Recently Bought a New PC - Please help with me some games!

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all - I recently bought a PC for gaming and other bits. I've not been playing games on my PC since (/checks Steam...) 2013. Please be aware, I didn't play loads back in 2013 either though; 2011-2012 were my big gaming years on here.

I mainly use my PS4 to play AAA games, so I was hoping to get a mix here on the PC; things that are AAA for when the TV is unavailable and indies that haven't hit PS4/are best experienced on the PC. I work a lot and am married so, super long games are also out the question - I play Bloodborne/Dark Souls and that's long enough. I think something like Civ or Total War will just take too much time to master to get real enjoyment out of.

After having seen some Quick Looks I decided that The Fall, Halfway, Cities: Skylines, and maybeDivinity: OriginalSin look fun, but I know I've missed loads in the last year. If anyone can name some games that are worth a look into, it'd be really appreciated. Also, any Quick Looks that spring to mind would be super too.

------------

As far as genres go I'm super open minded. I'm not interested in competitive games much however; anything that can give me a good single player experience would be great.

Oh, also my PC has a GTX 960 in it, an i5 processor and 8GB of RAM. I'm hoping I can run that Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin if it becomes available on Steam in Japan.

Thanks a lot for reading!

MosaicM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fall and Cities: Skylines are great choices for someone who is busy. I'm an adult gamer with a job as well and those are both a lot of fun and easy to stop and start. As for best experiences on the PC. Let me suggest any of the Bioshocks if you haven't played them already. Better graphics and controls on the PC plus they are all absolutely fantastic. Dragon Age: Origins is also really great if your up for a deep RPG. I might suggest that over Divinity if you haven't played it yet. But I haven't played much of Divinity myself. FTL is a fun space game and can be pretty short. Especially when you die quickly. lol. Shadowrun: Dragonfall is another fantastic RPG for PC. I would suggest Dragonfall: Directors cut rather than the original returns. Gone Home for a slow story adventure type game if that's your thing. It's short but I enjoyed it. Hearthstone is a fun card game made by Blizzard. Be careful though, even though it can be quick it can be SUPER addicting. Been there and done that. Good luck finding some great games to play!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Because I've been playing it a lot recently: E. Y. E. Divine Cybermancy for a cyberpunk FPS RPG fix.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I'm playing Scholar of the First Sin on a GTX 660 high settings. It runs great and it's slightly cheaper than consoles at $50 (DX11) if you didn't purchase the game or DLC previously.

getsomegoagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since you say you are super open minded I have an unusual one for you. I've been into Grow Home lately, it's a quirky light hearted but surprisingly deep platformer. Short though. But it's also only $8 on steam. It's about a half dozen hours or so on the first playthrough at a medium pace and you may want to play it again. Moderate repay value I would say.

Here's where the open minded part comes in. You will look it up and figure it's just a kid's game. Trust me...it's great for kids, but it's also great for ALL ages. It grabs you.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Talos Principle is currently on sale, there's a free demo of it on steam too.