What games can my new laptop play?

Avatar image for anonymous-poster
Anonymous-poster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So for my birthday I got a new laptop which is a Inpiron 15 3000 series. I was wondering what games could play on my machine? I asked around on other discussion forums and boards about this and they said not much can run on it. But I manage to play Civilizations V and Star Trek Online on this machine for high graphics with no problems. I wonder what other games could I play on this as well?

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-3542-laptop/pd

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends what you define as playable. You could probably get most games that are older than three or four years and weren't particularly demanding at the time to at least run on lower settings, if not necessarily run well.

Bioshock 1, 2 and maybe even Infinite, Skyrim, Far Cry 3 should all work, I guess, but I'd highly reccomend against experiencing those games in such a restricted way.

Also, more cpu dependent games like Civ (as you've noticed) or Paradox games or EVE should run without too much difficulty.

Ardood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ardood

I use this website CanYouRunit

Take the results of this with a grain of salt though, it's not the end-all be-all, but it is a good frame of reference to see if your computer even stands a chance of running a specific game. I've also been able to search youtube with my graphics card model and the game I want to run. For example if you wanted to see if you could run Shadow of Mordor you could search youtube with "Intel HD 4400 Shadow of Mordor". Obviously the CPU in the video won't always be the same as yours, but it gives another good frame of reference.