Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cooljammer00 said:

@the_dude_abides said:

That was really mean on Brad.

The thing about the pins? They totally did him dirty. I talked to Brad and Pope about it after the Rumble and we all agreed that the photo maybe wasn't the best choice. It's dark, Brad's face is covered with a mic and a captain's hat, etc. A lot of people I met in line didn't even realize that was Brad, and they recognized John Drake's crotch.

As I was keeping the inventory on the buttons between both booths and chatting with Dave all weekend, the notion that Brad was particularly unpopular was a goof I saw Dave himself throw at Jeff right before the panel. The truth is, Brad was no more unpopular than Eric, Alex, Dave, or John Drake. The image itself is a bit dark, I can see that, but for those that knew where the image came from, it was a massive success. That and out of all the images I had chosen for these buttons, the Brad Shoemaker one was my personal favorite.

Yes, it must have all been lies, because I find it hard to believe that Brad Muir is 11th or 12th place in anything. Dat grin!

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, not sure where to post this since there wasn't a thread for it, but I wanted to give a shoutout to the dudes I met after the #PRODUCED panel. @chuugoku, @equitasinvictus, and that other guy who doesn't have an account here yet but is somehow still a Giant Bomb enthusiast. I dunno. I guess that's weird but also okay. They were the guys who raised their hands when I asked who was in the NYC area.

5grand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By 5grand

@cooljammer00 Any idea if the produced panel was recorded in any way? I really want to watch it!

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@5grand said:

@cooljammer00 Any idea if the produced panel was recorded in any way? I really want to watch it!

I'm not sure. I saw someone in the front row with what looked like a pretty nice consumer grade video camera pointed at the stage, but I haven't seen anything online yet. Hopefully if they have that footage they'll read this thread and post it. I was also hoping Professors Gallup and Caravella would put the slides up on BlackBoard after the lecture. A bunch of us took notes but it's not the same.

5grand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammer00 Thanks for the reply. Fingers crossed for a recording and slides!

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By cooljammer00

@5grand: Well I just asked Rich and Vinny on Twitter for slides to be posted.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#157  Edited By AssInAss

I love the snarky remarks they make against each other.

Alex Navarro: "This is the most exercise he's gotten in a while."

Brad Shoemaker: *middle finger*

No Caption Provided

Which reminds me of the Alex/Patrick snark back on the last panel:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I can't believe I missed all of this. I can't believe it.

Migsse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Migsse
No Caption Provided

@themanwithnoplan said:

I can't believe I missed all of this. I can't believe it.

Welcome to my world!

I live 7854 miles away :/

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

in a post ryan world, this panel super renewed my faith in GB to still be about fun.

also, one of the guys that asked a question to the staff (taking about the dark times he went through) sounded like he was crying? no disrespect to the guy, as i absolutely get it. but more power to him that he got up and told the staff that.

That was me, I wasn't crying, but for some fucking reason I had an anxiety attack the moment the dude in the blue shirt in front of me said "all yours" and was fighting to control it while asking my question(one person described it as me sounding like the G-Man). Anxiety attacks fucking suck. My sister was murdered abroad shortly before the formation of GB and her death was covered up, and I was distraught, borderline suicidal for a long time. GB's content kept me laughing and upbeat in those darkest of days until I could get help, so I've always kept up with GB since. Ryan dying probably hit me harder than normal because of that, too, and Patrick speaking about his dad at the panel on Friday inspired me to bring up the topic. I have a very loud voice, like, my voice fucking CARRIES to the point that people outside can hear my yelling from the inside of the facility I work at away from any windows, so I tone it down to a whisper for microphones and such. That combined with the anxiety didn't go well. Looks like what I meant to say got through to most folks though, although some people thought I was dragging out Ryan's death to bring the panel down??? I wasn't even thinking of Ryan's death when I asked the question, though I did realize it could be misinterpreted that way after and added the "uplifting" bit.

hey captain, i chatted with you a bit after the panel. we met after Jeff signed my shirt. I still believe what you did was commendable and respectful. Anyone who gave you shit or wants to needs to cram it. im still surprised how some people reacted to this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5619720a117
deactivated-5e5619720a117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Anyone have the link to the panel with Jeff and Eric Pope, talking about youtube videos or whatever? Also, was Vinny's Production Panel streamed?

patbaer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dross said:

Anyone have the link to the panel with Jeff and Eric Pope, talking about youtube videos or whatever? Also, was Vinny's Production Panel streamed?

Jeff, Pope, and Max were on my panel! I put it on youtube. Warning- it gets really messed up at the end.

http://youtu.be/q3E_zw0xQNI

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

No Caption Provided