• 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Have you ever used an Ouija Board ? (114 votes)

Yes I have and shit got real creepy. 8%
I did and nothing happen it was all bullshit. 21%
Can't say I've never used it before. 71%

Just wondering if people actually tried it. Last year I was suppose to have an Ouija Board session with some friends, but we all decided to backout. All of us was skeptical, but at the sametime if it does works we didn't want nothing following us.

#1 Posted by DeeGee (2144 posts) -

All three choices are yes.

Bad poll is bad.

#2 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

There's no "No" option.

#3 Posted by Wolfgame (846 posts) -

@hailinel: yea, I am assuming that he meant to include a comma, at the moment it says "Can not say I have never used it before" ... actually even then it is kinda worded poorly, but to answer the question; I do think you and your friends could find more entertaining things to do, that's just my 2 cents.

#4 Edited by falserelic (5480 posts) -

My fault with the poll options.

@wolfgame My friend thought it would be something fun to do for Halloween.

#5 Posted by Aetheldod (3682 posts) -

No ... nor plan to / wish to , dont wanna risk it. Silly of me I know , but possesions freaks me out way too hard :(

#6 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1859 posts) -

There are plenty of more exciting ways to tap into your subconscious.

#7 Posted by geirr (2679 posts) -

Yes but I was young and wanted to get closer to the girls playing around with the "occult stuff" and it payed off marvelously.

#8 Posted by nathmundo (1 posts) -

Have you heard of the ideomotor effect? The same effect as occurs in dowsing. Shit gets real spooky when you don't understand what is actually happening. But gets genuinely interesting when you do.

#9 Posted by Yummylee (22290 posts) -

Haha.

oh falserelic, you crazy mang.

#10 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Some friends and I used one in a cemetery one night. Nothing happened, but now we are all dead so I watch your back I guess.

#11 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4738 posts) -

Nope. When I was still "religious," it was out of some sort of fear. Now, I just think it's all sorts of dumb. For all I know, there could be some real supernatural shit out there, but lately I've been on some weird science and debunking of magicians bender on Youtube and let me just say, it'd take some crazy shit to convince me anything supernatural was actual "real."

Online
#12 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1859 posts) -

Have you heard of the ideomotor effect? The same effect as occurs in dowsing. Shit gets real spooky when you don't understand what is actually happening. But gets genuinely interesting when you do.

That's what I was looking for. Yeah, that.

#13 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

Have you heard of the ideomotor effect? The same effect as occurs in dowsing. Shit gets real spooky when you don't understand what is actually happening. But gets genuinely interesting when you do.

First time I heard of that word. In someways I guess we all experienced that in our lives.

@aetheldod Even though I'm an atheist. I still don't feel right about messing with an Ouija board. Friends had thoughts about burning it afterwards and it just creeped me out. If its real, last thing I don't want is to be followed by some candyman looking dude.

@yummylee I know I can't help it sometimes. I like spooky shit, reason why I love horror games so much.

@artelinarose Usually I tap into my subconscious by working out, and unleash an hidden angry beast that resides in me.

#14 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

Nope. When I was still "religious," it was out of some sort of fear. Now, I just think it's all sorts of dumb. For all I know, there could be some real supernatural shit out there, but lately I've been on some weird science and debunking of magicians bender on Youtube and let me just say, it'd take some crazy shit to convince me anything supernatural was actual "real."

I used to be heavily involved in watching paranormal stuff, but after a certain point in my life I stopped believing it.

#15 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1859 posts) -

@artelinarose Usually I tap into my subconscious by working out, and unleash an hidden angry beast that resides in me.

Are you He-Man?

#16 Posted by Omega (835 posts) -

lately I've been on some weird science and debunking of magicians bender on Youtube and let me just say, it'd take some crazy shit to convince me anything supernatural was actual "real."

Me too! I watch one little Penn and Teller AmA and my recommended list got flooded with a bunch of James Randi debunking videos. I couldn't stop watching them for a few days. I especially enjoyed watching the cold reader "psychics" and the faith healers get called out. I hate when people have their grief taken advantage of.

#17 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@artelinarose Usually I tap into my subconscious by working out, and unleash an hidden angry beast that resides in me.

Are you He-Man?

More like a reincarnation of Death itself, aleast in my imagination I want to be. Sometimes I might have sadistic evil thoughts about certain things, but I guess we all do in someways.

#18 Posted by SunBroZak (1287 posts) -

Yes.

#19 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1859 posts) -

@artelinarose said:

@falserelic said:

@artelinarose Usually I tap into my subconscious by working out, and unleash an hidden angry beast that resides in me.

Are you He-Man?

More like a reincarnation of Death itself, aleast in my imagination I want to be. Sometimes I might have sadistic evil thoughts about certain things, but I guess we all do in someways.

So you have a thing for Skeletor?

#20 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#21 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@artelinarose said:

@falserelic said:

@artelinarose Usually I tap into my subconscious by working out, and unleash an hidden angry beast that resides in me.

Are you He-Man?

More like a reincarnation of Death itself, aleast in my imagination I want to be. Sometimes I might have sadistic evil thoughts about certain things, but I guess we all do in someways.

So you have a thing for Skeletor?

More like installing fear into people. People fear death, death brings pain, death brings sadness, death is eternal. Goddammit now I feel like playing Darksiders 2 again.

#22 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1859 posts) -

@artelinarose said:

@falserelic said:

@artelinarose said:

@falserelic said:

@artelinarose Usually I tap into my subconscious by working out, and unleash an hidden angry beast that resides in me.

Are you He-Man?

More like a reincarnation of Death itself, aleast in my imagination I want to be. Sometimes I might have sadistic evil thoughts about certain things, but I guess we all do in someways.

So you have a thing for Skeletor?

More like installing fear into people. People fear death, death brings pain, death brings sadness, death is eternal. Goddammit now I feel like playing Darksiders 2 again.

I think we all have a thing for Michael Wincott.

#23 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

I think when I played Taboo: The Sixth Sense? I know there's at least one video game I've played that includes a Ouija board.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I was confusing that with a Retsupurae video.

I'm surprise there's a video game that's about the Ouija board.

#25 Posted by JadeGL (946 posts) -

When I was a young girl and into anything occult my parents bought me one, along with a set of tarot cards and lots of fun books on folklore, vampires, ghosts, etc. I grew out of playing with the boards and cards (I picked option 2, it's BS in my experience) but I still love reading about the stuff. I wish I still had some of my books too, but I only kept the nicest ones.

My tarot deck was a Scred Rose deck, if anyone was wondering. They had really gorgeous artwork and a great reference guide. The Ouija board was Parker Bros. :)

Moderator
#26 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -
I did and nothing happen it was all bullshit.

#27 Edited by falserelic (5480 posts) -

@nekroskop: LOL! I've completely forgotten about the ouya's existence.

#28 Edited by Stonyman65 (2821 posts) -

I did and it was creepy until I found out how they actually work and then it wasn't creepy.

Your fingers move the thing subconsciously through ideomotor movement

#29 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I want to use a Ouija board so bad. I've been dying to try one for ages. One of my jobs has a supposedly haunted basement and I want to go down there one night and try to communicate with any spirits that may or may not exist. The paranormal is fascinating to me and I just want to try.

#30 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3697 posts) -

Yeah, when I was younger I was in summer camp and I manipulated the board to spell poop. My bunk mates would freak out whenever they had to use the bathroom at night.

Online
#31 Posted by erhard (436 posts) -

No. I don't know anyone who would believe in something like that.

#32 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

I want to use a Ouija board so bad. I've been dying to try one for ages. One of my jobs has a supposedly haunted basement and I want to go down there one night and try to communicate with any spirits that may or may not exist. The paranormal is fascinating to me and I just want to try.

Go for it and bring a recorder just in case if you pick up an evp. Go at night since the majority of people are sleep and there's less noise. Then you want to do something to either aggravate the spirits, or maybe something that might catch their attention so they can make noise. At the sametime that can go very badly so be careful.

#33 Posted by Hunter5024 (5902 posts) -

I have a couple of friends who believe in ghosts, spirits, and demons and stuff, but they wouldn't use a ouija board, because they are genuinely afraid of what might happen. All of my other friends would just think it's stupid. So no I've never used one. Personally the only way I could see myself getting into that is if I met some cute girl who was into occult stuff.

#34 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

I have a couple of friends who believe in ghosts, spirits, and demons and stuff, but they wouldn't use a ouija board, because they are genuinely afraid of what might happen. All of my other friends would just think it's stupid. So no I've never used one. Personally the only way I could see myself getting into that is if I met some cute girl who was into occult stuff.

If I met a girl that was into the occult I would stay far away from her. I Imagine if that girl got pissed-off at me one day. She would do a ritual that would fuck me up. Like that one movie The Craft about the teenage witches.

#35 Posted by HurricaneIvan29 (672 posts) -

In the words of the great Kenny Powers: "Fuck that noise!"

#36 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5902 posts) -

Although I really doubt anything would happen, I'm not gonna try and find out.

#37 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12004 posts) -

I'm not really into satan or fake confirmation-bias toys that teenagers bring out during Halloween parties. Either way, using one is a losing proposition.

#38 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

@davidwitten22 said:

I want to use a Ouija board so bad. I've been dying to try one for ages. One of my jobs has a supposedly haunted basement and I want to go down there one night and try to communicate with any spirits that may or may not exist. The paranormal is fascinating to me and I just want to try.

Go for it and bring a recorder just in case if you pick up an evp. Go at night since the majority of people are sleep and there's less noise. Then you want to do something to either aggravate the spirits, or maybe something that might catch their attention so they can make noise. At the sametime that can go very badly so be careful.

We've had ghost teams come into my work and stay overnight and record stuff, EVPs and all that. I'm incredibly skeptical of ghost hunters and "paranormal experts" and the like so I took their findings with a grain of salt. They recorded the sounds of slave chains and this dude apologizing (a guy committed suicide there a few hundred years ago).

My skepticism aside, I really do truly believe in ghosts and spirits affecting our lives without us knowing it. I want to communicate with them, but I'm not trying to impede on their lives (or lack thereof I guess). I'm not interested in going in there and trying to "rile them up" or aggravate them as I can understand that they want to be left alone. But if they want to communicate with me of their own free will then I will gladly listen to what they have to say. If I get nothing but silence, I will leave them be.

#39 Edited by falserelic (5480 posts) -

@davidwitten22 said:

@falserelic said:

@davidwitten22 said:

I want to use a Ouija board so bad. I've been dying to try one for ages. One of my jobs has a supposedly haunted basement and I want to go down there one night and try to communicate with any spirits that may or may not exist. The paranormal is fascinating to me and I just want to try.

Go for it and bring a recorder just in case if you pick up an evp. Go at night since the majority of people are sleep and there's less noise. Then you want to do something to either aggravate the spirits, or maybe something that might catch their attention so they can make noise. At the sametime that can go very badly so be careful.

We've had ghost teams come into my work and stay overnight and record stuff, EVPs and all that. I'm incredibly skeptical of ghost hunters and "paranormal experts" and the like so I took their findings with a grain of salt. They recorded the sounds of slave chains and this dude apologizing (a guy committed suicide there a few hundred years ago).

My skepticism aside, I really do truly believe in ghosts and spirits affecting our lives without us knowing it. I want to communicate with them, but I'm not trying to impede on their lives (or lack thereof I guess). I'm not interested in going in there and trying to "rile them up" or aggravate them as I can understand that they want to be left alone. But if they want to communicate with me of their own free will then I will gladly listen to what they have to say. If I get nothing but silence, I will leave them be.

For me I don't know what to think when it comes to Paranormal Experiences. I used to watch alot of ghost stories when I was a teen. Reason why is because I had something strange happen to me once when I was a kid, and my mom at the time had something similar happen that she couldn't explain, but nowadays I figure it was just our imaginations since we was going through a tough time.

Over the years alot of things in my life took a turn for the worse, and I just got to a point where I stopped believing in the paranormal and God altogether.

#40 Edited by Jeust (10818 posts) -

I believe in spirits, and I'm not stupid to meddle with something I know little about, and can have serious consequences.

#41 Posted by Rick_Fingers (523 posts) -

No, but I've been bored of an Ouya.

#42 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

@davidwitten22 said:

@falserelic said:

@davidwitten22 said:

I want to use a Ouija board so bad. I've been dying to try one for ages. One of my jobs has a supposedly haunted basement and I want to go down there one night and try to communicate with any spirits that may or may not exist. The paranormal is fascinating to me and I just want to try.

Go for it and bring a recorder just in case if you pick up an evp. Go at night since the majority of people are sleep and there's less noise. Then you want to do something to either aggravate the spirits, or maybe something that might catch their attention so they can make noise. At the sametime that can go very badly so be careful.

We've had ghost teams come into my work and stay overnight and record stuff, EVPs and all that. I'm incredibly skeptical of ghost hunters and "paranormal experts" and the like so I took their findings with a grain of salt. They recorded the sounds of slave chains and this dude apologizing (a guy committed suicide there a few hundred years ago).

My skepticism aside, I really do truly believe in ghosts and spirits affecting our lives without us knowing it. I want to communicate with them, but I'm not trying to impede on their lives (or lack thereof I guess). I'm not interested in going in there and trying to "rile them up" or aggravate them as I can understand that they want to be left alone. But if they want to communicate with me of their own free will then I will gladly listen to what they have to say. If I get nothing but silence, I will leave them be.

For me I don't know what to think when it comes to Paranormal Experiences. I used to watch alot of ghost stories when I was a teen. Reason why is because I had something strange happen to me once when I was a kid, and my mom at the time had something similar happen that she couldn't explain, but nowadays I figure it was just our imaginations since we was going through a tough time.

Over the years alot of things in my life took a turn for the worse, and I just got to a point where I stopped believing in the paranormal and God altogether.

You can believe in one and not the other, the position that I stand in. I have been fooled before as I used to hallucinate a lot due to a multi-year battle with frequent episodes of sleep paralysis. I used to see shadows and spirits and bugs and all kinds of crazy shit while I laid paralyzed in bed, as well as feeling, hearing, and smelling these things as well. I did some research and talked to some people and learned that it is due to chemical imbalances due to stress (with sleeping on your back exacerbating the issue). Despite that, I still just have a feeling that theres something paranormal going on around us. I don't pretend to understand whats going on in this world and I doubt anyone ever will be able to comprehend even an iota of it, so I don't rule anything out.

#43 Posted by LikeaSsur (1581 posts) -

This poll is grammatically terrible. No, I haven't.

#44 Posted by BisonHero (6803 posts) -

@geirr said:

Yes but I was young and wanted to get closer to the girls playing around with the "occult stuff" and it payed off marvelously.

This, my friends, is really the only reason you should be near a Ouija board.

It's also the main reason to go see horror movies with groups of female friends. Take advantage of all kinds of "vague sense of danger + strong male figure beside me" female brain chemistry.

Online
#45 Posted by SlashDance (1841 posts) -

No.

Ghosts don't exist.

#46 Posted by Korwin (2982 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@davidwitten22 said:

I want to use a Ouija board so bad. I've been dying to try one for ages. One of my jobs has a supposedly haunted basement and I want to go down there one night and try to communicate with any spirits that may or may not exist. The paranormal is fascinating to me and I just want to try.

Go for it and bring a recorder just in case if you pick up an evp. Go at night since the majority of people are sleep and there's less noise. Then you want to do something to either aggravate the spirits, or maybe something that might catch their attention so they can make noise. At the sametime that can go very badly so be careful.

We've had ghost teams come into my work and stay overnight and record stuff, EVPs and all that. I'm incredibly skeptical of ghost hunters and "paranormal experts" and the like so I took their findings with a grain of salt. They recorded the sounds of slave chains and this dude apologizing (a guy committed suicide there a few hundred years ago).

My skepticism aside, I really do truly believe in ghosts and spirits affecting our lives without us knowing it. I want to communicate with them, but I'm not trying to impede on their lives (or lack thereof I guess). I'm not interested in going in there and trying to "rile them up" or aggravate them as I can understand that they want to be left alone. But if they want to communicate with me of their own free will then I will gladly listen to what they have to say. If I get nothing but silence, I will leave them be.

As always South Park perfectly sums up my opinion.

#47 Posted by awesomeusername (4230 posts) -

no

#48 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

@korwin: But that's not at all how TAPS operated. They were pretty damn skeptical and good about debunking most of the shit they encountered. I actually met them once through my mother's paranormal group, they're pretty cool.

#49 Posted by moondogg (236 posts) -

Quickly consulting the spirits, (wikipedia) tells me, Hasbro currently owns the trademark. Ohhhh mystical!

No, haven't used one.

#50 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1467 posts) -

I did one time, and the board told me to drop my pants. Suddenly my belt exploded and pants were dropped. I will keep all other spoilers to myself, sorry.