Official (wut?) Halloween Costume Thread.

• 62 results
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By turboman

Duders! Post yourself in your halloween costumes here!

First up, the worst Steve Jobs costume you'll see this year

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King
@TooWalrus

That's how pretty much every holiday operates. You'd think you'd be used to it by now. You know, develop some type of depressed apathy to it.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

@TooWalrus said:

I'm so fucking sick of everything being coated in orange & black for an entire month.

OSU fans would disagree! (GO BEAVERS)

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Three0neFive
@TooWalrus said:

I'm so fucking sick of everything being coated in orange & black for an entire month. Seriously, those colors mean nothing to me. I'm fucking tired of hearing fucking rent-a-center radio ads done in fucking dracula voices, or car dealerships asking me to 'enter- IF YOU DARE!' I'm sick of hearing mundane every-day things being described as 'spooky' or 'spine-chilling' for no fucking reason at all. I'm sick of the fucking cheapness of it all- from the tacky plastic decorations that my fucking boss put up in our shop, to the terrible fucking 'costumes' I have to see ads for- this is a fucking industry holiday with no purpose other than corporate profit, and if you dig into the origins of the 'holiday', you'll find just how fucking retarded it really is. I don't give a shit if it's one night of fun for the kids, I fucking hate holloween and everything it brings for the entire fucking month.

The problem is that Halloween has become too sterile and family-friendly. Someone needs to break into a pound and let out all the angry, rabid dogs, or postpone their grandpa's funeral a few days and put him out on the lawn.
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By turboman

@TooWalrus said:

I'm so fucking sick of everything being coated in orange & black for an entire month. Seriously, those colors mean nothing to me. I'm fucking tired of hearing fucking rent-a-center radio ads done in fucking dracula voices, or car dealerships asking me to 'enter- IF YOU DARE!' I'm sick of hearing mundane every-day things being described as 'spooky' or 'spine-chilling' for no fucking reason at all. I'm sick of the fucking cheapness of it all- from the tacky plastic decorations that my fucking boss put up in our shop, to the terrible fucking 'costumes' I have to see ads for- this is a fucking industry holiday with no purpose other than corporate profit, and if you dig into the origins of the 'holiday', you'll find just how fucking retarded it really is. I don't give a shit if it's one night of fun for the kids, I fucking hate holloween and everything it brings for the entire fucking month.

Talk to the hand.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By beforet

OP had a purpose for this thread and it wasn't to act as Walrus's soapbox. I intend to support this endeavor!

No Caption Provided
Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jazzycola

@TooWalrus: Sounds like somebody got a bible instead of a Snicker in his trick or treat bag last Christ-O-Ween.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Oldirtybearon
No Caption Provided

Not mine, but a friend linked it to me and I laughed for a good five minutes. Halloween needs more of this genius.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KingWilly said:

No Caption Provided

Not mine, but a friend linked it to me and I laughed for a good five minutes. Halloween needs more of this genius.

Wow. That is crazy.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

@TooWalrus said:

Two more days, buddy. It's gonna be okay. I'm with ya.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By LiquidSwords

@TooWalrus said:

Enjoy staying home playing your computer games
Enjoy staying home playing your computer games
rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By rachelepithet

@TooWalrus said:

Bravo

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FunExplosions

I'm gonna be Bear Grylls. Apparently I look like him, so I'm just gonna carry a jug of piss with me.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FunExplosions

Man, it is tooo walrus up in here.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By FancySoapsMan
my best costume ever
my best costume ever
Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Deleth

Don't have one, people around here do not celebrate Halloween.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

Posted it in another forum, but I'll also put some pics here.

No Caption Provided
Same Costume, 17 years ago.
Same Costume, 17 years ago.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@TooWalrus

I'm so fucking sick of everything being coated in red & green for an entire month. Seriously, those colors mean nothing to me. I'm fucking tired of hearing fucking rent-a-center radio ads done in fucking Santa voices, or car dealerships asking me to 'enter Santa's shack' I'm sick of hearing mundane every-day things being described as 'jolly' or 'festive' for no fucking reason at all. I'm sick of the fucking cheapness of it all- from the tacky plastic decorations that my fucking boss put up in our shop, to the terrible fucking 'gifts' I have to see ads for- this is a fucking industry holiday with no purpose other than corporate profit, and if you dig into the origins of the 'holiday', you'll find just how fucking retarded it really is. I don't give a shit if it's one night of fun for the kids, I fucking hate Christmas and everything it brings for the entire fucking month.

Applicable to every holiday ever, you miserable motherfucker.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By toowalrus

@GunslingerPanda: I'm with ya man. Fuck that shit.

@Video_Game_King: @Animasta: @Three0neFive: @TurboMan: @Roflwaffles: @Jazzycola: @LiquidSwords:

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have made a post that would upset so many people right before going to bed. Sorry I insulted your silly holiday. I guess after living in New Zealand for a few years (where it doesn't really exist), I came back to realize how stupid the whole thing really is. The rest of the world's got the right idea.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zeforgotten

@TooWalrus said:

@Video_Game_King: @Animasta: @Three0neFive: @TurboMan: @Roflwaffles: @Jazzycola: @LiquidSwords:

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have made a post that would upset so many people right before going to bed. Sorry I insulted your silly holiday. I guess after living in New Zealand for a few years (where it doesn't really exist), I came back to realize how stupid the whole thing really is. The rest of the world's got the right idea.

Sadly no, Denmark now has two versions we stole Halloween and we've had Fastelavn for years

Wanna know the difference? at Fastelavn the kids dress up scarier than for Halloween. So if you were annoyed by little kids walking up to your door and ringing the bell then demanding candy you're just gonna loove that it now happens 2 times each year.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By AngelN7

@TooWalrus: No you´re right people in other countries when that holliday dosn´t exit needs to shut up and stop being posers , grown ups and kids celebrate that shit here too and the only thing know about it coming from from TV shows and movies is ridiculous.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sjupp

@Fear_the_Booboo: That's fucking rad.

Halloween is pretty much nonexistent here in Sweden.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ZimboDK
@ZeForgotten said:

@TooWalrus said:

Sadly no, Denmark now has two versions we stole Halloween and we've had Fastelavn for years

Wanna know the difference? at Fastelavn the kids dress up scarier than for Halloween. So if you were annoyed by little kids walking up to your door and ringing the bell then demanding candy you're just gonna loove that it now happens 2 times each year.

Well, usually fastelavn is for the kids. Haven't really seen a lot of kids on halloween where I live. Halloween is for adults who like to dress up and get drunk (fuck yes!).
Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

@Sjupp: Thanks duder.

Sweden looks depressing, but that's because I only know of it from Bergman's films.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Capum15
@FunExplosions said:
I'm gonna be Bear Grylls. Apparently I look like him, so I'm just gonna carry a jug of piss with me.
Couldn't find my "I Support This Post" picture of a happy post-support, so here's this relevant one instead.

No Caption Provided
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zeforgotten

@ZimboDK said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@TooWalrus said:

Well, usually fastelavn is for the kids. Haven't really seen a lot of kids on halloween where I live. Halloween is for adults who like to dress up and get drunk (fuck yes!).

More and more kids seem to be catching on to this around here, sadly. Unless of course I can scare them by stabbing one of their friends with a knife then I'm all for them showing up at my door saying "Trick or treat!!" with the most horrible accent, haha.

I don't need events to get drunk though, I have a picture of me taken where I was drinking at some halloween event but the guy who invited me paid for the beer and I can't say no to free drinks.. or food.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FunExplosions
@Capum15 said:
@FunExplosions said:
Couldn't find my "I Support This Post" picture of a happy post-support, so here's this relevant one instead.

No Caption Provided
Dude! That's especially relevant for me, because I totally got lost in one of those when I was a kid. Also, that red section in the picture was badass.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Capum15
@FunExplosions: Hah, I can barely remember those things, but I do recall them being like an impossible maze for kids. I also remember some of the plastic slides they had there too, leading out of them. They gave you enough static charge to restart someone's heart.
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By CastroCasper

@Capum15 said:

@FunExplosions: Hah, I can barely remember those things, but I do recall them being like an impossible maze for kids. I also remember some of the plastic slides they had there too, leading out of them. They gave you enough static charge to restart someone's heart.

Wow, it has been a very long time since I have been in one of those, but the one thing I remember most is the electric charge you built up going down those slides. You could charge a fucking car battery with all that juice.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Capum15
@Kurtdyoung said:

@Capum15 said:

Wow, it has been a very long time since I have been in one of those, but the one thing I remember most is the electric charge you built up going down those slides. You could charge a fucking car battery with all that juice.

I know, right? It was like you were Cole from InFamous for a split second. Like an untapped power source; and you could never manage to get that amount of charge anywhere else, either.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FunExplosions
@Capum15: Haha, I do remember that now. I used to run up and shock my parents.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dany

I am dressing up as a nerd and heading to the library for my party

oh no...

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@TooWalrus said:

I was going to say. Try moving to the UK or basically anywhere else in Europe, it's barely celebrated here.

I'd actually probably enjoy it, but I can see why the politically correct cheapness of the whole thing would be grating.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sirdesmond

Wow, this is a failure of a thread.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jazzycola

@TooWalrus: From my standpoint the only person getting upset is you since the majority doesn't agrees with you. Either that or your definition of upset is mild-tempered people which makes it understandable why you hate Halloween. Cause from your standpoint everyone that wears a costume is an upset person with a knife or zombie steve jobs or worse an upset ghost(Casper's Evil Twin). Who wouldn't hate that?

If you don't like Halloween or any other activity just don't participate in it. To you Halloween is a waste of money but there are a lot of people that would say that about playing video games. Let people enjoy the things they like, don't shit on it and start becoming a cynical demeaning a-hole.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By turboman

@sirdesmond said:

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sjupp

DONT WORRY TURBO WE STILL LOVE YOU!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By Dagbiker

I totally read the topic as

Official (hot?) Halloween Costume Thread.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By benpack

Fuck it. I love Halloween. It's my birthday and all. Here's me last year as the Jolly Green Giant.

No Caption Provided

I made the toga myself out of an old summer camp tee shirt and a bunch of felt for the leaves.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mars_Cleric

I'm in Australia so I'm not really into Halloween

but we've now got the generation below mine coming around trying to scab lollies

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Masha2932
@xobballox said:

@KingWilly said:

No Caption Provided

Wow. That is crazy.

Wow.
razorzxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By razorzxz
It's a Morphsuit!
It's a Morphsuit!
Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I'm not dressing up.

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thebatmobile

I dressed up as an undead ghost boxer with a silly mustache. I don't have a picture though.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By daiphyer

@GlenTennis: Hey, it's my birthday too!

Happy birthday! ... To me!

No Caption Provided
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By mylifeforAiur
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Red12b

@KingWilly said:

No Caption Provided

what the hell

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Red12b

@TurboMan said:

@sirdesmond said:

@Sjupp said: