You're stranded on an island. Velociraptors or spiders?

• 174 results
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mushir

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mushir

You are stranded on an island for a week. The island is the size of two football fields. If you survive the week you will be brought back to society, receive 100 million dollars and the power to make pizzas appear instantly in front of you. There is a catch though. You have to choose one of these things to stay with you during your stay: 10 Velociraptors or 1 million spiders (specifically the Brazilian Wandering Spiders). You can not jump into the sea for protection. You do not get to bring any weapons with you. Although you are free to create any kind of weapon using the nature provided by the island.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Was this a rejected Bombcast e-mail? I'd go with the spiders.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Raptors.

I've played enough Turok.

No Caption Provided
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jay444111

Since you said Velociraptors... I will take them on. In reality, they are NOT the size of Jurassic Park version... in fact, they are more or less angry turkey's... as long as you sleep in a tree each night, I think I could take them on easily...

The spiders, fuck that. Fuck that noise HARD!

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mushir

@Jay444111 said:

Since you said Velociraptors... I will take them on. In reality, they are NOT the size of Jurassic Park version... in fact, they are more or less angry turkey's... as long as you sleep in a tree each night, I think I could take them on easily...

Let's say that they are exactly the velociraptors from Jurassic Park.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By artelinarose

Raptors would kill you quickly and efficiently. Spiders are super creepy. Going with the raptors.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jay444111

@Mushir said:

@Jay444111 said:

Let's say that they are exactly the velociraptors from Jurassic Park.

To late! I voted and you didn't specify in the OP on what type of velociraptor it was! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll strangle the shit out of some velociraptors.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By artelinarose

@Artemesia said:

Raptors would kill you quickly and efficiently. Spiders are super creepy. Going with the raptors.

Also one million spiders is a definite no. I can't stand having even one in my apartment.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By matthias2437

10 velociraptors. Literally not even a real choice there, I could kill the fuck out of some raptors, you can eat them once you kill them, and make them pets/mounts.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Artemesia said:

@Artemesia said:

Also one million spiders is a definite no. I can't stand having even one in my apartment.

Oh. I uh...I let one in your apartment because in this reality I know where you live. Go with it.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Spiders, because I can kill spiders.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raptors. As long as they don't gang up on you all at once, it would not be nearly as bad as one million fuckingspiders in my opinion. Raptors are kind of small (up to 33lbs according to wikipedia.)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By Justin258

Velociraptors. See, they're extinct, and you didn't state that I had to be surrounded by live raptors. And it's too late to tell me they're alive, this is hypothetical and you should have had all the details in the first place.

@Jay444111 said:

Nice job misquoting the movie. The raptors in Jurassic Park are fictional, certainly, but the actual ones definitely weren't docile creatures or even anything you could hope to wrestle yourself or kill with makeshift weapons.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IkariNoTekken

@TaliciaDragonsong: Wow, is that you?

You look totally ripped. :P

-

Voting for the Velociraptors. Though I think a million spiders might be a little much really.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sockemjetpack

I'll go with the spiders. I'd rather die via their venom. Also the venom of the Brazilian Wandering Spider causes Priapism. That sounds like a much better way to die than being disemboweled and eaten alive.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jay444111

@believer258 said:

Velociraptors. See, they're extinct, and you didn't state that I had to be surrounded by live raptors. And it's too late to tell me they're alive, this is hypothetical and you should have had all the details in the first place.

@Jay444111 said:

Nice job misquoting the movie. The raptors in Jurassic Park are fictional, certainly, but the actual ones definitely weren't docile creatures or even anything you could hope to wrestle yourself or kill with makeshift weapons.

Do you doubt the powers of slamming a animal the size of a medium dog into a jagged rock? Also the fact that they have somewhat long necks means that they are good for grappling and throwing down.

Also. They are more or less angry turkey's! I am not going by that movie but by how big they actually are, they only go up TO YOUR KNEES!!! Killing all of them would be childs play. Seriously. I could send in a five man team of 8 year olds on the island and they could survive against actual real world Velocirapters!

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mahonay

One million spiders. I can overpower them at least. I'll become their Spider King.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SlasherMan

I think I'd take the Velociraptors, thank you. I was going to go with the spiders, but a million? Nope!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Artemesia said:

@Artemesia said:

Did you....quote yourself?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By AngelN7

@ShadowConqueror said:

Spiders, because I can kill spiders.

This really I don't know what is people's think with spiders use your feet stomp on them ... Raptors? assuming they are alive you won't even last 10 min, besides spiders won't look out to kill you Raptors I'm pretty sure will hunt you down as soon as they see you.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By Justin258

@Jay444111 said:

@believer258 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Do you doubt the powers of slamming a animal the size of a medium dog into a jagged rock? Also the fact that they have somewhat long necks means that they are good for grappling and throwing down.

Also. They are more or less angry turkey's! I am not going by that movie but by how big they actually are, they only go up TO YOUR KNEES!!! Killing all of them would be childs play. Seriously. I could send in a five man team of 8 year olds on the island and they could survive against actual real world Velocirapters!

I never thought I'd be actually giving a kinda-sorta apology for giving misinformation to you, but...OK. I still doubt that anyone could successfully kill ten of them at once (and one would still be a handful because that claw still exists), but a picture of what they might have looked like on Wikipedia does represent a big, angry turkey that comes up to your knees.

Fuck Jurassic Park for its extremely skewed depictions of dinosaurs!

benefitevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By benefitevil

Spiders, sure there are a million of them, but if you create a ring of Fire your golden. That should be easy enough to do, tribes in Africa and Native American's have been doing it for centuries!

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jay444111

@Video_Game_King said:

@Artemesia said:

@Artemesia said:

Did you....quote yourself?

Since I just quoted you! That means I quoted him twice! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Also, another thing need to realize is that a raptor does in fact, have a long-ish neck. That means that it is very likely a person could grab it and just slam the fucker over and over again. Fuck, you could even flail one around as long as you are strong enough!

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Velociraptors. If they kill ya, at least it's quick-ish. Being covered with a million spiders is not cool.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Ive always wanted to be eaten by dinosaurs.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By penguindust

Spiders. If one bites me maybe I'll get superpowers. If a 'raptor bites me, I'm just going to be dinner.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By TobbRobb

Fuck spiders. I can hide from velociraptors, and surviving a few days without food and potentially sleep isn't impossible. I'll just spend the days laying completely still and covered in mud.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ravenlight

I'd rather be killed by velociraptors than spiders.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MikeGosot
@Jay444111: There are ten velociraptors. I'm pretty sure that once one of them saw you trying to kill one of their buddies, they would try to kill you. Besides, their claws will make them harder to throw, and studies suggest that they usually feed while their prey is still alive, since their jaw is not strong enough to dispose of preys quickly, they keep tearing them apart. Think about it. Ten animals, with sickle shaped claws firmly planted into your body, taking away pieces of your muscles while you desperately try to strangle one of them only to lose a finger or two because they're adapted to bite things in motion, and the last thing you'll see are the cold eyes of a velociraptor.
kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kashif1

@Mahonay said:

One million spiders. I can overpower them at least. I'll become their Spider King.

The breed of spider he chose has a potent neurotoxin that among other things causes parism (bassically an uncontrolable and painful boner)

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BraveToaster

An island the size of a football field? Good luck lasting a day with either one of those options.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Spiders. I stay on the beach an figure out my fire situation I have a chance of dealing with them or keeping them away. If the Raptors we're talkin about are the JP version, I have no chance against 10 of them.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NegativeCero

Going with raptors if I had a decent weapon and I could fight them one on one. If all else fails, I could hide.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jay444111

@believer258 said:

@Jay444111 said:

@believer258 said:

@Jay444111 said:

I never thought I'd be actually giving a kinda-sorta apology for giving misinformation to you, but...OK. I still doubt that anyone could successfully kill ten of them at once (and one would still be a handful because that claw still exists), but a picture of what they might have looked like on Wikipedia does represent a big, angry turkey that comes up to your knees.

Fuck Jurassic Park for its extremely skewed depictions of dinosaurs!

The claw only works if they jump on you... since we are humans and are crafted from 4.2 billions years of evolution. I do think we are faster and smarter than their regular prey. In reality I would think jumping on top of one of these bastards may stun it or give you a good way to pin them down as you strangle them to death... or rock smash their face in... then you could make arrows of out their teeth, or spears.

Also if this island was one with jungles. On day 5, after gathering water I would burn the entire place down to the ground. I mean... come one, there are raptors in there! Also I could easily replant the trees and stuff if I can get that money anyways!

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Elazul

@Jay444111 said:

@believer258 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Have you ever disarmed a man of a knife? Tell you what, go do that and then tell me how much fun it would be to try and disarm ten, three-foot tall, lightning-fast, scaly men each armed with two knives that are grafted onto to thier feet, while they're all jumping at you at the same time.

Granted they are quite small, but if you really think you could actually survive an encounter with ten of them while unarmed, let alone easily take them all out yourself, then you're just not being realistic.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jay444111

@MikeGosot said:

@Jay444111: There are ten velociraptors. I'm pretty sure that once one of them saw you trying to kill one of their buddies, they would try to kill you. Besides, their claws will make them harder to throw, and studies suggest that they usually feed while their prey is still alive, since their jaw is not strong enough to dispose of preys quickly, they keep tearing them apart. Think about it. Ten animals, with sickle shaped claws firmly planted into your body, taking away pieces of your muscles while you desperately try to strangle one of them only to lose a finger or two because they're adapted to bite things in motion, and the last thing you'll see are the cold eyes of a velociraptor.

This is why "Flailing" Was invented by knights as they attacked baby dragons. It is literally the same way we got those bastards extinct! We grab one and swing it around like a fucking flail as it dies from being strangles as you hit it's friends with it's body!

Besides, FIRE! I doubt dinosaurs can comprehend the might of fire and would most likely keep their asses away from a man with a fire stick.

@kashif1 said:

@Mahonay said:

The breed of spider he chose has a potent neurotoxin that among other things causes parism (bassically an uncontrolable and painful boner)

Okay... instead of being horrible. This is horribly funny! Dear goodness is that funny!

Bawlsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bawlsz

Raptors mainly because we don't really know how these animals would react to humans, raptors might be scared of humans, and probably because raptors are pretty small, they are as high as your knee. Also I got a phobia about spiders.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheFreeMan

Both of these options are pretty shitty, but one million of (possibly) the most deadly and aggressive spiders on the planet? Fuck. That. 

At least with 10 velociraptors I'd be able to fit on the island without dying instantaneously. And they are kinda small. Granted, there's ten of them and they still have those big claws but at least there's still some faint possibility. Unless they're the type from Jurassic Park like the OP said, but whatever.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jay444111

@Elazul said:

@Jay444111 said:

@believer258 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Have you ever disarmed a man of a knife? Tell you what, go do that and then tell me how much fun it would be to try and disarm ten, three-foot tall, lightning-fast, scaly men each armed with two knives that are grafted onto to thier feet, while they're all jumping at you at the same time.

Granted they are quite small, but if you really think you could actually survive an encounter with ten of them while unarmed, let alone easily take them all out yourself, then you're just not being realistic.

Here us the thing, a Raptor has never dealt with a human being before. Or a adaptive one at that. I myself know how to make fires with very little amounts of stuff involved. I doubt they can comprehend fire as well. Also these things are small. I mean, if you punched one in the face you could probably stun the little bastard pretty easily.

Depending on footware you could stomp them to death if you wanted! if you have thick clothing that only makes it more of a ace in the sleeve for you! Once you kill one I imagine that you could probably make a pretty damn good mace with raptor claws and stuff as well. As long as you have fabrice to tie them together you are fine!

I would rather go against ten raptors than a million spiders. At least the raptors one is possible!

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MikeGosot
@Jay444111 said:

@MikeGosot said:

This is why "Flailing" Was invented by knights as they attacked baby dragons. It is literally the same way we got those bastards extinct! We grab one and swing it around like a fucking flail as it dies from being strangles as you hit it's friends with it's body!

Besides, FIRE! I doubt dinosaurs can comprehend the might of fire and would most likely keep their asses away from a man with a fire stick.

I don't think it would be easy to flail around a velociraptor as you think. First of all, you wouldn't be able to grab them, they would bite your hand many, many times, and as soon as the others have smelled your sweet blood, they would gang up on you, trying to rip off your flesh. Ask for ten of your friends to jump on you and stab you like a motherfucker, to see if it's something easy to fight off.
 And i think they're too dumb to recognize that fire is bad.
71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By 71Ranchero

Raptors. I would rather die quickly rather then be terrified for a long time.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Man, I remember when raptors were all badass.

If I can just kick them around, then I guess I'll go with that.

PHenry1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PHenry1991

I'll stick with the velociraptors. I can't deal with Spiders.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jay444111

@MikeGosot said:

@Jay444111 said:

@MikeGosot said:

I don't think it would be easy to flail around a velociraptor as you think. First of all, you wouldn't be able to grab them, they would bite your hand many, many times, and as soon as the others have smelled your sweet blood, they would gang up on you, trying to rip off your flesh. Ask for ten of your friends to jump on you and stab you like a motherfucker, to see if it's something easy to fight off. And i think they're too dumb to recognize that fire is bad.

Again. Have you ever had to fight a dog for your life? I have, Trust me when I say that I am more afraid of a big ass dog than I am a raptor. At least with a raptor they would be small and have less strength than a big ass dog.

Also the fact that the back of the neck is a weak point is also a awesome. Their jaw could easily be shut just by closing your arms around it. Honestly, there are many ways to kill a raptor. Also don't forget that kicking is always an option. I could probably kick one and smash it's brains in with my boot heel very easily.

Sure I would get cut up bad. But I honestly do think, that as long as you are tough enough and have a firm head on your shoulders, you could be able to kill 10 raptors. IMO anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I can fight Velociraptors, not spiders.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By fattony12000

Laboratory mice subjected to P. nigriventer venom experienced intense penile erections before succumbing to the toxin.

I know what my choice is gonna be.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mandude

This seems strange. Would it even be possible to survive in such a small place with 10 velociraptors? Especially if you're talking about JP style velociraptors.

Then again, I'm not sure how dense the island would be with a million spiders either. It seems like I'm going to die either way.

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Seesic

Velociraptors I could, if nothing else, keep track of them. Plus if there are only ten I could try to just coral them. I wouldn't need to fight the little guys, just trap them.