Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I imagine you looking something like this in ten years:

No Caption Provided

On the subject of driving, I also have one eye that isn't as good as the other but I have no problems driving. I'm not going to sit here and say that it's not a potentially difficult thing to do, but it never has been for me. That experience varies greatly, though, but unless your eyesight is a whole lot worse than mine, don't sweat driving to much. It's more about paying attention than it is anything else, and if you can do that then you can drive. You don't even have to memorize directions anymore if you buy a GPS.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By VisariLoyalist
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By McGhee

Go and get a job NOW. That is all.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Tireyo

@believer258 said:

No Caption Provided

On the subject of driving, I also have one eye that isn't as good as the other but I have no problems driving. I'm not going to sit here and say that it's not a potentially difficult thing to do, but it never has been for me. That experience varies greatly, though, but unless your eyesight is a whole lot worse than mine, don't sweat driving to much. It's more about paying attention than it is anything else, and if you can do that then you can drive. You don't even have to memorize directions anymore if you buy a GPS.

I'm having a tough time with driving, but I'll get it. A new problem that arose just today was that in bright daylight, I cannot see a turn signal too well... and my mother seen it clearly. I turn far too sharply, and I go too fast when turning off. I also still have a tough time backing up and parking. I have an iphone that tells me directions. Judging turns, keeping eyes on the road, glancing at mirrors, and backing up is my main problem. I do great on the highway, but I do terrible when it comes to crowded town driving. I'm having a difficult time, but again... I'll get it.

@VisariLoyalist said:

yar man driving aint all that bad infact some studies suggest video game players are better skilled drivers due to their visual skills.http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/05/0528_030528_videogames.html

Games have prepared me to drive, however, games hasn't required me to glance in mirrors. In games, I wreck alot... so I may defy that study. =-P

@McGhee said:

Trust me, I'll get a job. I want to get my education and drive first before I get one. I want to have some sort of pride in myself when I apply for jobs, because when I tell people that I only have a learners permit, they come back at me with "Well, you should be able to drive by now and have a licence, and yet you are aiming for a Bachelor's degree and cannot drive! Something wrong there." As I said, I want some sort of pride in myself to where I can have a licence before I get a job. So now isn't the answer.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#6  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Tireyo643: I'm with McGhee. Get the license and then immediately the job afterwards. If your mom wants to bounce on you once she considers you "self-sufficient," you want as much job experience before that as possible.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tireyo

@Little_Socrates said:

@Tireyo643: I'm with McGhee. Get the license and then immediately the job afterwards. If your mom wants to bounce on you once she considers you "self-sufficient," you want as much job experience before that as possible.

Education is always first before anything else though. Currently, I'm dealing with a really tough and demanding class that requires a lot of hours that wouldn't allow me time to have a job. So there is work to do before a job is ever considered, but in the mean time... I'm getting schooled in everything at the moment and that includes driving!

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By McGhee

@Tireyo643 said:

@believer258 said:

No Caption Provided

I'm having a tough time with driving, but I'll get it. A new problem that arose just today was that in bright daylight, I cannot see a turn signal too well... and my mother seen it clearly. I turn far too sharply, and I go too fast when turning off. I also still have a tough time backing up and parking. I have an iphone that tells me directions. Judging turns, keeping eyes on the road, glancing at mirrors, and backing up is my main problem. I do great on the highway, but I do terrible when it comes to crowded town driving. I'm having a difficult time, but again... I'll get it.

@VisariLoyalist said:

yar man driving aint all that bad infact some studies suggest video game players are better skilled drivers due to their visual skills.http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/05/0528_030528_videogames.html

Games have prepared me to drive, however, games hasn't required me to glance in mirrors. In games, I wreck alot... so I may defy that study. =-P

@McGhee said:

Trust me, I'll get a job. I want to get my education and drive first before I get one. I want to have some sort of pride in myself when I apply for jobs, because when I tell people that I only have a learners permit, they come back at me with "Well, you should be able to drive by now and have a licence, and yet you are aiming for a Bachelor's degree and cannot drive! Something wrong there." As I said, I want some sort of pride in myself to where I can have a licence before I get a job. So now isn't the answer.

People hiring for entry level jobs do not give a shit if you have a drivers license or a permit. All they want is someone that can show up on time and not be a complete idiot. "Somethings wrong here?" Down the line something is going to be REALLY wrong when you are as old as you will be and have ZERO work experience. Go work at a fast food place. They are always hiring.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

@McGhee said:

@Tireyo643 said:

@believer258 said:

No Caption Provided

@VisariLoyalist said:

@McGhee said:

People hiring for entry level jobs do not give a shit if you have a drivers license or a permit. All they want is someone that can show up on time and not be a complete idiot. "Somethings wrong here?" Down the line something is going to be REALLY wrong when you are as old as you will be and have ZERO work experience. Go work at a fast food place. They are always hiring.

I concur with McGhee. You really need a job; don't expect to be able to jump straight from never working into a good-paying job. If you can get reliable transportation, then someone will hire you. If you can't get reliable transportation, make some good friends.

You don't get pride in yourself by sitting around. That's an excuse to keep sitting around.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By CaLe

I disagree with the sentiment going on in here. Your education comes before all else. You need to make sure you can get through it without the time consumption/distraction that comes with having to work. Most likely at a job you won't be happy doing. Get your education and find a job it applies to. Don't do something you're not happy with -- you know you've been depressed before. Working at a job you don't care for could bring all that shit back.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tireyo

@CaLe said:

I disagree with the sentiment going on in here. Your education comes before all else. You need to make sure you can get through it without the time consumption/distraction that comes with having to work. Most likely at a job you won't be happy doing. Get your education and find a job it applies to. Don't do something you're not happy with -- you know you've been depressed before. Working at a job you don't care for could bring all that shit back.

Looks like someone agrees with me!

@McGhee: @believer258: Trust me, I'm doing everything but sitting around. I do college work each and everyday, and learning accounting in only 5 short weeks isn't a picnic as the work is massive and very timely. Keeping on with the education is my best choice before considering anything else, because I've come too far to stop. Like CaLe said, I do not need the distraction because of this. Along with getting this education, I'm learning how to drive so I won't ever have to worry about being late for a job in the future, cause that's what it would come to if I couldn't drive. I cannot rely on my mom to take me or ride with me each and every time to work because she is sick again with the cancer... and knowing absolutely no one in my new town doesn't help either. I must learn anyways how to drive, and I'm having a very difficult time with it. It's a stressful process, and I will always have concerns about things, because it's the way I am sadly. These are challenges that I have to deal with, whether I can deal with them or not. I know that zero work experience is going to hurt me, but the thing is... companies are willing to train and mold anyone with a bachelors in business administration degree, because they know you've spent the money to get it. It's sadly nothing but a big money game, because I'm going to have to pay off a student loan before long... but maybe I'll have more of a chance of doing something I like that will pay that off quicker than later. It's no fun being in debt.

Maybe if I'm still around, I'll let everyone know how everything goes with all this.

Feel free to share a challenge or two that you all are going through, so I don't feel like the only one left out here... cause it sort of makes me feel like I'm the only one here with problems. Remember that there are no obligations, so call now! =-P Ok, no obligations... and no you don't have to call now. LOL.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Sploder

Don't have much to comment on, but I enjoy reading your blogs, keep doin' em' dude.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tireyo

@Sploder said:

Don't have much to comment on, but I enjoy reading your blogs, keep doin' em' dude.

Well thank you!!