy is a pretty good dragon name.
#41 Posted by DCFGS3 (1054 posts) -

I once imaged searched for the Joker, and put it as my MSN picture for a while when I was doing my Drama solo, which was inspired by the Joker. I just decided I liked it, plus the Joker is cool, so I kept it.

#42 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

A picture of Russian nesting dolls that I took myself. Features former Russian/Soviet leaders. I like it.

#43 Posted by Asrahn (552 posts) -

Zoom on the helmet of a Space Wolf Terminator from Warhammer 40k.

#44 Posted by deerpoob (128 posts) -

It's Tanaka.

#45 Posted by Laharl (350 posts) -

Random picture i found on the internet, looked badass and thats good enough for me, changed it for the quest and decided to keep it. Will prolly change it one day.

#46 Posted by Choi (536 posts) -

Because I made it on a site faceinhole. Vinny and Ryan as the Blues Brothers....

#47 Posted by natetodamax (19177 posts) -

Why are people describing their icons/avatars instead of their profile pics? My profile pic is of Lightning because she's rad.

#48 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Because I'm a nerd ^_^

#49 Posted by radiocip (73 posts) -

I'm a Replicant

#50 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@FirePrince said:
"

It's the dragon I own.Quite a dragon I must say,he is still kicking after 1.000 years of living in this world

"
You know i can, teach you, how to train your dragon