Best $200 or less PC monitors?

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Huey2k2

Hey guys, I am in the market for a new monitor right now, mine is starting to die a slow and painful death, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good monitors that are $200 or less.

I most play games on my PC, but I don't really play many FPS games, so latency is not a huge deal to me. If I had to pick between low latency, or a better picture, I would choose the latter.

Needs to be 1080p, ideally in the 22-24inch range, as that is what I have become accustomed to.

Thoughts?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

I don't really keep current with monitor tech, but I bought myself this about a year ago and it's been great. I'd actually recommend finding something with an IPS panel if you want the best image quality, but those will cost you a bit more.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really keep current with monitor tech, but I bought myself this about a year ago and it's been great. I'd actually recommend finding something with an IPS panel if you want the best image quality, but those will cost you a bit more.

Sadly I am on a pretty tight budget, $200 is the highest I can go. I would love an IPS monitor, but they are essentially out of my price range.

Basically I want a monitor with the best image quality I can get in that price range. I realize it won't be the best in the world, I am going to take what I can get.

As far as the monitor you linked that's one of the ones I was looking at while perusing Newegg this morning, nice to hear a positive first hand experience for it. I will keep it in mind.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I got the Asus VW246H about a year ago on sale for $170. It's outstanding.

I'm pretty sure it's discontinued now, but if you can find it it's a hell of a monitor.

This one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236102 seems to be the newer model. Same specs as far as I can tell. 2ms response time.

IPS monitors are great, but your probably not going to find one for under $300, much less under $200 unless you get a really small one.

Dell seem to have the best IPS monitors out there so I would look at them, but like I said, it's gonna cost ya.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jsnyder82

HP 2311x

It's the one I used to have, and it works great.

bradchunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bradchunks

I just built a computer a few months ago and this is the monitor I bought: Asus VS239H-P. It looks great, I have not had any issues with it, and it is an IPS monitor under $200.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By rjayb89

I bought this just a few weeks ago. I love it. Especially if you're coming from non-LED-lit and IPS monitors. The thing nearly burned my eyes out since I switched from my HDTV to it when I got it with Civilization V running and it's great. It was also sub-$200 for me, maybe it's just a bad monitor I bought since people keep saying how expensive IPS monitors are supposed to be.

People mention it's mid-range but man, everything is so vibrant with this damn thing. Hard not to recommend if you're on a budget as I was just snooping around with reckless abandon to find a replacement for my broken monitor (I need a second monitor for my laptop so I killed two birds with one stone with this thing, with it acting as my primary gaming monitor as well now instead of my TV).

Turkalurch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Turkalurch
Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

some people can properly find a better monitor then the one i suggest, but i really like the samsung S24B350H

its around $100

and the basic specs are

24" led screen 16:9 widescreen
resolution is 1920x1080 1080p full hd

Pixel Pitch 0.277 mm

Contrast 1000:1 / 5000000:1 (dynamic)

Respond time 2 ms
i got 2 of em' and have had them for about 1 year or so and no problem with them what so ever expect for one of them could not handle a solo trip down a flight of stairs the screen was fine but the outer casing got a few bumbs and bruises so i send it in to get a new one.
but if my warranty diddent cover stupidity then it would properly still have been fine now

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By GaspoweR
Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Huey2k2

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I am going to keep shopping but this is all helping a ton. Monitor tech is one of the few things I have fallen behind on. I was getting pretty overwhelmed trying to figure this stuff out.

Also it's nice to see there are a couple IPS monitors under $200, I am leaning towards those so far.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know about most people but I just use my TV as a monitor.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been looking to get my third 24" PC monitor for PS3, PS4 and PC at the same time (don't ask), I looked into everything display lag and saw that the LG IPS237L was the absolute best with this, as long as you had its over-drive mode active.

Now, what does that specific overdrive mode look like? I've got different modes on my current two, Philips and Benq, both of their special gaming modes tear my eyes out from their sockets and rub them in sugar and salt before throwing them into the sun. If that LG has to be like that for 0.9ms input lag - screw it. If overdrive really does decrease the lifetime of the monitor - screw it even harder.

Avatar image for monstersarehere
monstersarehere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have several monitors in the office, the best by far is the Dell U2312 (or P2312? don't remember). It also has a very adjustable stand. Not sure about its price though...

Other than the Dells there is a Samsung 22" IPS that is good. I have no idea what model it is unfortunately. It is posh though, glossy and super thin.