#1 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

So the last few weeks I have been noticing zombies in my life more and more. No not real ones (but I do wake up as one more other than none). For example over the holidays I was showing my young nephew Scribblenauts Unlimited and asked him what he wanted me to try and make. Every single answer after the noun was "now make it a zombie". So I have "zombie tree", "zombie car", "zombie dog" and a "zombie purple bear wearing roller skates that gets angry when he sees a pink zombie cat" (Yes the last one is real and you can do it). Then I go look at my games and movies collection and find I have plenty that have a zombie concept somewhere in it. It may just be the same concept where you don't notice a certain type of car until you buy one yourself. I did just get finished playing all 5 episodes of The Walking Dead and ZombiU. Even COD has an entire zombies section.

What is your take on the entire Zombie epidemic? I know they have been around for years but is it trending up or it is just a trend that has returned yet again. I know there is probably a wiki on the origins of the zombie but what do they mean in today's culture? Is it something that people feel they can use as content right now to turn a buck or is there deeper sociological end of the world thoughts encouraging more of the survival genre? For me since the Twilight movies have turned Vampires into a teenage romance/drama creature I welcome zombies. Your thoughts?

#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

Zombies have been all over for a loooooonnnnggggg time.

#3 Posted by IzzyGraze (838 posts) -

I imagine it's a trend that has come back but I don't know if it has ever been this crazy. I mean when Dawn of the Dead came out, there must have been some zombie fever. I would say it's so huge right now because of the success of The Walking Dead. I would also say zombies being in everything is to turn a buck. I don't have any hard facts or anything though. Maybe someone who was alive in the era of George A Romero can say how things were back then.

I turn to zombies because it seems more plausible than other monsters. It's more grounded in reality in a way. I mean if people did come back from the dead then rotting corpses probably couldn't move let alone do much damage to you, but hey it's fun to think of a Zombie Plan.

#4 Posted by TheHT (10287 posts) -

But wait, the World War Z movie is coming out and it's gonna change everything! Super speed zombies that move as a mass like water, and form pyramids on each other like a goddamn I don't know what!

>:|

#5 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

i kind of think it's trending again. the walking dead, day Z, war Z, videos, and video games that are popular zombie.

maybe zombie boy will be popular again. his some guy who got his entire body tattooed like a zombie as you can see.

#6 Posted by crusader8463 (14321 posts) -

I love me some zombies and hope they are around for a long time. If for no other reason then to annoy all those people that start frothing at the mouth and screaming about how much they hate zombies.

#7 Posted by MonetaryDread (1955 posts) -

zombies are the new ww2 shooter

they need to just disappear

#8 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

It's a shame that so many people use zombies as just filler for content, because a good zombie story tends to be a REALLY good story, and a good zombie game tends to be a REALLY good game. And I really don't get the people who cry zombie fatigue but then buy 8 FPS games a year.

#9 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

@iam3green said:

i kind of think it's trending again. the walking dead, day Z, war Z, videos, and video games that are popular zombie.

maybe zombie boy will be popular again. his some guy who got his entire body tattooed like a zombie as you can see.

I wonder how many job interviews did he get rejected at?

#10 Edited by Soapy86 (2597 posts) -

It's not just zombies, the post-apocalypse in general has been kind of a hot thing for the last few years. I wonder what it says about us that we've become so obsessed with our own demise.

#11 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

@Soapy86 said:

It's not just zombies, the post-apocalypse in general has been kind of a hot thing for the last few years. I wonder what it says about us that we've become so obsessed with our own demise.

I only have until the 21st of this month to finish my shelter.

#12 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

@Blastroid said:

@iam3green said:

I wonder how many job interviews did he get rejected at?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Genest

it says that his a fashion model and artist. he knows lady gaga.

#13 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

I like zombies, I guess they makes us value our humanity.

#14 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2353 posts) -

@iam3green said:

Why, is the only thing I can think of to say.

#15 Posted by Inkerman (1448 posts) -

Well this is amazing so I guess that's that.

#16 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

HOLY FUCK!!! Where?

#17 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6938 posts) -
@crusader8463

I love me some zombies and hope they are around for a long time. If for no other reason then to annoy all those people that start frothing at the mouth and screaming about how much they hate zombies.

Yep I agree. I love the various mythos surrounding zombies.
#18 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

That movie preview was awesome.

Any movie with a zombie monkey? Man those things could come from anywhere!!!

#19 Posted by Arabes (330 posts) -

I don't get this whole "zombies are fucking over" thing that's been going for the last few years, cause they're still really popular and are in every form of media pretty much constantly. Anyone else think it was strange so many people were telling each other it was over?