Posted by Quantris (285 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Would you enjoy seeing Vinny do a run-through of this game (à la Bioforge)? (87 votes)

YES 55%
NO 17%
ONLY IF DANNY O'DWYER IS THERE TOO 28%

In a perfect world Patrick would be able to participate too. I'm finally getting close to the end of this game and think that the reactions to the plot twists as well as just the interactions with Elena would be entertaining. Also, the dungeons are short enough that we could potentially see a boss fight each episode, and the boss fights in this game are reasonably varied / interesting IMO.

#1 Edited by Damodar (1425 posts) -

Yes, but entirely because it would be Vinny. The actual game factors in to roughly 0% of my decision.

#2 Posted by Morningstar (2185 posts) -

I would enjoy Vinny playing through anything.

#3 Posted by Twinsun (481 posts) -

I really enjoyed my time with it, so I wouldn't mind seeing him playing it.

#4 Posted by DeF (4921 posts) -

All this does is remind me that I finally need to continue my year old save once my schedule clears up! :D

#5 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1809 posts) -

You mean like an Endurance run?

#6 Posted by Wuddel (2098 posts) -

Urgh, japanese games ...

#7 Edited by killacam (1284 posts) -

so this game ain't half bad? the premise/ setting reminds me of a team ico game.

#8 Edited by Lydian_Sel (2487 posts) -

O'DWYER OR BUST!!!

#9 Posted by Mento (2676 posts) -

You know, I'm just so happy that someone bothered to acknowledge this game since its US release that I don't even mind that it's yet another "make this an Endurance Run!" thread. I'll take what I can get.

Also, no, as much as I like the game. The next Vinny ER/Random PC Game, if such a thing comes to pass, will be Spycraft or that Flash Traffic game he just bought from eBay. FMV is definitely preferable. (Still holding out hope for a Die by the Sword appearance, though. If you guys thought BioForge's combat was unwieldy...)

#10 Posted by 5Figh (172 posts) -

nope

#11 Posted by EuanDewar (5028 posts) -

@mento: Chances are you already know this but before the first Bioforge livestream Vinny and Danny played like half an hour of Die By The Sword and pretty much got nowhere.

#12 Edited by Mento (2676 posts) -

@euandewar: Huh, really? I take it they didn't record any of it?

I beat the game as a nipper, it's not particularly difficult. Just really effin' dumb. I guess if they played it for thirty minutes and didn't find much to work with humor-wise, I could see why they'd abandon it in favor of something as incident-filled as BioForge.

#13 Posted by Humanity (9579 posts) -

To be honest with you, I wouldn't mind watching Vinny play any game.

#14 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Vinny's take on Pandora's Tower would be entertaining, I'm sure. Also, this thread reminds me that I really need to start on the game myself. I've had my copy sitting on the coffee table since I bought it at launch.

#15 Posted by Max_Cherry (1136 posts) -

More Vinny, Less Problems

#16 Posted by sirdesmond (1244 posts) -

I'm up for Vinny doing a play through of any game. I'd take Madden even, really.

#17 Posted by Sarumarine (2264 posts) -

Like many people have said, I'd be up for Vinny doing a run through of anything. Pandora's Tower? Sure. I'm sure he'd kill it.

#18 Posted by xyzygy (10028 posts) -

When you think about it, this game is PERFECT for a video playthrough. You need to return to your home base often in order to take care of someone, which provides good opportunity for video breaks. And some of the things you see in the game are disgusting. It's one of those very few games which makes you feel disturbed for watching what is going on.

#19 Edited by BisonHero (6671 posts) -

@damodar said:

Yes, but entirely because it would be Vinny. The actual game factors in to roughly 0% of my decision.

I voted no, but damodar is basically right. I would probably watch Vinny play just about any game, unless it were so bad he wasn't able to enjoy it whatsoever (and Vinny seems to have a pretty rock solid ability for seeing the good in games).