#1 Posted by ski13 (2 posts) -

Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 GHz 2.27 GHz

4.00 Gb of RAM

Video Card (Standard on my laptop): Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

I know these are bad, but to give you a basis, some game I can run are: Portal, Half-Life 1-2, Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, Torchlight 1, and some old games like that. Here's some I can't run: Garry's Mod, Portal 2, DotA 2, WoW, LoL, and Arma 2.

My laptop is from '09, so that can give you a better understanding.

Thanks!

#2 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1270 posts) -

Doom.

#3 Edited by BeachThunder (11264 posts) -

Binding of Isaac. Anyone can run it, it's a fantastic game, and it's cheap.

#4 Posted by mbdoeden (138 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Hotline Miami will run on that machine.

Super Meatboy.

Classic games like Icewind Dale or Baldur's Gate would be fun and worth the money on GoG.

#5 Edited by believer258 (11039 posts) -

Doom 1 is timeless. 2 and Final are both mostly good but Doom 1 is fantastic.

You could also try some older RPG's. Morrowind, Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale, Temple of Elemental Evil, etc.

Counter Strike 1.6 and Source ought to run OK on your laptop if you want a good multiplayer shooter. Battlefield 1942 was free on Origin for a while, I don't know if it still is but it's worth a look.

Thief 2, Deus Ex, and System Shock 2 are some of the most celebrated and influential first person games of the late '90's, you should try those. All on Steam.

For newer games, try FTL, Intrusion 2, Super Meat Boy, and Terraria.

Sid Meier's Civilization IV should work fine and so should Sim City 4.

Don't forget about emulation, either!

#6 Edited by crithon (2574 posts) -

Batman Arkham Asylum, Mark of the Ninja, Hotline Miami, Guacamelee, these are good fast paced action that run SUPER WELL on those specs.

#7 Posted by Juzie (162 posts) -

Rayman Legends is the best game released this year that you'll be able to play. That video card won't handle most newer games (as you probably already know).

#8 Posted by spat55 (32 posts) -

I'd get Duke Nukem 3D, it is still a awesome game. GTA Vice City too.

@crithon said:

Batman Arkham Asylum, Mark of the Ninja, Hotline Miami, Guacamelee, these are good fast paced action that run SUPER WELL on those specs.

Don't listen to Batman Arkham Asylum because it will not play on that.

#9 Edited by Captain_Felafel (1522 posts) -

Hearthstone is pretty fantastic, if you're into card games. Open beta next month; that game will run on anything.

#10 Edited by mosdl (3223 posts) -

Torchlight

#11 Posted by hans_maulwurf (79 posts) -

I'd guess witcher 1, company of heroes, hitman blood money might work (I played those on a 1,7ghz centrino laptop with 1gb ram and a mobile 6800gt). mw/mw2 might also work.

#12 Posted by VACkillers (1021 posts) -

Unreal Tournament 99 / Unreal Tournament 2004 / Worms Reloaded / Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 / Battlefield 1942 (free on origin) / Angry Birds / Continuum (free MP space game) / Command & Conquer: Generals and below / Vampire The Mascreade: Bloodlines / Terraria / might be able to get away with Endless Space.

There are still games you can play but you are pretty limited without having a real dedicated graphics card.

#13 Edited by Missacre (566 posts) -

You're just better off trashing that thing and saving up for a better PC. It'll save you the pain.

#14 Posted by joshwent (1778 posts) -

Almost every non-new release on GOG.com. Dig in!

#15 Posted by avenlaya (54 posts) -
#16 Posted by ski13 (2 posts) -

@missacre: that's what i'm doing, trying to save up. im gonna build a desktop once i get the money