#1 Posted by spyder335 (283 posts) -

really want to hear the guys opinions.

#2 Posted by STUVNING (138 posts) -

I concur, heard some really positive things on the Weekend Confirmed podcast especially.

#3 Edited by SunBroZak (976 posts) -

Considering Jeff said something on twitter about how "the more he saw of the game the less he liked it", and that we're almost past it's relevancy in terms of the new games coming out, I think it's unlikely. Alex might have something to say on it though, if he gets around to playing it.

#4 Posted by BisonHero (6045 posts) -

@spyder335: They played a bit of the beta during an Unprofessional Fridays. That may be all they ever do, given that none of them seemed that into it, and I can't think of very many times recently that the GB staff has committed to showing off a co-op game properly (the Dead Island TNT comes to mind, which is probably more than that flawed game deserved).

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unprofessional-fridays-07-26-2013/2300-7738/

#5 Posted by Morningstar (2125 posts) -

I somehow doubt we will get one. Already showed it at UF, and lots of other games coming out.

#6 Edited by mrcraggle (1798 posts) -

I would've thought there would've been one by now. This is the number 1 best selling game in the UK right now

#7 Edited by falserelic (5270 posts) -

From what I've heard jeff doesn't seem to enjoy the game...

#8 Posted by spraynardtatum (2519 posts) -

I'd like more insight into why Jeff doesn't like it. I saw his tweet and I'd be interested to know what about the game makes him lose interest (I bet it's the menu/upgrade system). The game is solid but finding matches and getting good upgrades is a paaaiiiinnnn.

Since I own the game I wouldn't benefit from a quick look, other than for pure entertainment value, and I'd be just fine hearing his opinion on the bombcast.

#9 Posted by Krullban (1021 posts) -

Jeff doesn't enjoy the game, and it's not a triple A game so it deserves to be ignored completely.

#10 Posted by mrcraggle (1798 posts) -

@krullban: Yet they QL'd that crappy Mega Man rip off

#11 Edited by Subjugation (4714 posts) -

@krullban said:

Jeff doesn't enjoy the game, and it's not a triple A game so it deserves to be ignored completely.

Not sure if sarcasm or actually stupid.

#12 Edited by Morningstar (2125 posts) -

Quick look incoming on the 20th =)=)=)

#13 Posted by schreiberty (203 posts) -

@spraynardtatum: I bet he doesnt like it because its a First Person Shooter

#14 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1526 posts) -

I feel like a quicklook would'nt do the game justice. What might work would be if they got a team of community people and let them guide one of the crew through a stealth mission, thats were the game shows it's potential. It works pretty good with dota, the crew is entertaining. It could be offset with a more shooty mission like Rats, and for some reason I think Jeff would enjoy cooking meth :)

#15 Posted by themangalist (1716 posts) -

@spraynardtatum: I bet he doesnt like it because its a First Person Shooter

He is the most jaded of the bunch, and I can tell he's absolutely tired of the fps genre aa long time ago (but he has to review the games).

#16 Posted by mak_wikus (498 posts) -

Ask and you shall receive?

#17 Edited by Chaser324 (6248 posts) -

Giant Bomb delivers!

Moderator Online
#18 Edited by BisonHero (6045 posts) -

I stand corrected.

But you guys should set your expectations accordingly. It's almost guaranteed to be Jeff/whoever playing with either a bunch of AI, or online randos that he never talks to and will probably not be listening to because he'll be focused on explaining the game to Brad/Vinny/viewers.

#19 Posted by Krullban (1021 posts) -

@krullban said:

Not sure if sarcasm or actually stupid.

#20 Posted by AlexW00d (6167 posts) -

I can't imagine a quicklook to be the most... flattering of things, if Jeff does it anyway. The best parts of this game are actually attempting the missions with some semblance of a plan, and I really doubt they'll bother with that. I will post a video of why the teamwork does make this super fun though.

#21 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1502 posts) -

You are getting your wish, my friend.

#22 Posted by Video_Game_King (35783 posts) -
For reasons unclear even to me, I hope this is the thumbnail to the Quick Look.

#23 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5114 posts) -

The front page confirms it good duder.

#24 Edited by spyder335 (283 posts) -

The front page confirms it good duder.

yays, but as someone else said the real fun in this game is making a plan and adapting on the fly when said plan turns to shit.

#25 Posted by Dezztroy (768 posts) -

Well, you asked for it.

Probably would've been better if they didn't do one.

#26 Posted by myketuna (1644 posts) -

I thought the quick look was ok. I already knew Jeff was gonna shit on it, but he still tried to show off the game. By the end, I knew the way I would play it, would alleviate a lot of his grievances. I got a Payday crew at the ready. Real tight crew.

#27 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@dezztroy said:

Well, you asked for it.

Probably would've been better if they didn't do one.

The world would be a better place had they not done one.