Well, crap. This sucks. Tickets basically gone.

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So I was super pumped to finally be living somewhere near a PAX event site so I could finally go. I started looking at tickets and prices on sunday, and was somewhat dismayed that they weren't on sale yet. Fast forward a couple of days, I forgot to check the PAX site, and thus missed the first day of ticket sales, and thus basically missed my opportunity to go to PAX, seeing as how both the three-day and saturday passes are already sold-out, and I would have left for Boston friday afternoon and left sunday afternoon. Additionally, the Giant Bomb panel, one of the main things drawing me to PAX, would probably be on saturday, thus making it basically useless for me to go.

My question is as follows: are any of you in a similar situation? Have any of you ever seen PAX tickets go back on sale after being sold out?

I really do apologize if I'm coming off as incredibly obnoxious or entitled, just kind of to vent a bit. Sorry, duders.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bocam

Yes but they sell out just as fast

@fossas said:

Have any of you ever seen PAX tickets go back on sale after being sold out?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I wish I had gotten a 3-day pass, but I got one for Saturday and Sunday! So I'm going! Well, technically my friend got them, and I have to pay for mine, but it's the same.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By EarlessShrimp

@mooseymcman: that's the same thing as getting them in my book.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@earlessshrimp: I had actually given up hope of going, but I mentioned it to my friend via an IM whilst he was at work, and his response was basically, "I'll get them." Pretty cool on his part! (We've been friends since high school, so yeah.)

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

How's pax san antonio doing?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooseymcman: Same situation. I heard after I left work that they were on sale earlier and sold out on 3 day passes. Called my friend and he was cool enough to pick up three different days for me. Getting harder and harder to score these tickets. Eventually I feel like I'm going to not be able to go just like San Diego Comic Con. Tickets are not easy to come by.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought my PAX south tickets awhile back but they certainly didn't sell that fast.

Makes me wonder what kind of a show and turnout to expect.

I doubt Giant Bomb will make the trip down to Texas. I'm still pumped PAX is happening in my home state though.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

http://www.reddit.com/r/PaxPassExchange

pushBAK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are always people selling badges out front. Always. Usually at cost. I was harrased literally every time I was in front of the expo hall last year, and the year before that. PAX Prime too, although it's not so bad.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Y'all should come to PAX Aus next year!! Tickets are on sale in December.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I got my Tickets to WrestleMania 31, no problems here.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By big_jon

@fossas: Yeah, it's happened to me twice in a row for prime. I was pissed because I got in the cue 5 minutes after they went on sale.

I'm not sure if it's the same there but at prime if you show up there's always people selling tickets. In 2013 I got 3 days at cost.

Check Craigslist too. I managed to get two Saturday tickets there too at cost as well.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There really is no solution for any of this except let the process work itself out. People want to go, and until there is just enough demand - not too much or too little - there cannot be a good solution. You would hope that as they expand by adding more shows in more places that demand would become reasonable, but that could take another six or more years.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By nightriff

I really wanted to get tickets for PAX West this year, but plans didn't workout so I didn't buy tickets, but I wanted to go through the process of what I need to do in the future when I can go, tickets were sold out in like 12 minutes, I believe it was all versions of tickets except like Monday still left. It was crazy. I am now convinced I will never be able to go to one of these events.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

If you want 3/4 day passes you have to be in line minutes (possibly seconds) after @official_PAX tweets that tickets are on sale.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fossas: I don't use any social media so I kind of get your feeling.

2012, I was only able to buy Friday & Saturday tickets.

2013, I some how got 3 day passes.

I didn't go this year but I was able to get Friday & Saturday passes again for 2015.

I hope you get a chance to go sometime in the future. It really is a unique experience.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time PAX Prime sold out in less than 24 hours, at least the 3 day passes did. It's getting ridiculous.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@monkeyking1969 said:

There really is no solution for any of this except let the process work itself out. People want to go, and until there is just enough demand - not too much or too little - there cannot be a good solution. You would hope that as they expand by adding more shows in more places that demand would become reasonable, but that could take another six or more years.

I think there is also a subset of people that can afford to go to multiple PAXs each year, because they have enough disposable income that a weekend vacation that costs a few hundred dollars is doable several times a year for them. I wish people wouldn't attend multiple PAXs unless they're devs or press. It's hard enough to get tickets.

Pathogenocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I thought that only the 3 day passes sell out entirely, this is first time I've ever dealt with them just selling out of tickets in general. How can a convention center not have room? It's not like a concert or a sports game were there are limited seats. I mean the Boston Convention center is huge!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hah. Yeah. This is pretty common.

2014's PAX Prime tickets sold through in minutes. It was horrifying. If you weren't on the webpage refreshing the very moment they went live, you were mostly out of luck.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never went to any PAX primes or PAX East (I live in canada)

I know Pax Prime are a big thing but Pax east too? Why are they selling out too quick?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never went to any PAX primes or PAX East (I live in canada)

I know Pax Prime are a big thing but Pax east too? Why are they selling out too quick?

PAX East always sells out of the best tickets within and hour, and the Boston Convention center is newer and larger than Prime. Anyone thinking Prime is 'more important' or 'larger' that East is likely making a mistake. The Eastern US & Canada have a huge game development and tech industry. You can look up all the big companies, they are well known, but what people don't realize is how big Massachusetts game development community is right now. And, that is with Irrational Games closed, and 38 Studios getting closed by politics in Rhode Island. The difference is that our game development community is not from ITT Tech, it is from MIT Media Lab.

The East Coast industry has its failures and closures, just as anywhere else, but even right now there are sixty that are open and functional right now in Massachusetts. That why PAX East is in Boston...it was not a dartboard choice.