Do you own a gaming PC?

• 99 results
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Poll Do you own a gaming PC? (445 votes)

Yes 42%
No 11%
PC and game consoles 47%

I'm just curious of how many people actually have a gaming PC. I personally don't for several reasons, but I just enjoy using them at friends places, as I just a decent one to play Amnesia.

So do you guys have a good gaming rig or do you stay with consoles like me?

• 
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Always.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I game on my MacBook Pro. I don't see the point of having a 'gaming PC', in the end it's still the same game no matter what.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My video card is "dead" (pretty sure the thermal paste is dried up) so it can't game or it overheats.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No, but I would like to own a modest PC that I could play the occasional PC game, the exclusives, be able to play whatever I pick up in Steam sales, etc. But I wouldn't want to ever limit myself to one platform.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Always. Definitely. My main source of gaming (even more than my 3DS). I sold my Xbox some months ago and I'm not ever looking back.

@jdh5153 said:

I game on my MacBook Pro. I don't see the point of having a 'gaming PC', in the end it's still the same game no matter what.

Better framerates, better visuals, better overall performance. Pretty straightforward answer.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeyravn said:

Better framerates, better visuals, better overall performance. Pretty straightforward answer.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman

@jdh5153 said:

That is ridiculous. You can't even run most games on Mac without getting into Bootcamp (or similar) shenanigans. Even if you do put in that effort, the limited graphical capabilities coupled with a tiny screen would make me want to tear my eyeballs out. Not an enjoyable experience.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own a PC that I play games on. Does that count?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#9  Edited By Kidavenger

PC is my main platform, I can understand if you aren't working full time or are in dire financial straights sticking to consoles, but if you can afford it, PC is the way to go and it's really never been so affordable.

15 years ago I bought my first pc and it was $2000, not even a gaming pc, just a basic computer, you can build a decent gaming pc for $800 now, you need a computer anyway it's only $300 more to go from a regular pc to a gaming rig, and then all the games are half price and you don't have to pay for online, it's a no brainer.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By rorie

My gaming PC is basically my best friend. Also sometimes a friend with benefits. I love it and want to marry it.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ikilledthedj

@rorie i think your using it wrong

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

I wish. Don't even have my own computer in general anymore after its memory... broke, or something. Gotta share with my nan's computer in the living room.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153 said:

Keep telling yourself that...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yeah, I have a gaming PC. It's not just for gaming though, I use it for CAD and engineering simulation stuff. It's still performing great after two years, I was thinking of getting an upgrade recently but it's really not necessary.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I do not own a gaming PC and it makes me very sad. I can only afford to game on consoles and my laptop.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By TobbRobb

It doesn't have any official "FOR GAMING" tags or anything on it. But I make sure it runs games real good.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My PC is big and black, what do you think?

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first gaming experience was on my Tandy TR80. I got an NES for Christmas when I was 7 or so. I played the ever living snot out of that NES until my dad brought home an IBM with a 286 in it. When my dad brought home our first 386, it was preassembled in a shop, but had no OS on it. My 10 year old self loaded DOS and Windows on it and then played the ever living shit out of Wolfenstein 3d. I remember the first time actually opening a computer. My dad brought home some 64k or 128k memory chips which we used to upgrade the video card so it'd do 16 bit color at 640x480. oOoo... Aaahh...

I had an SNES. I played a fair bit on it, but I identified with the PC much more. While people were playing Star Fox, I was playing TIE Fighter. I got interested in film post production after playing Stunt Island.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By colourful_hippie

Of course. I'm currently rocking an i7/GTX 770. I also own all the current consoles (except Wii U because lol) and handhelds but have no intention in getting the new machines.

There's a chance that I'll get a PS4 in the future but only after the first year or so to make sure it's actually worth having instead of something to get just to fit in with the hype.

bgdiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Yes, and I miss it terribly. I'm away at uni right now and I didn't want to bring it from home, nevermind the time I would most definitely waste playing. Does give me a good reason to come home for Christmas though.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jdh5153 said:

Don't worry, the PC master race will ride in on their high horses and tell you why you are wrong and they are right.

fleabeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theking: Not our fault his opinion is wrong.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Own a PC and currect consoles. Have no plans on getting a PS4 or X1 in the foreseeable future unless 1) Titanfall is the shit and 2) the PC version sucks. Unless Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 come to PC though I'll eventually have to get one.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zeik

I've never actually owned a real gaming PC. Most PC's I've owned have been pretty below average, not capable of playing anything modern. (Or at best, at the absolute minimum settings.)

I'm thinking about making that my next major purchase though, as I feel like I've reached the point where I could actually care. I don't see it ever replacing a console though, so I haven't decided if it's really worth the hefty investment.

DonMFJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hells yeah I do, saved up some money so I could have one in my living room connected to a TV and one in my bedroom for teh FPS/strategy games.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pc and consoles but im phasing consoles out for good.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sure do.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My PC and I roll together like Will Smith and Martin Lawrence in Bad Boys II.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sold my consoles, kept my PC. Not intending to get new consoles, and just ran a cable so I can use my pc connected to my big tv in the lounge room.

Find the bitter "PC Master Race" comments to be hilarious when it's always the people who are anti-PC talking shit

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By JoeyRavn

@theking said:

@jdh5153 said:

Don't worry, the PC master race will ride in on their high horses and tell you why you are wrong and they are right.

Yeah, we should know better than replying to two obvious flamebait posts.

Edit: Seeing your posting history and how much you hate PC gaming, I have to wonder why did you even click on this topic? To stir up some shit, I have to assume, because it's obvious that you just don't like PC gaming at all. So much that you want to ban all discussion of it from Giant Bomb... Why don't you just focus your efforts in posting in a section of the website that better caters to your interests?

countbolkonsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. I also have a 360 but at least for now I'm not buying a next gen console.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This poll needs a 4th option for "PC and Consoles, but voted for the top option because I didn't see that there was an option for PC/Consoles."

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure I'm a necromancer because my old-ass gaming PC should have died years ago. When I get some money, I'm building a new future-proof one from scratch.

@rorie i think your using it wrong

You'd be amazed at the variety of USB peripherals available.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Hell yeah I do. PC gaming is where it's at.

MasterpinE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MasterpinE

I like dumb shit like 3D Surround, Impact vests and stuff. PC helps me do dumb shit. PC destroys my wallet. Wouldn't have it any other way.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all the games are half price

Chh, half price.

And yes, I do, and I'm never going back to consoles, save for the rare exclusive.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski said:

Own a PC and currect consoles. Have no plans on getting a PS4 or X1 in the foreseeable future unless 1) Titanfall is the shit and 2) the PC version sucks. Unless Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 come to PC though I'll eventually have to get one.

Yeah, although I have a gaming PC and I AM getting a PS4, it's very weird how a single game like Titanfall can force me to cough up 500 bucks for an Xbox One. I mean, yeah, definitely the PC version as the first choice, but if it's a terrible port and a glitchy mess? I'm gonna have to work a bit more overtime.

sixnahalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah i have my own gaming pc at home. i can play any game on my pc no problem encounter during playing any games but still waiting for GTA V

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Devildoll

Isnt it a bit biased to ask this in the pc section, you'd get a tad more relevant results if you asked this in general chat.
This is like going to the apple forum and asking if people have an iphone.

I game on pc, and have an xbox 360 to play forza on, dunno if that counts as having a console.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's getting old but still totally serviceable for anything designed for PS3/360.

It sits somewhere in between current and next gen consoles and judging by the requirements of most launch games on next gen consoles it should be fine for most of next year or however long it will take for publishers to stop pretending like the PS3/360 still exist.

MrAbomination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing with my PC for a year or so now, my consoles have kinda been gathering dust. I had planned on getting PS4, but instead I just ordered Geforce GTX 770 and a new power supply. Still not sure was that the smartest thing to do or not, but screw it. I'm in the PC camp for realsies for a while at least.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GaspoweR

@rorie said:

My gaming PC is basically my best friend. Also sometimes a friend with benefits. I love it and want to marry it.

Yes...Ever since I built one for the first time with all the components I picked and bought online a few months ago, I have been loving my time with it. :D

Also it's the only machine that I use it for both gaming and studying/productivity (the latter of which I actually use at least 50% or more with my time with it) and I kinda wish that it's also the same computer I use for work since the office PC is SO...SLOOW.

Avatar image for deactivated-616d38c07628a
deactivated-616d38c07628a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup bought a new one this summer for 15 000 Kroner, thats 2500 US dollars

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use to play consoles all my life from NES to PS2 then around 2005 I got into PC gaming and I love it I don't think I can ever go back. Nothing against them but once you get spoiled with PC graphics,mods,custom configuring mouse and keyboard controls it's hard to play any console oh and I'm super pumped for the Oculus Rift next year.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By ProfessorEss

Steam Sales and aging console hardware put me back into PC mode.

I tend to take extended breaks from PC gaming whenever a new console establishes itself (usually 12-18 months after release). I've always liked going back and forth between desktop and couch gaming but now that my PC is hooked up to my couch (well my television but you know what I mean) I'm not sure what the new consoles will have to offer to get me to switch out again.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 2, loungeroom machines are rad. The only use I have for consoles are exclusives.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CynicalBuzzard

I do not own a gaming PC yet, I did a few years back but it ended up breaking down. I plan on making another one in about a year or so.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I have a laptop that's been able to play most games very well on low and very low. I plan to build an actual gaming PC sometime next year.