Zune 80 or Ipod 80?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 100

The Zune 80 is on sale for $200 at futureshop. I can get an iPod Classic 80GB for $205. Which one is the better deal? My friend has an iPod and says it freezes on him often and it shows that he has no music on it, but when he goes to settings it says 40GB used, does this happen to anyoen else?
Does the Zune lag if you have lots of music on it?

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Commando

I have an older iPod(from 2003) and it still works like a champ. I've never had a problem with it, and it is compatible with everything i've plugged into it. even the really expensive pioneer car-ipod adapter

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

Zune 80 works with more media types, has a nicer screen, and the new 3.0 update is supposedly brilliant.

Get the Zune 80.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
100 said:
"My friend has an iPod and says it freezes on him often and it shows that he has no music on it, but when he goes to settings it says 40GB used, does this happen to anyoen else?"
I had that problem on my old 20GB ipod, but my new 80GB one hasn't done it once.

As for which is better, I don't really know much about the zune, but I know I'm very happy with my ipod.
twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By twenty0ne

iPod for sure. Better UI, easier to use, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 100

Does one have better sound quality than the other?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayge_

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/itunes-vs-zune-software-whats-right-for-your-music-215000.php

States that the Zune has fuller playback, even with just the default equalizer on.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=68&showentry=901

These guys seem to be siding with the zune as well.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I have a Zune 80 and love it. My friend has an iPod 80 and has constant problems with it (freezing, lag, etc.) Also Zune doesn't scratch at all because it has a glass screen opposed to the plastic one's that iPod's use.

But iTunes is far superior than the Zune software, and has a lot more accessories.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 100
Jolly_Lolly said:
But iTunes is far superior than the Zune software, and has a lot more accessories.

"
As long as the Zune software gets the music onto my player I'm good.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
100 said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:

"
As long as the Zune software gets the music onto my player I'm good."
You don't even have to use Zune software. I think you can use Winamp, which is infinitely better, or drag n' drop.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolverine

Zune is better for video but the software is a pain, get what you like more. Personally if I were you I would pay the extra $50 and get 40 more gb.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Karmum

I don't know what one is better, but I love the Zune 80. I would recommend that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 100
Wolverine said:
"Zune is better for video but the software is a pain, get what you like more. Personally if I were you I would pay the extra $50 and get 40 more gb."
I don't need the 40GB, but thanks for the recommendation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 100
Karmum said:
"I don't know what one is better, but I love the Zune 80. I would recommend that."
Does your Zune ever lag?
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Karmum
100 said:
"Karmum said:
"I don't know what one is better, but I love the Zune 80. I would recommend that."
Does your Zune ever lag?"
I have not really had any problems when it comes to transition of music, I pretty much will hit a button and it goes once I hit it. The occasional idiot miss hit (me) wrong button, but that is about it. I think what it is really low on battery, it might have a hiccup or two. (I noticed this once, like two days ago, it lagged like a half a second longer than it normally would to back out of something).

But that is about it, it is really lag-free, and I think you would be making an excellent purchase if you do pick up a Zune. It is quite sturdy, and I have had it since of December of 2007, and besides a few bumps on the back of the Zune (from dropping it), it hopes up great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 100
Karmum said:
"I have not really had any problems when it comes to transition of music, I pretty much will hit a button and it goes once I hit it. The occasional idiot miss hit (me) wrong button, but that is about it. I think what it is really low on battery, it might have a hiccup or two. (I noticed this once, like two days ago, it lagged like a half a second longer than it normally would to back out of something).

But that is about it, it is really lag-free, and I think you would be making an excellent purchase if you do pick up a Zune. It is quite sturdy, and I have had it since of December of 2007, and besides a few bumps on the back of the Zune (from dropping it), it hopes up great."
Thanks for the info. Half a second isn't going to kill me. Good to know that its going strong for almost ten months. I'll be buying a case so hopefully that'll protect it when I drop it.

Thanks again.
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Jensonb

iPod man. The zune has a terrible OS and the syncing application is awful

Carlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Carlos

I had an Ipod and indeed crashed or laged sometimes, in order to fix it i had to let it run out of energy and then recharge it fully to make it work again, my brother had a zune but somebody stole it from him, the zune had no problems whatsoever while he had it. btw the Ipod i had was a 40gb classic that i got few years back.

Legendtaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Legendtaker117

Zune is better. Ive owned both, and the Ipod had froze on me many times, but the Zune app isnt as good as the Ipods, but If you know what your doing, it can do everything the Ipod does.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Karmum
Jensonb said:
"iPod man. The zune has a terrible OS and the syncing application is awful"
The OS is actually quite slick, and its a bit ironic how the new iPods are similar to the Zune OS, so then you have to admit the new iPod OS look like shit. I don't know what is hard about plugging in a cable to a PC, then plugging in the sync side to the Zune, and just waiting a minute or two for it to load up.
ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#21  Edited By ManMadeGod

Get the Zune, it's way better than the iPod.
Heck, most MP3 players on the market are better than the iPod.
And as someone said before, the new 3.0 update is niiiiiiiice. You get Hexic for Free :)

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Milkman

Get the iPod. No question.

Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Rain_Dog

I don't have much experience with the iPod, but I had (got stolen) a Zune 80 and I would recommend it. The OS is simple to use, it's got a nice large screen for videos (or games), good sound quality, FM Tuner, and Wi-Fi capabilities. Quality piece of hardware.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 100
ManMadeGod said:
"Get the Zune, it's way better than the iPod.
And as someone said before, the new 3.0 update is niiiiiiiice. You get Hexic for Free :)"
YAY FOR HEXIC!!  Any other games available for download?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jayge_
100 said:
"ManMadeGod said:
And as someone said before, the new 3.0 update is niiiiiiiice. You get Hexic for Free :)"
YAY FOR HEXIC!!  Any other games available for download?"
Texas Hold 'Em comes free too. And the XNA development software will allow more indie devs to publish Zune games, so you shouldn't have to wait long for more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 100
Jayge said:
"100 said:
"ManMadeGod said:
YAY FOR HEXIC!!  Any other games available for download?"
Texas Hold 'Em comes free too. And the XNA development software will allow more indie devs to publish Zune games, so you shouldn't have to wait long for more."
Thanks for all the info and help Jayge.
Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By pirate_republic

I vote zune for high capacity (80 or 120 gb), ipod for low capacity (4 - 16 gb). Zunes are nicer looking than ipod classic, way bigger screen, and are overall better. iPods are much better looking and much more respectable than the small zunes.

Thanatos465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Thanatos465

Ethier the Sony Walkman NWZ is better, u can just drag and drop MP3 on it, no software needed