#1 Edited by sofakng (25 posts) -

I'm just wondering, but does anybody use a laptop on their couch to play games?

I have a big gaming desktop but it's down in the basement so I thought it might be nice to buy a small laptop for playing indie (or light) games on the couch so I can sit by my wife while we watch TV, etc.

Anyways, I've tried a Macbook Air (2013) and the trackpad is a bit annoying for me even though I'm only playing turn-based games and some indie stuff (FTL, etc). I've tried using a mouse on the couch as well but that also doesn't work.

Does anybody here use a laptop (without hooking it up to their TV) for gaming while on their couch?

#2 Edited by Tennmuerti (8172 posts) -

I use mine on the bed.

Get a piece of wood (like a shelf) that you can put a laptop and a mouse on and then you can use that laptop anywhere, on the couch on the bed or even in a bathtub.

#3 Edited by Nivash (241 posts) -

I used to before my old laptop crapped out and I decided on upgrading the even older desktop rather then shelling out for yet another one. I bought a small cordless Logitech mouse and just put it on a really big and thick medical textbook. Worked surprisingly well for just about anything. Even managed to play some old FPS games like the original CoD.

I'm a compulsive multi-tasker so I tend to get bored by just watching TV with nothing else to do. I just use my tablet now though, plenty of good emulators on Android.

#4 Posted by cloudnineboya (844 posts) -

used to till i lent it to a friend i had i really good mouse and my couch was flat and hard so it was fine to use, there are days i wish i had it back but i am still trying or for a better words still trying to get my lazy ass to fix his computer.

#5 Posted by vikingdeath1 (996 posts) -

I mean, "Laptop games"? I play Farcry 3 and Sleeping Dogs on my laptop on my couch, that count?

#6 Posted by zombiesatemycereal (427 posts) -
#7 Edited by MocBucket62 (1261 posts) -

I do, I play Rome Total War Gold edition on my MacBook Pro.

#8 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2523 posts) -

I personally can't STAND playing ANY pc games on a couch unless I'm using a controller.
I hate using the trackpad on a laptop, and a mouse on a couch is just about the worst thing ever.

If I had to suggest something, though... I'm going to say FTL, since you're able to pause it and queue up commands.

#9 Posted by pyromagnestir (4333 posts) -

Sometimes. I will usually put it on a coffee table or tray table and play with games with a controller.

#10 Posted by Tesla (1938 posts) -

I have an M11x R3 that I use as my only gaming PC. I have something similar to @zombiesatemycereal that I put the laptop and wired mouse on while I sit on the couch. Plug the laptop into the television and I'm good to go.

#11 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1670 posts) -

I use mine on the bed.

Get a piece of wood (like a shelf) that you can put a laptop and a mouse on and then you can use that laptop anywhere, on the couch on the bed or even in a bathtub.

Bathtub you say? Madness! Sheer Madness! I usually put mine on a folding table and put on a movie if I'm taking a bath. that way it's not dangling over my bathtub but still safely within reach? Saying it out loud now feels like it isn't really any safer...

I too use mine in bed primarily.