Playing Black Ops 2 on PC?

deadshot_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By deadshot_52

What would be the best pre built computer that would be able to run BO2 smoothy, and saw what price.

Also, if building is just the better option, tell me what the best Graphics Card, and CPU would be.

I hope this isn't too much to ask lol.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Just Black Ops 2?

deadshot_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: No, but in BO2 I have good (recent) memories with that game.

Plus, I like it better than Ghosts and AW.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Black Ops II is just old enough for even the budget CPU's GPU's of today to be acceptable.

I would specifically give you a build based on the min specs.....but I kinda don't want to have to look it all up.

Have you checked the online community for it on PC? I know the COD games have long legs, but with Advanced Warfare I wonder how a game two iterations ago is holding up.

deadshot_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Ops II is just old enough for even the budget CPU's GPU's of today to be acceptable.

I would specifically give you a build based on the min specs.....but I kinda don't want to have to look it all up.

Have you checked the online community for it on PC? I know the COD games have long legs, but with Advanced Warfare I wonder how a game two iterations ago is holding up.

Come again?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@deadshot_52: What he means is, if you're playing Black Ops 2 at 1080p, you can set the quality options to Ultra and get a stable 60 FPS with a low to mid range CPU and something like a 750 Ti. It isn't a demanding game by any means.

I have to say though, your original post doesn't quite make sense. It seems like there are two different questions in there but I can't be sure...are you upgrading a current PC or building a completely new rig just to play Black Ops 2? What is your budget for this project?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AlexW00d

There's actually twice the people playing BO2 than Advanced Warfare right now, 8000 for BO2 and 4000 for AW. To put this into perspective there's 9500 people playing Euro Truck Sim 2 and 850000 people playing Dota 2. Whilst BO2 isn't at all popular on PC, it's still the most popular CoD game.

deadshot_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I'm just wondering if I should build a PC for BO2, or buy a pre built one. And if I should build one, which CPU and Graphics Card.

@alexw00d said:

@voshinova said:

There's actually twice the people playing BO2 than Advanced Warfare right now, 8000 for BO2 and 4000 for AW. To put this into perspective there's 9500 people playing Euro Truck Sim 2 and 850000 people playing Dota 2. Whilst BO2 isn't at all popular on PC, it's still the most popular CoD game.

lol

spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mb: I'm just wondering if I should build a PC for BO2, or buy a pre built one. And if I should build one, which CPU and Graphics Card.

@alexw00d said:
@voshinova said:

lol

To be fair Euro Truck Simulator is so moddable. That's also the reason why relatively old sims like GTR 2 or FPSs like BF2 and COD 2 are still played.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By gundogan

@deadshot_52 said:

What would be the best pre built computer that would be able to run BO2 smoothy, and saw what price.

Also, if building is just the better option, tell me what the best Graphics Card, and CPU would be.

I hope this isn't too much to ask lol.

I remember getting 60fps @ 1920x1200 on a Phenom II x4 955 with a HD6850 and ~125 with everything on low. It's a well optimized PC port so you don't need a monster pc. Building it yourself is almost always a better option money wise than buying a pre-build, granted you can build it yourself (not hard to do IMO). You can probably get a good framerate with something like an Intel i3-4150 or AMD FX6300 combined with a GTX750-Ti 2GB or second hand AMD card and have reasonable performance in newer games too (PS4/XONE settings like performance for pretty much the same amount of money).