Need PC headset recommendations.

Duxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, I am looking to replace my old PC headset (with mic). Im looking at both wired and wireless options. Wireless is preferred, but Im afraid may be cost prohibitive.

Thanks!

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

What price range are we looking at here (since there's everything from $20 to $1000+ in play now)?

Duxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy: I probably wouldnt want to drop more than $100 on them. Stereo is ok, 5.1 would be cool but would have to be USB no 3.5mm.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Do you want one of these Gamer headsets marketed at dudes with more money than sense or do you want something decent? I find it truly hard to recommend any of the gaming brand stuff cause it's all bad.

RazorRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My top 3 categories are:

1) Comfortable (not feeling like ears are falling off after and hour or two).

2) Good sound (no crackling, no underwater sound, just a good mix of bass/trebble etc).

3) Good mic (Dont want the people listening to me hearing static, pops etc...)

Other than those 3 I dont care about brand or anything like that.

Wireless would be a plus but not necessary.

USB would be a plus but not necessary.

5.1 would be a plus but not necessary as long as Stereo sound is good.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use a Razer Carcharias. Sound quality is fairly average, but it's extremely comfortable and doesn't cost very much, around $60 or so.

Duxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Duxa

Looks like Skullcandy SLYR is a good choice for me. Anyone any experience with those? Anything you dont like/like?

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Steelseries makes great headsets that don't look as obnoxious as some other "gamer" headsets do. They recently put Steelseries H Wireless that have been getting great reviews. Personally i don't think wireless i worth the extra price and you generally get better sound quality on a wired product.

I use the Steelseries 5H today but if i were to buy a new pair today i would get the 9H instead.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razorramen said:

Mad Lust Envy's guide is widely considered the definitive guide on headphones/headsets for gaming.

Is that really all they think is worth it in the $50 to $150 range? Seems to be lacking a lot of headphones.

Sherlock22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sherlock22

I have the Logitech G430 headphones with the dolby 7.1 surround. Theyre like $80 on amazon which isnt exactly cheap, maybe look for a better deal but i will say that they are pretty nice and the mic seems to work well. It's usb for the surround which sounds good but you can use audio in and audio out plugs if you wanted. It's comfortable enough and the software lets you tweak how it sounds if you're the kind of person that wants to get a lot of bass or something.

Kevin2306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are almost always on sale and have been very good to me for about 1.5 years now. They are actually on sale right now for $30:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158082

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

There is no substitute: Astro A50 wireless. Pricey, but one of the best purchases for gaming i have ever made.