#1 Posted by GeorgeBroussard (7 posts) -

I made a small 48hr game for the Ludum Dare game jam this last weekend. It's very small and quick to play, and has some subtle strategies to lead to higher scores.

Sunk: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2...LD29/LD29.html

Would love to have you check it out, perhaps tweet your score in game at the end (so I can track data) and give any feedback.

Thanks all. Carry on!

#2 Posted by glacialhelmnun (52 posts) -

Cool game. The sound is really really excellent. I don't have twitter but my best is 48 seconds : (.

Did you consider having separate oxygen and stamina meters?

Anyway, congrats on finishing something cool in the time frame.

#3 Edited by Chaser324 (6546 posts) -

Nice work. It did a pretty good job of stressing me out by playing on my fear of drowning, and I'm always impressed by people that have the discipline and skill to crank out something solid in just 48 hours.

I'm also pleased to discover that George Broussard has a Giant Bomb account. Don't be a stranger.

#4 Posted by captain_max707 (490 posts) -

Very cool!

#5 Posted by GaspoweR (3031 posts) -

Okay just for clarification if anybody's skeptical.

#6 Edited by MB (12409 posts) -

29.7 seconds...this is why I don't like the ocean! Really cool concept!

#7 Edited by DeadpanCakes (907 posts) -

Didn't really get it the first few times, so I kept drowning immediately after starting.

My best is 76

#8 Posted by Skyfire543 (691 posts) -

52 seconds!

#9 Posted by Abendlaender (2806 posts) -

80 seconds. Feeling pretty good about this! Nice game, took my a bit to figure out the wave stuff. I like it.

#10 Posted by GeorgeBroussard (7 posts) -

Glad you guys dig it. My best is like 152 seconds, and some crazy person online broke 200. There's a pretty narrow skill band and timing that will let you get above 90s. But you have to be really good about staying near the surface and letting the waves catch you on the way down so you get free stats as you ride it.