Looked for a similar thread, couldnt find any.
My top 15 all time favorite songs :
- Iron Maiden's "The Number of the Beast" - i thank that song for existing and being the milestone that it is in metal music. without it, the genre wouldnt have been this enthusiastic and powerful
- Opeth's "Black Rose Immortal" - a 20-minute masterpiece consisting of growls & clean/pure vocals, fast and heavy riffs, slow and ambient melodies.. all in one. the greatest long song ever made
- Alice in Chains' "Would?" - one of the few grudge masterpieces that defined the 90s sound.. so good and addicting
- Metallica's "For Whom The Bell Tolls" - has so many elements. the casual thrash metal elements, a heart-pumping theme and lyrics, and one of the greatest song endings ever.
- My Dying Bride's "The Cry of Mankind" - 12 minute doom masterpiece.. so, so sorrowful.
- Opeth's "The Apostle in Triumph" - a song that kept me going when my soul was a hair away from getting crushed the fuck up. this kept me sane, so much sorrow and emotionality.
- Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
- Dream Theater's "Octavarium" - another 20 minutes masterpiece with all kinds of tempos and solos that go along perfectly with the story told throughout the song
- Pantera's "Cemetery Gates" - thank you Pantera, for the greatest groove-thrash song ever made
- Pink Floyd's "Dogs" - greatest song on Floyd's greatest album "Animals"
- Slayer's "Dead Skin Mask" - greatest serial-killer themed song ever.
- Nightwish's "The Wayfarer" - god bless your voice Tarja
- Muse's "Bliss" - neo progressive masterpiece with the greatest strumming riff ever written.
- In Vain's "On The Banks of The Mississippi" - the most beautiful story-through-description ever told in a song
Your Top Fifteen All Time Favorite Songs ?
(out of the thousands of songs out there, u gotta have good reasons behind the 10 you picked!)