Giant Bomb PAX East 2014 Panel

• 161 results
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

I was in the second row of the middle section. I still haven't fully processed all of the chaos that occurred in front of me. That was beautiful.

Dito

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By TruthTellah

Aside from the fantastic ending, I wanna know the situation about the bottle incident. Is Lang ok? Was that fake all along?

Yeah, that was fake all along. Just expertly done.

No Caption Provided

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

I shut it off halfway through the QA section because my connection began acting up and I figured it was already over.

If I only knew...

astrozombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By astrozombie

That was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life. Bravo!

Avatar image for brewmaster_andy
Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Brewmaster_Andy

We had the bottle planted from the start. I had extra labels with me and gave one to John Drake for the plant.

All credit to Mr. Drake - I just provided the window dressing. I did make sure to remind him at one point which bottle was the right one, since there was an actual bottle of that beer right next to it.

guppy507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick's face at the end of the bottle-smash gif is perfect.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We had the bottle planted from the start. I had extra labels with me and gave one to John Drake for the plant.

All credit to Mr. Drake - I just provided the window dressing. I did make sure to remind him at one point which bottle was the right one, since there was an actual bottle of that beer right next to it.

It went off beautifully. Well done, man. A real highlight. :)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By TruthTellah
Jeff is gonna sleep well tonight.
Jeff is gonna sleep well tonight.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I was legit shook when Drake cracked the bottle, I really thought he had snapped and everything had gone to hell. When Jeff Green revealed his face I knew it was staged then, but man that ending was exhilarating. I think I understand why people get hype for wrestling now.

Avatar image for captaininvictus
CaptainInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

in a post ryan world, this panel super renewed my faith in GB to still be about fun.

also, one of the guys that asked a question to the staff (taking about the dark times he went through) sounded like he was crying? no disrespect to the guy, as i absolutely get it. but more power to him that he got up and told the staff that.

That was me, I wasn't crying, but for some fucking reason I had an anxiety attack the moment the dude in the blue shirt in front of me said "all yours" and was fighting to control it while asking my question(one person described it as me sounding like the G-Man). Anxiety attacks fucking suck. My sister was murdered abroad shortly before the formation of GB and her death was covered up, and I was distraught, borderline suicidal for a long time. GB's content kept me laughing and upbeat in those darkest of days until I could get help, so I've always kept up with GB since. Ryan dying probably hit me harder than normal because of that, too, and Patrick speaking about his dad at the panel on Friday inspired me to bring up the topic. I have a very loud voice, like, my voice fucking CARRIES to the point that people outside can hear my yelling from the inside of the facility I work at away from any windows, so I tone it down to a whisper for microphones and such. That combined with the anxiety didn't go well. Looks like what I meant to say got through to most folks though, although some people thought I was dragging out Ryan's death to bring the panel down??? I wasn't even thinking of Ryan's death when I asked the question, though I did realize it could be misinterpreted that way after and added the "uplifting" bit.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#111  Edited By Milkman

@captaininvictus: I thought your question was great, dude. I think a ton of people can relate to Giant Bomb or whatever else getting them through hard times like that. Seeing as most of the questions during the panel were just "hey, here's this joke I wanted to say! now react!", it was nice to see someone go up with something to actually say.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@captaininvictus: Rest assured duder, you didn't come across as being disrespectful at all. Your question and their response was actually one of the best parts of the panel personally.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captaininvictus: I think it went fine. Initially some people did feel like it was kind of bringing up the sore subjects of Patrick's dad and Ryan's passing, but once Patrick got into his answer and everyone on the panel showed their appreciation, I think most people got it.

I appreciate you having the guts to share that sentiment with them, one rather similar to something I've wanted to tell them, as well. When I was going through serious health problems and surgeries in the last few years, Giant Bomb was a big help in keeping up my spirits. There really is great power in the kind of entertainment they provide. :)

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely don't feel ashamed to have asked that question man. That was strong of you and it just showed how great this community can be and why they love the site.

herviross_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#116  Edited By herviross_2

That was great! Felt bad for Brad after Alex said blowing up that donkey was the most exercise Brad had got in awhile, and also finding out that he placed 12th in that badge collecting quest. Oh, and captaininvictus, you're question was good.

Ett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Ett

Alex going back to #teamharmonix and hitting Jeff in the back on the way out. East coast so dirty.

Pilgrimm1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Pilgrimm1981

Jeff is just the coolest dude ever. And what a show, a good 2 hours of finely distilled Giant Bomb, once again showing why this is the best gaming site out there with the best community!

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Just Jeff Green WOW I can not wait for the Royal Rumble now

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@captaininvictus: Ah don't worry about it dude. Like Alex told you it isn't silly that you feel this way. There might be a few bad apples in the bunch that give you shit but the majority of us are right behind ya. Hugs all around duder.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

@captaininvictus: I'm glad you said what you did. I could relate to it quite a bit! Definitely one of the better Q&A moments in recent memory.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

in a post ryan world, this panel super renewed my faith in GB to still be about fun.

also, one of the guys that asked a question to the staff (taking about the dark times he went through) sounded like he was crying? no disrespect to the guy, as i absolutely get it. but more power to him that he got up and told the staff that.

That was me, I wasn't crying, but for some fucking reason I had an anxiety attack the moment the dude in the blue shirt in front of me said "all yours" and was fighting to control it while asking my question(one person described it as me sounding like the G-Man). Anxiety attacks fucking suck. My sister was murdered abroad shortly before the formation of GB and her death was covered up, and I was distraught, borderline suicidal for a long time. GB's content kept me laughing and upbeat in those darkest of days until I could get help, so I've always kept up with GB since. Ryan dying probably hit me harder than normal because of that, too, and Patrick speaking about his dad at the panel on Friday inspired me to bring up the topic. I have a very loud voice, like, my voice fucking CARRIES to the point that people outside can hear my yelling from the inside of the facility I work at away from any windows, so I tone it down to a whisper for microphones and such. That combined with the anxiety didn't go well. Looks like what I meant to say got through to most folks though, although some people thought I was dragging out Ryan's death to bring the panel down??? I wasn't even thinking of Ryan's death when I asked the question, though I did realize it could be misinterpreted that way after and added the "uplifting" bit.

Right with you bud,

you grow real attached to these motherfuckers when you listen to them every day, Changed my whole life for the better after last year, made me realise that life is for living and not to waste it doing something I hate.

Good on you duder, keep your chin up.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By mrfluke

@mrfluke said:

im no stranger to anxiety attacks, end of the day you still got up and told those guys everything on how you felt, there's no shame in doing that. seemed like it did really resonate with especially the staff though with what you said.

and as for ryan's death, you're probably like the first person to even mention that to them since, that's probably why it was first interpreted as a "Negative", his death really hit us all like a ton of bricks. so for someone to even mention that topic probably took everyone by surprise.

Geniune condolences about what happened to your sister , and no bullshit, thats great that GB kept you going.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By ripelivejam

they say Navarro was the winner, but the true winner was

No Caption Provided

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captaininvictus: I actually thought that at first, but yeah. A few seconds later it became pretty clear what you meant and I felt like an asshole. It was great that you had the balls to ask that question and put yourself in front of everybody like that. Kudos, man. You did very well.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

and as for ryan's death, you're probably like the first person to even mention that to them since,

I doubt that,

kalnet101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captaininvictus: It took balls to go up there and tell them your feelings. Kudos to you man. You deserve it. =)

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I barely caught the ending to the wrestling, I think I know who won but I'm not sure, and I hope the archive is up soon so I can actually participate in this thread. I'm that dude that keeps the game recorded on DVR at home and REFUSES to talk to his friends until I can see it for myself.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#130  Edited By csl316

So it looks like I'm in for another organized, low-key Giant Bomb panel.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12b said:

@mrfluke said:

and as for ryan's death, you're probably like the first person to even mention that to them since,

I doubt that,

did anyone else mention it directly to them? obviously friends and family, but im more talking users like us,to me he was kind of the first person to directly do it.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

So it looks like I'm in for another organized, low-key Giant Bomb panel.

It's total snores-ville, brah. Might as well be a business meeting.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#133  Edited By csl316
ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

The audio of the stream does not pick up how loud the laughter was at points of the panel.

gryffinp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By gryffinp

Hey so

Look what I got

No Caption Provided

Man, how the fuck does anyone ever take a non-shitty ipod photo anyway?

Fuwano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That ending was amazing. I haven't watched a full wrestling match since the WCW was a thing but I got chills when they started playing Real American. Good on Jeff G for being brave enough to go shirtless as well!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super2j said:
@demoskinos said:

@drdarkstryfe said:

And THAT is why Wrestling > Anime.

Yes.

Strongly disagree! Imagine if Jeff Green came out dressed in this. I know I would have lost my shit way more. Anime>wrestling

No Caption Provided

Wrestling is just american anime when you think about it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@super2j said:
@demoskinos said:

@drdarkstryfe said:

Yes.

Strongly disagree! Imagine if Jeff Green came out dressed in this. I know I would have lost my shit way more. Anime>wrestling

No Caption Provided

Wrestling is just american anime when you think about it.

Then how do you explain Japanese Wrestling?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

everything on existence > Anime.

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#141  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@truthtellah said:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

I ran into Jeff Green after the panel and got to let him know that he's my hero for this.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering how many people in attendance, fans and friends of the site alike, told me "I had no idea who the masked guy was. I assumed an Enforcer was going to tackle him like a streaker.", it was pretty great. Especially since Jeff Green said he wasn't going to make the GB panel cause he had to fill in for Adam Sessler at a different panel. It was a huge fucking work.

Avatar image for the_dude_abides
The_Dude_Abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That was really mean on Brad.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By DonPixel

@cbk486 said:

@donpixel: jerks > anime?

No Caption Provided

This is what anime does to people. Call me a jerk I'll happily be one instead of an anime head.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just...

That... that was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life. I love you all.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By pyrodactyl

@demoskinos: Japanese wrestling is to wrestling(US anime) what the last air bender is to anime(anime ass anime)

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@guppy507 said:

Patrick's face at the end of the bottle-smash gif is perfect.

Haha didn't even notice this!

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slashdance said:
No Caption Provided

(source: gaf)

COLLUSION!

Someone really needs to take this gif and add in a large GET FUCKED BOY caption at the end. I'd do it myself, but I am a Gif journeyman and do not trust myself with the task.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing about the pins? They totally did him dirty. I talked to Brad and Pope about it after the Rumble and we all agreed that the photo maybe wasn't the best choice. It's dark, Brad's face is covered with a mic and a captain's hat, etc. A lot of people I met in line didn't even realize that was Brad, and they recognized John Drake's crotch.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#150  Edited By bacongames

@cooljammer00 said:

@the_dude_abides said:

The thing about the pins? They totally did him dirty. I talked to Brad and Pope about it after the Rumble and we all agreed that the photo maybe wasn't the best choice. It's dark, Brad's face is covered with a mic and a captain's hat, etc. A lot of people I met in line didn't even realize that was Brad, and they recognized John Drake's crotch.

As I was keeping the inventory on the buttons between both booths and chatting with Dave all weekend, the notion that Brad was particularly unpopular was a goof I saw Dave himself throw at Jeff right before the panel. The truth is, Brad was no more unpopular than Eric, Alex, Dave, or John Drake. The image itself is a bit dark, I can see that, but for those that knew where the image came from, it was a massive success. That and out of all the images I had chosen for these buttons, the Brad Shoemaker one was my personal favorite.