• 95 results
albedo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By albedo12

This guy! Just got my ticket. I've not been to PAX or Boston before, so any recommendations?

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mesoian

Ill be there. Book your hotel NOW if you haven't, apparently the Westin is DONE. After 3 hours.

Check out what parties are going on the night before. The Pokemon Bar Crawl is amazing, the GiantBomb rockband night is awesome, the GoG/Gamers with Kids Parties were cool. There's a TOOOOOOOON of stuff to do, you will not be bored.

localhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By localhost

Just got my 3-dayer after some registration shenanigans. Coming over from UK to see what all the fuss is about. Looking forward to it!

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By PerryVandell

I would, but travel costs are a real bitch for someone who lives on the west coast. I'll definitely attend PAX Prime/East once I have a steady income.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By stackboy

Just ordered my 3 day pass. Will be my second PAX, coming all the way from Australia again. Pumped that we get our own next year too!!

albedo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By albedo12

@Mesoian said:

Ill be there. Book your hotel NOW if you haven't, apparently the Westin is DONE. After 3 hours.

Check out what parties are going on the night before. The Pokemon Bar Crawl is amazing, the GiantBomb rockband night is awesome, the GoG/Gamers with Kids Parties were cool. There's a TOOOOOOOON of stuff to do, you will not be bored.

Thanks! Yes, booked the hotel immediately. Just need to sort a transatlantic flight and I'm done.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Dalai

I'll be there. 3-day pass and hotel booked. We should all totally get together and get drunk and piss on famous Boston landmarks.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

$70? Why do they keep going up each year?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

I'll be there in full force.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#10  Edited By Marino  Staff

Got my badge/hotel set. Going to PAX #9 for me. 5 Primes, 4th East.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Man... I live in the Boston area but I've never been to a PAX. Would like to go. I have no friends who are real gamers though, so tough to have the initiative to do this even though I'd like to.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mesoian

@JeanLuc said:

$70? Why do they keep going up each year?

Last year, it was 65 for early tickets, but 70 after a certain date. Then this past year, PAXPrime sold out in 8 hours.

So it'll just be 70 until 3 day passes sell out, which should be...by noon tomorrow.

@ArtisanBreads said:

Man... I live in the Boston area but I've never been to a PAX. Would like to go. I have no friends who are real gamers though, so tough to have the initiative to do this even though I'd like to.

Just go. There's so much stuff to do there, it's impossible to be bored. It's an awesome experience.

Meepasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Meepasaurus

@ArtisanBreads said:

I went alone to East and Prime '12 and had a ton of fun. Friendly people are everywhere.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Meepasaurus said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

I went alone to East and Prime '12 and had a ton of fun. Friendly people are everywhere.

@Mesoian said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

Just go. There's so much stuff to do there, it's impossible to be bored. It's an awesome experience.

You guys may be persuading me to just go for it. I would love to do something social with gaming. I'm way into it but basically none of my friends are besides like CoD or Madden so I'm pretty isolated socially with it. Seems like a cool experience.

How long will it probably be until this is sold out?

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mesoian

@ArtisanBreads said:

You guys may be persuading me to just go for it. I would love to do something social with gaming. I'm way into it but basically none of my friends are besides like CoD or Madden so I'm pretty isolated socially with it. Seems like a cool experience.

The cool thing is, you meet people at these things and form new friendships. Some of the best people I've ever known I've met at events like PAX. There will always be people interested in doing the same things that you like.

I wouldn't be surprised if 3 day passes are sold out by tomorrow or the next day. Day passes should be available through december.

marcmann2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By marcmann2

I'm looking forward to going to my first PAX. Trying to convince a friend to come along as well.

dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By dvdhaus

Going back for my second PAX. Met some cool peoples there last year. One tip would be if you follow fellow community members on Twitter, there will probably be hang outs most nights.

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By sterbacblu

Going, from Houston. Went to the first in 2010 so I haven't been to the new place yet. I found East more lacking than Prime but hopefully it's a bit more on par this time around.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GabrielCantor

Got my ticket and hotel this morning! Gonna be my first PAX and I'm SUPER excited.

Elektrobear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Elektrobear

Was planning to go to Pax Prime this year but as everyone knows, it was sold out in hours. So this time 'round I locked up my 3 day pass in time!

First Pax, I'm coming from Iceland and am super excited.

albedo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By albedo12

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Meepasaurus said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Mesoian said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

DO it. Something amazing is happening on your doorstep and you owe it to yourself to take a look.

aerobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By aerobie

Was planning on driving out there from west Michigan with a friend or two, but it's so damn expensive... Still in talks with my friend, but if everything is sold out by the time we figure it out...

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By endoworks

I just bought my 3 day pass and booked the hotel, my first PAX and first time in Boston. Super excited!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Phatmac

I'm not. :\

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By BisonHero

When in the fuck did this go live? My roommate and I checked out the PAX East website like 3 or 4 days ago, and it wasn't updated with anything. No mention of it in a Penny Arcade news post, until suddenly today when Tycho says "bee tee dubs, 3-day passes almost sold out".

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I had a look at the prices of flights and hotels and promptly said "fuck that". No way I'll be able to afford it. Maybe in 2014.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spankingaddict

GUYS, what day will Giantbomb panel be at ?!

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By zidd

@BisonHero: They started selling them yesterday. They always announce this stuff on twitter/facebook first so if you want to know when registration opens you should be following them.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spankingaddict

ME IS !

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By matt

3rd year running for me. PAX East is the best PAX!

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Unless I can bust out some last-minute madness like I did last year, no.

This makes me a sad panda.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RazielCuts

Even though I live in the UK I checked the PAX site to see what the prices were like when I saw a post on PA that the tickets were running slim, $70 for the 3 days is pretty damn cheap, thats like £45 = a game purchase.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By matt

@RazielCuts said:

Even though I live in the UK I checked the PAX site to see what the prices were like when I saw a post on PA that the tickets were running slim, $70 for the 3 days is pretty damn cheap, thats like £45 = a game purchase.

That's exactly how I started going to PAX. PAX Prime 2010 I just bought a ticket and convinced myself that now I have to go... right? Long story short, I haven't a missed PAX since.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I'm all in! It's the weekend right after my 21st birthday so it'll be the best weekend ever!

albedo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By albedo12

@BisonHero said:

When in the fuck did this go live?

If I hadn't been on twitter when the official PAX twitter tweeted the tickets were on sale I woulda missed it

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#36  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

I will be going to pax east for the first time. Should be a fun experience since I don't go on trips often and my best friend is going with me. It's to bad the best hotels sold out in about a hour or less. Oh well doesn't seem like it'll be that hard to get to the convention center.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rentfn

This will be my 4th PAX East I can't flippin wait. Booked my room at the Westin, got my 3 day pass. Can't wait!!!!! I know this is early but we should have a Giant Bomb board game meet up, if anyone is into that!!

GullumF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GullumF

This will be my first PAX East..

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ZoomyRamen

Brit duder coming to PAX east! First time travelling to the U.S...Kind of shitting it. Excited though!

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

Coming to my first ever PAX... from the West coast. Just missed PAX Prime but I'm excited to come back to the East coast after living there for so many years.

@rentfn said:

This will be my 4th PAX East I can't flippin wait. Booked my room at the Westin, got my 3 day pass. Can't wait!!!!! I know this is early but we should have a Giant Bomb board game meet up, if anyone is into that!!

Also, I'd totally be into that

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mahonay

I got my 3-day badge. Just have to get hotel details in order.

I may actually be able to get a media badge this year but I'm not risking it. I can always donate it to a friend.

agentmaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By agentmaine

Got my 3-day and so do some friends. I live in Boston, so travel is easy for me.

I am going to be networking like all hell. Trying to line up some internships for next year.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#43  Edited By slowbird

I'LL BE THERE AND ALSO I'LL BE SQUARE because I can multi-task.

albedo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By albedo12

@ZoomyRamen: I traveled solo from the UK to San Diego for Comic-con back in '09 and yeah, it was a little daunting at first but as long as you have all the right paperwork and remember that airports and hotels are staffed by people happy to answer all your dumb questions about courtesy buses, luggage handling and not knowing the difference between the hotel reception and the concierge you should be OK.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By matt

@Albedo12 I just got my ESTA sorted. They charge for it now?!

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ZoomyRamen

@Matt: YEah, it's $14 right? It lasts for a year though! What information did you need for it?

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By matt

@ZoomyRamen: Just name, passport number e.c.t. You also have to promise you're not a terrorist and have no interest in genocide

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ZoomyRamen

@Matt: Shit.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49  Edited By turboman

Not sure whether or not to buy a ticket to go (I'll have to buy 3 seperate passes)....

... that's a lot for hotel rooms... and I'd be going along if I did go... is it normal to hook up with other duders and split a hotel room?

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By matt

@TurboMan: As someone who spends a irresponsible amount of money going to PAXes, I say go for it. First time I went alone and that was also my first international trip alone. You gotta branch out man! Plus you know all us lovely people.