Best place to sell a Graphics card?

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm going to be getting a GTX 970 soon and want to sell my 760. What's the best place to sell it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-GeForce-Graphic-Express-980MHz-1033MHz/dp/B00DM9B6J0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412206132&sr=8-1&keywords=gtx+760+palit

That is my current card.

Where should I sell it and at what price should I sell it at? (I'm in the UK btw)

I don't have a box for it as it came with the PC. What packaging do you send a graphics card in to reduce damage to it?

Thanks for the help.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I'm not sure about the UK, but if you can't get a decent price for the 760 you could always use it as a dedicated PhysX card...or save it for a HTPC build or something later down the line.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cornbredx

Maybe Ebay? Or maybe Amazon. Amazon does have ways to sell stuff although you may just get Amazon credit for it, I'm not sure. I've never done it, but I've seen that button on the side of product pages that says something like "Have one of these and want to sell it?" or something like that.

Edit: Ya, on your linked page look on the right side. It's a grey button.

Midjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Has GB ever thought of adding a small buy/sell/trade forum? Or would that just be an utter nightmare to moderate?

SneakyPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@midjet: I think that would invite a load of trouble that they dont want to deal with.

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try your local PC enthusiast forum. I sold my old 570's and a monitor on overclockers Australia (OCAU) and had no trouble doing it. I also didn't have the box's for my cards and i think i just rapped it in bubble rap real neat and tight and then used news paper etc for packaging.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try your local PC enthusiast forum.

This. If it doesn't work out, go to your local Ebay site.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

I've sold a few at CeX but the nearest one is 60 miles away now and I use eBay. I've always been a bit anal about keeping boxes, manuals, packing material etc with my tech and that helps a lot when you're selling them online.

EDIT - I know you say you don't have the box so use as much bubble wrap as you can get away with in as snug a fitting box as you can find - your local post office should have a variety of cardboard box sizes. An anti-static bag might be useful but I've sold cards without them. Make sure your listing says it's unboxed but will be well packed - It saves any moaning from the buyer if they're expecting it boxed.

Sold my old 7950 on eBay a few months back for £120.

Sold a few things on Amazon in the past but I'm more used to eBay.