Is FRAPS no longer updated/supported?

Wolf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Was surprised to see that FRAPS hasn't been updated in over a year...I recall it used to get updated multiple times a year, seemed like every time I launched it.

Also, it doesn't seem to support Windows store games. Illo Milo is defaulting to my Ivy Bridge GPU, although the frame rate with maxed out graphics is still fine (stutters slightly sometimes, but no big deal)

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I stopped using FRAPS because there are free alternatives that work significantly better.

If you're curious: OBS, MSI Afterburner, and that one that NVIDIA put out (although you have to have a 700 or higher NVIDIA GPU to use that one). There are more if you look, too.

Leave FRAPS behind, it's in the past now and besides it is terrible at memory allocation and so it makes the file sizes ridiculously large. MSI Afterburner (just as an example) has perfectly fine image capture and the file sizes are 5x smaller than FRAPS (not an exaggeration).

Just some advice, though. I don't know if FRAPS updates anymore, but I would guess that their sales went down significantly when other people started putting out better screen capture software.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

...and that one that NVIDIA put out (although you have to have a 700 or higher NVIDIA GPU to use that one).

It's 600 series and above for Shadowplay recording.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadowplay is a little bare on features but actually works great if you need a "one button press to record" solution.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm using radeon pro right now (not sure if it works with nvidia but i think it does) with Shadow of mordor cause it allows sweet fx to run with a fps counter.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I use OBS or Xsplit (paid for a year so might as well use it) depending on the game. They are way better than FRAPS and only cost me like 5fps instead of the 30 FRAPS did back in the day.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@mb: oh, 600 series. My bad.