#1 Posted by cabalonline (3 posts) -

I know we find out the March 2012 Ban list early because of the OCG but when does either of them come out? I'm looking for a specific date, I heard Saturday the 18.

#2 Edited by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I don't think this is the correct forum to ask this question, Anime Vice would get you better results.

#3 Posted by Aetheldod (3495 posts) -

@Hizang said:

I don't think this is the correct forum to ask this question.

I agree with you there , but where should he put this? Anime Vice?

I wonder if there are card gamers in here Giant Bomb .... oh the somewhat good time at Yu Gi Oh , and my pissed off rants of no one respecting the friggin grammar of the cards and the unwriten rules tha wouldnt let me use the trap cards when it was best suited ..... argh >:3

(Altho off topic is the place here)

#4 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

People still play Yugioh? I thought that game had died out.

#5 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

@Aetheldod said:

@Hizang said:

I don't think this is the correct forum to ask this question.

I agree with you there , but where should he put this? Anime Vice?

I wonder if there are card gamers in here Giant Bomb .... oh the somewhat good time at Yu Gi Oh , and my pissed off rants of no one respecting the friggin grammar of the cards and the unwriten rules tha wouldnt let me use the trap cards when it was best suited ..... argh >:3

(Altho off topic is the place here)

Of course there are card gamers on a Video Game site. Somewhat of an inactive MTG player, last time I played was a good 4 months ago. However still have a binder of cards worth about $3500 USD.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14643 posts) -

@IBurningStar said:

People still play Yugioh? I thought that game had died out.

it mostly has, far as I can tell. by that I mean I couldn't find any in walmart when I checked for nostalgia's sake

#7 Edited by Djratchet (668 posts) -

I went to a con where they had a card game area. They have pretty much banned all my favorite old cards, back from when I actively collected (Monster Reborn, Waiku, etc)

Screw the new official rules, I play by the old rules (Also, I have money. Couldn't resist!)

@Animasta: My Walmart still sells em, right along with Magic cards.

#8 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i wasn't into the card game but i was into the anime. pretty good show i guess. i think my walmart still sells the cards.

#9 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

On the note of card games, I walked by a comic book store the other day and there were probably 30-40 people in there playing Magic The Gathering. Crazy stuff.

#10 Posted by CJduke (782 posts) -

I used to play Yugioh back in the day. It was really fun. Damn there is nothing more thrilling than opening up a booster pack and finding an ultra rare

#11 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

On the note of card games, I walked by a comic book store the other day and there were probably 30-40 people in there playing Magic The Gathering. Crazy stuff.

MTG is still pretttttttyyyyy popular, despite you never hearing about it if you aren't in the right circles.

Still, screw both of em. Mythos is where it's atttttttt.

#12 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

On the note of card games, I walked by a comic book store the other day and there were probably 30-40 people in there playing Magic The Gathering. Crazy stuff.

MTG is still pretttttttyyyyy popular, despite you never hearing about it if you aren't in the right circles.

Still, screw both of em. Mythos is where it's atttttttt.

I haven't played MTG since 2003-2004 about five or six sets past the 7th edition. So on a whim I bought the games on Steam to see where it's at now and holy fucking hell is it bloated. There's dozens of different card types and rules where only this affects this, and only that can even hurt that. Unless you know what kind of deck you are going against to begin with it's impossible to build a competitive deck any more.

I long for the days when my simple elf deck could let me have a fleet of 50/50 elf tokens by the 3rd or fourth turn if I got the right cards.

Online
#13 Posted by NaDannMaGoGo (338 posts) -

@Djratchet said:

I went to a con where they had a card game area. They have pretty much banned all my favorite old cards, back from when I actively collected (Monster Reborn, Waiku, etc)

Screw the new official rules, I play by the old rules (Also, I have money. Couldn't resist!)

@Animasta: My Walmart still sells em, right along with Magic cards.

Do they still cost so insanely much? 5€ for a booster here in Germany, of course like 6 years ago already.

Also I still got some neat cards, including a Chaos Emperor Dragon! I hope I can sell it for some nice bucks on eBay or so sometime. Then again, so many people have these cards, they probably aren't worth much :(

#14 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -

I stopped caring about Yugioh once they started using the Advance Format. Traditional Format all day son.

#15 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

On the note of card games, I walked by a comic book store the other day and there were probably 30-40 people in there playing Magic The Gathering. Crazy stuff.

MTG is still pretttttttyyyyy popular, despite you never hearing about it if you aren't in the right circles.

Still, screw both of em. Mythos is where it's atttttttt.

I haven't played MTG since 2003-2004 about five or six sets past the 7th edition. So on a whim I bought the games on Steam to see where it's at now and holy fucking hell is it bloated. There's dozens of different card types and rules where only this affects this, and only that can even hurt that. Unless you know what kind of deck you are going against to begin with it's impossible to build a competitive deck any more.

I long for the days when my simple elf deck could let me have a fleet of 50/50 elf tokens by the 3rd or fourth turn if I got the right cards.

You can win Turn 1 in Legacy and Vintage formats. There is also a similar deck to what you are referring to called Combo-Elves which while isn't very good (due to an abundance of counter-spells) is what I first started playing when I got into the Legacy format 4 years ago when I found out some old friends were playing.